Question--What do Republicans need to see before they change their minds?

Easy ...

*He doesn't represent the ideas or the best interest of this country.

*He has no plan to make things happen (before you blame that on the Democrats---he is the President and it is his job to be savvy enough to unite this country ... which he refuses to do ... matter of fact ... he has waged war on anyone Democrat or Republican, who doesn't agree with his ideas and twitter crap.

*He is an arrogant, egotistical rich brat who has marketed himself as some type of tycoon/mogul who is more successful than he really is (which is funny since his businesses are a blueprint on how to manipulate the government into proping up his failed business dealings up through constant use of chapter 13 bankrupcy).

*He constantly blames his mistakes on others---WHICH SHOWS NO LEADERSHIP ABILITY WHAT-SO-EVER.

*He and the people that he aligns himself with CAN'T relate to the average American (which is true for many/all politicians--but at least they are smart enough to not act like they can all the time).

Most importantly .... HE TREATS COMMON, EVERYDAY AMERICANS LIKE THEY ARE COMPLETE PIECES OF MORONIC :poop: with insults, lies, vulgar behavior. (And if a Democratic President spoke about how stupid republicans are constantly, "fake news", etc ... I would not support them either).

This post shows no matter what this POTUS does you will never support him.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Trainwreck? Funny ... I don't remember Democrats saying that after Obama took over from Bush (didn't the housing crisis start on his watch? what about the cost of gas? what about inheriting a war which was started to avenge Daddy's good name and also to line the pockets of his rich buddies in the oil business).

The only trainwreck in these parts ... is the current President and his relationship with one of our enemies. I will take Obama, Bush, Reagan and just about anyone over what we have now.

You still haven't answered the original question ... which ... as a Democrat ... I respect your right to ignore ... but seriously .. come back with something better than pointing to a President that actually made an effort to help Americans (even though they aren't Americans that the Republican party likes to recognize ... you know .. .the not so rich and the poor).

You're kidding, right? EVERYTHING was Bush's fault.

Don't act like that didn't happen. :ohbrother:

Here is my problem with the POTUS and, believe me, he is much better than the VPOTUS.

> He blames everything that goes awry on someone or something. He takes responsibility for nothing that goes wrong on his clock. Mark my word, the first terrorist attack on his clock will be because of loose immigration laws. Even if the person that does it was born here and is a legal citizen. My respect for him woul honestly increase if he would just take responsibility when things go awry on his clock. Whether he likes it or not he owns he problems.

> His treating anyone who disagrees with him in a disrespectful manner. That is not what I want in a leader.

> His agenda, although I am not a fan, is not the problem. His catering to the rich with his policies are no surprise at all. He is in this for him and every sign I see from him supports this. His catering to the Christian Right (for their votes) when his actions are anything but Christ like is the biggest fake out there even bigger than the fake news.

> I actually thought the job would humble him, I was wrong.

I will not debate because that is fruitless in this forum. My two cents is all it is. But it is one voters thoughts.

Trump is an abrasive individual, telling you bluntly what he thinks. I believe that is in part what got him elected. The difference between Trump and Obama is that Trump will shake your hand and tell you what he is thinking. You know where he stands. Obama will shake your hand, smile and stab you in the back with his other hand. With Trump, as tactless as he is, you know where he stands. Obama talks to whatever crowd he is with, but is most telling is when he is with his supporters and dissing gun owners and Christians.

I do not believe Christians were fooled by Trump. I believe many held their nose and voted for him. He is seen on the surface as a guy who does not talk down to Christians, but he has a lot to learn about Christianity. Obama claimed to be a Christian, yet when you look at his church and pastor in Chicago, you see a church that does not seem very Christian or supportive of America.

As I stated in another post, Trump seems to be more supportive of those things that many want, less government, efficient government, support of law enforcement, the military, individual liberty, America projecting its power to defend freedom and capitalism, standing up to and not bowing to foreign leaders and showing a love for America, warts and all.

As an add on, I believe Trump could learn to get his points across with being less abrasive.

More class from the right ... imagine that.

:lol2: You've done nothing but take shots at the right from the jump in this thread, so why wouldn't they respond in kind?

You didn't want actual discussion, you simply wanted to take shots at President Trump and those that support him.

I'll take the opposite approach since I have a very strong dislike for our current POTUS....

I'll also preface this with the thought that I support the office of the President, regardless of who is in it. I want him to succeed and do well, so the POTUS will always have my support.

I could find myself approving of his time as POTUS if he would:

- Stay off the Twitter. Like 3 weeks ago.

- Stop focusing so much on whether people like you and focus on getting things accomplished for the country. The petty quarrels and tit for tat are tiresome.

- Pass some sort of tax reform.

- Treat people with respect.

I do like his SCOTUS appointment of Justice Gorsuch quite a bit.

This post shows no matter what this POTUS does you will never support him.

Wrong again (you are on a roll!).

The President ... could immediately take my mind from "complete scum sucking bottom dweller" to "Hey ... I am a democrat I have an open mind" with one quick sentence (or something similar):

"I have said some really silly, stupid things that are offensive to a lot of people ... I am sorry".

But you see ... the problem is ... he isnt ever going to do that. And knowing that he won't is pretty freaking pathetic.

You will notice that that list basically doesn't say anything about his treatment of women ... and the degrading "blood" comments. Yet your answer is still to comment on your opinion on whether I will support this President or not.

Would you let this guy talk to your wife ... your daughter ... your niece like that? In the real word ... those comments would have you on your can immediately if not sooner. But for this guy ... you are willing to just brush it off. Seriously ... welcome back to the days where women are treated like the scum of the earth. Welcome back to the days of where it was okay to treat women like they have no rights as human beings. Do you understand have dangerous that is? How demeaning? Apparently not. And I promise you that the women in your life are a ton more offended than they are telling you. But hey ... Donnie does it ... so it must be cool!!

And let me say this ... having a President that won the election ... yet continues to hammer on about his beaten opponent (not to mention all of his fanboys) ... sure is starting to sound like sore winners. You won ... have some class and act like it and do something for this country besides tearing it apart.

Funny ... with all this left and right talk ... if you go back to Bush the 2nd ... you won't find one post from me ... I thought he did a horrendous job ... but I sat back and took it. Same thing for Obama ... I thought he did a great job ... yet I didn't say a word. But this guy ... he only cares about his arrogant self. He doesnt care about the everyday average American. He can't relate to us nor does he want to relate to us. I have no clue how people can support a "leader" who goes out of his way every morning to offend specific groups of people. How can you guys support that?

I am an American just like the rest of you .... I fought, my family, friends and millions of others for the ability to express my opinion ... yet republicans seems to think that they are the only ones who have a valued opinion.

Welll ... then again ... not all republicans ... especially since so many have decided that it is time to take a stand and to say in public that what is going on isnt right. Are those people morons as well?

:lol2: You've done nothing but take shots at the right from the jump in this thread, so why wouldn't they respond in kind?

You didn't want actual discussion, you simply wanted to take shots at President Trump and those that support him.

If "taking shots" is the same thing as republicans have done with our last President ... then I am fine with that.

I have clearly detailed numerous items that are real facts ... but again ... in the mind of the average republican ... those things don't matter.

I think if you spend about 3 minutes reading what I have written ... you will realize that, what you call "shots", are what Democrats call real issues.

But hey ... when I woke up yesterday, today ... I didn't expect anyone from the right to actually stop and read anything that comes from someone from the left. More "fake news" ... shots, etc. (Which is funny ... by the republicans definition ... it makes me a lot like their President ... you think I would be celebrated for "Speaking My Mind"!!!!)

You're kidding, right? EVERYTHING was Bush's fault.

Don't act like that didn't happen. :ohbrother:

Nope ... another far right idea ... everyone hates the right .... we never do anything wrong! And for the record ... every President does a bunch of stuff that I disagree with.

I will also take this opportunity to say that I was wrong about Bush ... I never thought we would find a President who did less for the average American until the current President. Which opened my mind to the thought that Bush was actually pretty solid ... he definitely got things done ... and most importantly he didn't insult the American people (and I wish I would have realized that when it happened)

Wrong again (you are on a roll!).

The President ... could immediately take my mind from "complete scum sucking bottom dweller" to "Hey ... I am a democrat I have an open mind" with one quick sentence (or something similar):

"I have said some really silly, stupid things that are offensive to a lot of people ... I am sorry".

But you see ... the problem is ... he isnt ever going to do that. And knowing that he won't is pretty freaking pathetic.

You will notice that that list basically doesn't say anything about his treatment of women ... and the degrading "blood" comments. Yet your answer is still to comment on your opinion on whether I will support this President or not.

Would you let this guy talk to your wife ... your daughter ... your niece like that? In the real word ... those comments would have you on your can immediately if not sooner. But for this guy ... you are willing to just brush it off. Seriously ... welcome back to the days where women are treated like the scum of the earth. Welcome back to the days of where it was okay to treat women like they have no rights as human beings. Do you understand have dangerous that is? How demeaning? Apparently not. And I promise you that the women in your life are a ton more offended than they are telling you. But hey ... Donnie does it ... so it must be cool!!

And let me say this ... having a President that won the election ... yet continues to hammer on about his beaten opponent (not to mention all of his fanboys) ... sure is starting to sound like sore winners. You won ... have some class and act like it and do something for this country besides tearing it apart.

Funny ... with all this left and right talk ... if you go back to Bush the 2nd ... you won't find one post from me ... I thought he did a horrendous job ... but I sat back and took it. Same thing for Obama ... I thought he did a great job ... yet I didn't say a word. But this guy ... he only cares about his arrogant self. He doesnt care about the everyday average American. He can't relate to us nor does he want to relate to us. I have no clue how people can support a "leader" who goes out of his way every morning to offend specific groups of people. How can you guys support that?

I am an American just like the rest of you .... I fought, my family, friends and millions of others for the ability to express my opinion ... yet republicans seems to think that they are the only ones who have a valued opinion.

Welll ... then again ... not all republicans ... especially since so many have decided that it is time to take a stand and to say in public that what is going on isnt right. Are those people morons as well?

To quote the POTUS you thought did a great job:

"Elections have consequences, I won".

Nope ... another far right idea ... everyone hates the right .... we never do anything wrong! And for the record ... every President does a bunch of stuff that I disagree with.

I will also take this opportunity to say that I was wrong about Bush ... I never thought we would find a President who did less for the average American until the current President. Which opened my mind to the thought that Bush was actually pretty solid ... he definitely got things done ... and most importantly he didn't insult the American people (and I wish I would have realized that when it happened)

You said the Left didn't blame everything on President Bush. That is factually incorrect.

If some of you are going to pretend this amount of negative conversation didn't happen towards Obama, there is literally zero reason to continue the discussion.

The fact that you could even type those words is baffling to me.

I'm somewhat stunned people who were active on this forum over the last nine years (not directed at MJ, but seems a common sentiment) can assert criticism of Obama was impersonal, high-minded policy wonkery and only now we've devolved into personal and outlandish attacks on the president. Obama couldn't sneeze without being called a secret Kenyan, Muslim, Marxist, anti-American, anti-colonialist, anti-Christ (yes, really), terrorsist sympathizing, effete European, community organizing, dumb as a rock, arrogant, racist who continually disrespected the office with his Dijon mustard, golf playing, rap music, tan suits, and insufficiently attractive wife.

This times eleventy billion.