Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Fields in KY

Featured Replies

Best playing surfaces? Concessions? Aura? Soundtracks?

 

Henry Co. will always stick out to me, as the coaches and players work tirelessly, or used to anyway, to maintain a terrific venue. I'm also a fan of Walton's old field on campus, as that was the only place I got to take the slow trip around the bases.

 

Where are some other notable ones around the bluegrass?

  • Replies 57
  • Views 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I watched a game at St. X's field 4-5 years ago. It's awfully nice.

Has anyone seen Holmes? Unbelievable since the Reds help pay for building it. Can't imagine many better.

Keep it to real grass, the way it should be. Some fields are unbelievable but I like the ones where the players and coaches actually work on the field. Moeller( Cincy ) is great but program does nothing on it.

St Henry used to be great but can't play on it when it has drop of water on it. In NKY Walton and Dixie have nice fields.

Elizabethtown has one of the best without question in my opinion.

 

Paducah Tilghman also.

 

Corbin and add Pikeville to that list as well (turfed out where it joins in with their football field).

 

Campbellsville High School has a great venue as well. Their stadium is old concrete based and good sized. Like Pikeville, their outfield is the football field.

 

In terms of stadium seating alone; I don't know that there are three out there across the state that are any bigger

Has anyone seen Holmes? Unbelievable since the Reds help pay for building it. Can't imagine many better.

 

It's real nice if you like turf baseball fields. There are those of us out here who still like real grass and dirt base paths/batter's box/pitcher's mound. That being said, this old dinosaur has never played on a turf field.

Not a big fan of Danville's stadium (seems like its hard to get a good view from the seats), but I've always thought they had a really nice field/surface.

Has anyone seen Holmes? Unbelievable since the Reds help pay for building it. Can't imagine many better.

 

From what it was, to what it is now, that place is top notch man, I cannot wait to watch a few there this year.

Bracken co

I always thought Harrison Co. used to have a nice field. But I haven`t seen it for a few years.

Campbell County

St. Henry, Dixie, Scott, Meinken and Cov Cath are all very nice. SK is a great place to catch a game as well. Especially from the left field parking lot.SK Baseball field.jpg

I haven't seen them all, but Greenup County is hard to beat. Fan base, field, concessions.

Beechwood has a very nice all turf field now..

I really like the field at SK. Plenty of room in bleachers but can sit anywhere on hill going down third base line and in left. Nice to back up truck drop tailgate and take in a game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.