Obama questions

I thought Trump was moved to action against Assad because he was moved by all of the horrible pictures he was shown of the innocent children that were killed and injured in the most recent chemical attacks. And as a result of his emotions he attacked Syria, albeit it was an empty attack, but an attack nonetheless.

I've said it multiple times that I wish Obama had ignored congress and attacked Syria like Trump did. I definitely would have been behind it then like I am now. I'm just not buying this whole "Obama was weak" argument from a bunch of people who never liked anything the man did and I'm no buying that Trump sent a message to Assad when Assad and Russia are clearly sending a message back to us. I'm ready to see Trump do what the other big options on the table were. This attack on Syria was the small option. Do the big one. Let's show these folks who we are and what we do. I'd don't like beating around the bush. I like burning it down and then shooting it and then burning it again.

I understand your frustration with the comments about Pres. Obama. I don't think he is a weak person, I applaud him for even attempting to deal with Assad the way he did. Attacking another country and sending young troops to die is beyond my comprehension. The decisions required of the United States president is above the pay grade of guys like me. It's easy to say I'd do this and I'd do that but in reality none of us know how we would respond in decisions of life and death.

I have the utmost respect for the responsibility of the person carrying the weight of the presidency on their shoulders. That includes every president that has existed in my lifetime. I may disagree with decisions they make or the way they act,but I would never disrespect the person or office. That includes Barack Obama and Donald Trump.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the thread where I posted that one side or the other, either Republicans or Democrats, could bring hard facts to the table and the other side would not believe them? This is what I am talking about. And it could be either side, not pointing out any certain side. This is where we have come to.

I also remember several threads you float the idea Muslims are liars to fool the enemy.

You may be getting duped Jess.

It's inevitable even though people like to think otherwise. Diplomacy is dead with Russia. We've been weak with Russia as a result of the previous administration's inability to keep Putin in check. Putin doesn't respect us and that is Obama's fault. At this point in order to get our respect back we need to take the bully on and punch him in the mouth. Show them who is boss. How long do we stand by and get punked by Russia? Especially since they are doing what they can to help make Assad stronger. Later for that. They said our attack of Syria was an act of aggression. I say we show them real aggression. If we take over Russia we'd have total control of the planet wouldn't we?

Too much Coffee this morning!

Or you are starting early! :lol2:

We've been there. I've been complaining about people picking and choosing what facts they want to believe since 2003. That video isn't hard facts. That's a person in Syria who wasn't properly vetted who is saying an opinion about Obama that you happen to agree with.

It's a fact Assad used chemical weapons in 2013 and President Obama responded with empty promises. Assad ignored him.

It's a fact Assad used chemical weapons in 2017 and President Trump responded with force, the only thing they understand.

President Obama didn't need Congress approval to attack, just as President Trump didn't. An attack is different than asking for a declaration of war.

It's a fact Assad used chemical weapons in 2013 and President Obama responded with empty promises. Assad ignored him.

It's a fact Assad used chemical weapons in 2017 and President Trump responded with force, the only thing they understand.

President Obama didn't need Congress approval to attack, just as President Trump didn't. An attack is different than asking for a declaration of war.

Yes. I've declared on multiple times that Obama messed up by not attacking Syria in 2013. I've said multiple times that he should have attacked regardless of what congress said. In fact, I have said here on BGP that Obama asking congress was most likely a political move on his part meant to bail him out. I am trying to be super clear here....Obama screwed up with Syria.

Now, to the video. You're fine if that dude is indeed a member of ISIS? We're allies with ISIS now because they are glad that Trump attacked Assad? You good with that? You good with being partners with ISIS? You good with that cat in that video possibly duping CNN while being a card carrying member of ISIS openly praising Trump? That's my question about this video that Jesse loves so much. We don't know anything about that cat other than him claiming to be a survivor of the chemical attack of 2013. For all we know he could be a highly trained member of ISIS waiting for the travel ban to be lifted so he can come to America and commit an act of terrorism in the name of ISIS. But he praised Trump and called Obama weak so it's all good now, right?

Yes. I've declared on multiple times that Obama messed up by not attacking Syria in 2013. I've said multiple times that he should have attacked regardless of what congress said. In fact, I have said here on BGP that Obama asking congress was most likely a political move on his part meant to bail him out. I am trying to be super clear here....Obama screwed up with Syria.

Now, to the video. You're fine if that dude is indeed a member of ISIS? We're allies with ISIS now because they are glad that Trump attacked Assad? You good with that? You good with being partners with ISIS? You good with that cat in that video possibly duping CNN while being a card carrying member of ISIS openly praising Trump? That's my question about this video that Jesse loves so much. We don't know anything about that cat other than him claiming to be a survivor of the chemical attack of 2013. For all we know he could be a highly trained member of ISIS waiting for the travel ban to be lifted so he can come to America and commit an act of terrorism in the name of ISIS. But he praised Trump and called Obama weak so it's all good now, right?

Who said we are allies with ISIS? Where did you get that. I think this will clear up alot.

Do you believe this guy is a plant? Do you think he is lying just to be lying. Do you think he really thinks Trump is bad? You know what I meant.

I think he is a member of ISIS who is genuinely happy that Trump attacked Assad and that as long as Trump attacks Assad and not them he's good with Trump. How many attacks on ISIS did Obama have during his time in office?

I think he is a member of ISIS who is genuinely happy that Trump attacked Assad and that as long as Trump attacks Assad and not them he's good with Trump. How many attacks on ISIS did Obama have during his time in office?

Why do you think that? I mean you got to have some kind of reasoning for that.

Why do you think that? I mean you got to have some kind of reasoning for that.

There is a civil war going on in Syria. Everyone has chosen a side over there. When Assad launches his attacks on civilians the civilians have to choose a side to fight back and for protection. What are their options of sides for protection in Syria? If you are in Syria and your family is attacked by Assad what are you going to do? I know I'm going to join the fight with the folks fighting Assad. Over in Syria ISIS is the choice that many people have been making over the years when it comes to fighting Assad.