Giants @ Seahawks Part II

Who wins this year's version? Last year's game was probably one of last seasons best games.

Id like to see the Giants win, but the only way they do that is if they can figure out how to do better in pass defense. I'm not worried about their run D, because they have linebackers who are made to stop the run. It's their pass D that I'm worried about.

I'd also like to see a repeat performance from Osi Umenyiora, and I'd like to see Jay Feely do NOTHING the same as he did in the last meeting.

Anyone else have thoughts on this game?

Hawks play really well at home. Shaun has a hurt foot and PorkChop is out. Deion Branch and the passing game is gonna be hard to stop.

Who's porkchop? How bad is Shaun's injury? I don't expect Shaun to dominate. The Giants run D is tough...they're pass D does worry me though.

Where's Hangman on this thread, curious how he feels his Seahawks will fare?

Have to take the home team in this one!

You know I'm around. :D Work calls in a few, though, so I must make it short and sweet.

I like the Seahawks in this one, but a few things scare me. The Giants are coming off a big win, and will no doubt be carrying some momentum. On the Seattle side, they haven't exactly dominated this season but they're getting the Ws. Few people recall that last year the Seahawks started 0-1, and didn't even really start clicking until week 5 or so, when they had a 2-2 record and didn't lose again until resting the starters against the Packers. The years they've come out strong out of the gate, they were a huge disappointment at the end of the season. With that in mind, they're lousy performances so far don't really bother me too bad, and I expect them to start clicking soon.

Porkchop is going to be out a while, which is not good... But I'm hearing that Chris Spencer (their 1st round pick last year) is doing good in practice, and they aren't expecting much of a dropoff.

Alexander is due for a big game, hopefully his injury isn't serious. He hasn't even really come close to 100 yards yet, but considering they're stacking against the leftside now, and Hutchinson is gone, I don't really know what's expected of him. Possibly he should start going right more?

I don't consider this a bias statement, but I don't think the NFL is going to find anything up in Seattle. The way the field is set up, it's easy for the crowd to distract the opposing team. Throw in the fact that they're going to try to outdo last year's performance, and I expect it to get EXTREMELY loud up there.

I expect it to be a good game, and hopefully the Seahawks pull it out in the end. Hopefully it's not another OT thriller, I don't think my heart could take it.

Seahawks win it 31-24... But any W I'll take.

That short and sweet enough? :lol:

You know I'm around. :D Work calls in a few, though, so I must make it short and sweet.

I like the Seahawks in this one, but a few things scare me. The Giants are coming off a big win, and will no doubt be carrying some momentum. On the Seattle side, they haven't exactly dominated this season but they're getting the Ws. Few people recall that last year the Seahawks started 0-1, and didn't even really start clicking until week 5 or so, when they had a 2-2 record and didn't lose again until resting the starters against the Packers. The years they've come out strong out of the gate, they were a huge disappointment at the end of the season. With that in mind, they're lousy performances so far don't really bother me too bad, and I expect them to start clicking soon.

Porkchop is going to be out a while, which is not good... But I'm hearing that Chris Spencer (their 1st round pick last year) is doing good in practice, and they aren't expecting much of a dropoff.

Alexander is due for a big game, hopefully his injury isn't serious. He hasn't even really come close to 100 yards yet, but considering they're stacking against the leftside now, and Hutchinson is gone, I don't really know what's expected of him. Possibly he should start going right more?

I don't consider this a bias statement, but I don't think the NFL is going to find anything up in Seattle. The way the field is set up, it's easy for the crowd to distract the opposing team. Throw in the fact that they're going to try to outdo last year's performance, and I expect it to get EXTREMELY loud up there.

I expect it to be a good game, and hopefully the Seahawks pull it out in the end. Hopefully it's not another OT thriller, I don't think my heart could take it.

Seahawks win it 31-24... But any W I'll take.

That short and sweet enough? :lol:

Short and sweet enough...probably wrong, but that's a different story. :D