Susan Rice back in the news

If anyone disagrees with the following givens please jump in.

It seems like these are facts that are simply indisputable:

Rice was NSA

In her role she saw intel daily.

In her role she often asked for the unmasking of a US citizen or "USP."

She cannot unilaterally unmask a USP.

There is a two-prong test that has to be met before the intel org who did the surveillance "unmasks" a USP.

Step 1: Is there a valid "need to know?"

Step 2: Is the identification of USP truly necessary to understand contest of the intel?

Once the request has been granted Rice has a limited number of people she can share the ID with - only those with proper security clearance.

"Unmasking" does not mean "leaking." Unmasking simply means those with proper security clearance can know the name of the USP.

The requests are logged and available to Congress.

Congress often requests intel agencies to provide the log.

President Trump and his team have had this list of not only requests for unmasking but also those requests that were granted at their disposal from Day 1. These requests cannot be hidden.

So with all of the above givens what is the real issue here?

We don't know if Susan Rice has done anything wrong at this point, that I am sure we agree on.

However, she did lie on PBS and in my opinion (yes this is my opinion) some of her speech patterns are deceptive. Or put another way, she knows a lot more than she is telling everyone. Additionally, her part in the explanation on Benghazi calls her credibility into question even before she lied on PBS. Finally, I think it is going to be like pulling teeth to get any meaningful information from Susan Rice.

The "leaking system" that took down Mike Flynn may claim Susan Rice as its next victim.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a legitimate news story no matter how much everyone on the left wishes it wasn't.

Thats so true. I just wish we could know the whole truth no matter how it turns out. Only way our country is going to get better is to weed out the liars and thieves.

I can respect Fox for this.

I saw the story on NBC and CNN today. NBC had an exclusive with Rice.

FOX doing anything to fill air time so they don't have to cover the sexual harassment allegations of O'Reilly.

Thats so true. I just wish we could know the whole truth no matter how it turns out. Only way our country is going to get better is to weed out the liars and thieves.

Exactly!

And I don't care who it is, Right - Left - Top of the Chain - Anywhere in Between, lock them all up and throw away the key if they committed any crimes.

FOX doing anything to fill air time so they don't have to cover the sexual harassment allegations of O'Reilly.

Do we have a thread on this? If not, would you please find a good article and start one?

We don't know if Susan Rice has done anything wrong at this point, that I am sure we agree on.

However, she did lie on PBS and in my opinion (yes this is my opinion) some of her speech patterns are deceptive. Or put another way, she knows a lot more than she is telling everyone. Additionally, her part in the explanation on Benghazi calls her credibility into question even before she lied on PBS. Finally, I think it is going to be like pulling teeth to get any meaningful information from Susan Rice.

The "leaking system" that took down Mike Flynn may claim Susan Rice as its next victim.

No argument on possibilities.

My post was to get to a point where we can debate with facts and THEN speculate.

I feel that some don't fully understand what "unmasking" is and I know most do not know the process I detailed. I didn't. So I read multiple articles and listened to interviews with people who DO know. So when Lipton says I "copied" something I guess I did if he means I listened to a former NSA guy today describe the process and what happens in a the daily life of someone in the intel community.

We spend too much time talking in "definites" that aren't based on fact.

So unless someone can tell me where my list is incorrect why don't we use that as a starting point for what we really know and then go into speculation.

We can speculate she leaked info. We can speculate she did something outside the scope of right and wrong with the info she got in her role. What we do NOT know is she did something illegal.

I have also seen the same thought process across the twitter world today. Not saying you did that, and I dont guess plagiarism is a rule violation here on BGP. :)

If you or Lipton find somewhere on line where I copied anything I typed I'll write a check to your favorite charity, including any girls basketball program you like, for $100.

Have at it. Hit your google key.

If you or Lipton find somewhere on line where I copied anything I typed I'll write a check to your favorite charity, including any girls basketball program you like, for $100.

Have at it. Hit your google key.

Clyde I never said that. I just said I have seen that same train of thought from the left. Just a little ribbing from me, cant speak for Lipton.

Not word for word but a similar argument is being made across liberal twitter today.

Again the theme of your post is essentially what is the big deal. When there are legitmate concerns and repeated lies from Susan Rice on matters of national security. She changes he story as more information comes forward. This is a non issue to you. But I'm guessing you support the notion the Russians hacked the election but we haven't seen a single piece of evidence to show it.

Be better than the above.

I leveled the field so we can start with facts and THEN go from there. Never once said anything was or wasn't a "big deal."

In addition, find where I implied or said directly that anything was or wasn't a "non-issue."

Lastly, show me where I have said the Russians did or did not hack the election.

I listed facts.

You list lazy assumptions.

Clyde I never said that. I just said I have seen that same train of thought from the left. Just a little ribbing from me, cant speak for Lipton.

So no one from "the right" detailed out the daily actions of NSA or how unmasking works? Isn't that telling?

No argument on possibilities.

My post was to get to a point where we can debate with facts and THEN speculate.

I feel that some don't fully understand what "unmasking" is and I know most do not know the process I detailed. I didn't. So I read multiple articles and listened to interviews with people who DO know. So when Lipton says I "copied" something I guess I did if he means I listened to a former NSA guy today describe the process and what happens in a the daily life of someone in the intel community.

We spend too much time talking in "definites" that aren't based on fact.

So unless someone can tell me where my list is incorrect why don't we use that as a starting point for what we really know and then go into speculation.

We can speculate she leaked info. We can speculate she did something outside the scope of right and wrong with the info she got in her role. What we do NOT know is she did something illegal.

I watched someone on TV breakdown the unmasking process and I learned some things too.

If nothing else, this is all very interesting information about how our Government conducts business.

Be better than the above.

I leveled the field so we can start with facts and THEN go from there. Never once said anything was or wasn't a "big deal."

In addition, find where I implied or said directly that anything was or wasn't a "non-issue."

Lastly, show me where I have said the Russians did or did not hack the election.

I listed facts.

You list lazy assumptions.

So after two defensive posts. You didn't address the article or any of the points I made.

What lazy points did I make ?

MSNBC Andrea Mitchell had the interview.