Best Fields in KY

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep it to real grass, the way it should be. Some fields are unbelievable but I like the ones where the players and coaches actually work on the field. Moeller( Cincy ) is great but program does nothing on it.

St Henry used to be great but can't play on it when it has drop of water on it. In NKY Walton and Dixie have nice fields.

My first ever post on a baseball thread, I'm not a baseball person. I am a HS sports fan in general and do occasionally read the different threads in season. This one caught my eye. First the title is Best Fields in KY so not sure why Moeller (OH) is even mentioned. Second, the title does not ask Best Fields in KY Maintained by Their Own Players and Staff. Who care how takes care of the field if it is a nice facility, I'm good. My kids played soccer, never ONCE did I say to myself, wow what a nice field but I don't like it if it is not maintained by the players. Personally I appreciated my kids having more time to study, work on their game and volunteer out in the community Vs working on their HS's sports field.

I sense some animosity toward Moeller HS.

My first ever post on a baseball thread, I'm not a baseball person. I am a HS sports fan in general and do occasionally read the different threads in season. This one caught my eye. First the title is Best Fields in KY so not sure why Moeller (OH) is even mentioned. Second, the title does not ask Best Fields in KY Maintained by Their Own Players and Staff. Who care how takes care of the field if it is a nice facility, I'm good. My kids played soccer, never ONCE did I say to myself, wow what a nice field but I don't like it if it is not maintained by the players. Personally I appreciated my kids having more time to study, work on their game and volunteer out in the community Vs working on their HS's sports field.

I sense some animosity toward Moeller HS.

I care so that's why I gave my two cents. It's ok to have an opinion, correct? I love seeing kids having some ownership in the facilities they use rather than just being given everything. I came from a program where you got dirty getting field ready in both baseball and football and I appreciated that later in life.

I think it's great that kids have to work on a field, that's me though. You obviously could care less and that's you. I used Moeller because it's a super nice field but the city does everything to the field and the kids do nothing. Just struck me that the kids just show up and play and are given this beautiful facility. Nothing personal at all towards Mo though. Sorry you took it that way.

I care so that's why I gave my two cents. It's ok to have an opinion, correct? I love seeing kids having some ownership in the facilities they use rather than just being given everything. I came from a program where you got dirty getting field ready in both baseball and football and I appreciated that later in life.

I think it's great that kids have to work on a field, that's me though. You obviously could care less and that's you. I used Moeller because it's a super nice field but the city does everything to the field and the kids do nothing. Just struck me that the kids just show up and play and are given this beautiful facility. Nothing personal at all towards Mo though. Sorry you took it that way.

Do I care that my kids never had to cut to grass on their HS's athletic field, pick rocks, paint the fence...? I appreciate the schools they attended provided the facilities which allowed my kids time to be more productive doing other very worthwhile things such as volunteering at urban education centers, food banks, hospitals, nursing homes to name a few. Do I feel my kids' time were better spent volunteering to help the less fortunate instead of cutting grass, picking rocks at their HS soccer field, yes 100%.

Elizabethtown Sports Park has to be seen to be believed. Amazing complex...just amazing. The grass on their soccer fields is like nothing I've ever seen and we play routinely in 5 states.

Absolutely beautiful complex. We played there the year they opened, and we head down next month. He's a pic of one of their baseball fields. However, this place pales in comparison to Grand Park in Indiana. That place is absolutely amazing. Home - Grand Park

E-town.jpg

Lemker Field in Ludlow is a real baseball field. Dirt field. Short porch in rightfield and a beautiful view of the river. When a ball field was a ball field.

I always liked this field too, it is insane the disparity between the right field distance, and the left field distance. I know lefties salivate going there for 3/4 at bats.