UK Plans to Euthanize Its Lab Beagles

doomer

Very sad and I've never heard of dogs being used. But I'm assuming if you had a dear one with Alzheimers you would love to see a cure for that disease. There is a cost linked to everything. This one seems harder to swallow than most since there are so many dog fans out there.

Very sad and I've never heard of dogs being used. But I'm assuming if you had a dear one with Alzheimers you would love to see a cure for that disease. There is a cost linked to everything. This one seems harder to swallow than most since there are so many dog fans out there.

Well said.

I lost my mom to Alzheimer's. I have no confidence that what goes on in animal testing laboratories is getting us any closer to cures for alzheimers or cancer. Most testing could be done in petri dishes with definitive outcomes.

I lost my mom to Alzheimer's. I have no confidence that what goes on in animal testing laboratories is getting us any closer to cures for alzheimers or cancer. Most testing could be done in petri dishes with definitive outcomes.

There are many things tested on animals that we never know about. We don't want to hear about it, we just want cures. I'm sure it all starts in a petri dish but as the potential cure gets closer to reality there needs to be a method of testing on something closer to human life. As mentioned, I knew this would be hard for dog lovers especially you Doomer. Never knew they used dogs for experiments.

Sorry for your loss, going through it a bit with my mother in law right now. I wish they could find a cure and understand there ugly costs involved.

There are many things tested on animals that we never know about. We don't want to hear about it, we just want cures. I'm sure it all starts in a petri dish but as the potential cure gets closer to reality there needs to be a method of testing on something closer to human life. As mentioned, I knew this would be hard for dog lovers especially you Doomer. Never knew they used dogs for experiments.

Sorry for your loss, going through it a bit with my mother in law right now. I wish they could find a cure and understand there ugly costs involved.

You have my sympathy and understanding. Alzheimers/dementia is brutal on the afflicted and those around them.

Well, they aren't just killing the dogs to be killing them, they have to dissect and examine the dogs to see the effect, if any, the tests/treatments/experiments had. Why they use dogs instead of mice or rats I don't know, but there is probably a reason for it. It's not a job for everyone to be sure, but as said above if it leads to breakthroughs/cures of horrible diseases/conditions, then God bless them and maybe in the future they can find other ways of testing that don't include live animals, especially monkeys and dogs.