Best Fields in KY

I can tell you I coached against the Breds there in 1971, so it is at least 46 years old (and I would bet much older than that). Coach Don Snopek really started that program rolling and one of his early best players was his future brother-in-law and now 1,000+ wins Coach Mac Whitaker.

I was told that they used to play during the school day with student body sitting on the hillside out behind the outfield fence. That would be something fun for HC to bring back for big games.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paducah Tilghman's field is a good one. The stadium itself is fantastic and holds around 1500 or so. It has an old school feel to it.The only place you'll find dirt is around home plate and the bases. The infield is all grass.

Which parts are you referring to?

Infield, stands, dugouts, concessions, unfortunate short fences, and perpetual winds on the ridge that can affect anything in the air. Got to agree though, if your perspective is predominantly 10th Region oriented then BC is not worse than most.

Infield, stands, dugouts, concessions, unfortunate short fences, and perpetual winds on the ridge that can affect anything in the air. Got to agree though, if your perspective is predominantly 10th Region oriented then BC is not worse than most.
I specifically said top notch "field". Here's the infield and dugouts

IMG_1563.JPG

IMG_1560.JPG

IMG_1561.JPG

IMG_1562.JPG

Nice pics Brooksville. Notice those flags flying full bore outward to left. Between short left porch and that perpetual wind, that day had to be a flyball pitchers nightmare. Do not like size nor storage (?) obstructions in dugouts; but, do agree infield is above high school norm.

When Coach Allison took over at Clark Co. that was one of the nicest playing surfaces in the State. Smooth infield, homeplate cutout at home to blend in with the field. Class act all the way around. been there a couple of times since and its not so much of what it used to be when he was there.

Nice pics Brooksville. Notice those flags flying full bore outward to left. Between short left porch and that perpetual wind, that day had to be a flyball pitchers nightmare. Do not like size nor storage (?) obstructions in dugouts; but, do agree infield is above high school norm.

Have you been to field recently?

Have you been to field recently?

Got to confess, had only seen Bracken's baseball field in the dormant football season. So went last night because of the pictures previously posted, thought it deserved a better evaluation if I wanted to accurately post an opinion. I concur the field itself is outstanding and have elevated it to an overall solid 8. Infield is a 10 and truly special. Outfield is right there with an 8, and is an immaculately maintained playing surface with a slight downhill grade in left and relatively short fences down the line at 295'. So between the lines this field is absolutely top-notch. Shortcomings are the dugouts (mediocre with all the storage obstructions), and the stands are just horrible. Will give concessions an "A" for their volunteer efforts and enthusiam despite very warm drinks from those refrigerators. Overall In my corrected opinion, I apologize to the PBN for my original evaluation. Oldercoach was dead wrong and learned a lesson....don't evaluate a baseball field in November.