Elizabeth Warren Banned from Rest of Sessions Debate

TheDeuce

I have no problem with the rule and it being enforced, if it is done equitably. I have doubts that it has been enforced equitably. This was a convenience enforcement for Mitch. I am not a fan of Senator Warren at all. She is running for President (not officially) but we all know she is. She will receive millions in campaign funds because of this, she should privately thank Mitch.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have no problem with the rule and it being enforced, if it is done equitably. I have doubts that it has been enforced equitably. This was a convenience enforcement for Mitch. I am not a fan of Senator Warren at all. She is running for President (not officially) but we all know she is. She will receive millions in campaign funds because of this, she should privately thank Mitch.

That's probably what they want. I'm sure the Republican party would be over the moon if Warren ended up running in 2020. Gift-wrapped re-election. :lol2:

That's probably what they want. I'm sure the Republican party would be over the moon if Warren ended up running in 2020. Gift-wrapped re-election. :lol2:

I don't want her at all. The Dems thought the same thing about DJT 6 months ago and they were wrong. Nothing is certain anymore.

“Sen. Warren was giving a lengthy speech. She had appeared to violate the rule. She was warned. She was given an explanation,” he said. “Nevertheless, she persisted.”

She was also quoting Ted Kennedy about what he said about Sessions when warned. She kept on with MLK wife speech and was stopped.

So yes she knew and kept on.

Democrats have been quoting this letter since Sessions name was first put forth, but it hasn't gotten the traction they wanted until now. McConnell's invocation of this parliamentary rule got Warren off the floor, but it's amplified what she was saying tenfold. Warren is in five of the top 10 trending topics on Twitter today.

Twitter is nothing but an echo chamber for both sides. A majority of people on both sides only follow people with the same beliefs and loose all sight of those with different opinions. It is partly to blame for the meltdown on the left they didn't realize so many disagreed with them.

Trending topics on twitter are only relevant to marketers and advertisers.

Twitter is nothing but an echo chamber for both sides. A majority of people on both sides only follow people with the same beliefs and loose all sight of those with different opinions. It is partly to blame for the meltdown on the left they didn't realize so many disagreed with them.

Trending topics on twitter are only relevant to marketers and advertisers.

Then pick another metric. Her Google search interest was up over 1000%.

My point is the only people listening to her speech yesterday were on the Senate floor and now it's plastered all over the Internet.

Then pick another metric. Her Google search interest was up over 1000%.

My point is the only people listening to her speech yesterday were on the Senate floor and now it's plastered all over the Internet.

Like I said earlier in this topic that is the debate worth having. Was it a good political move to use the rule. When it is all said and done I personally don't think it matters.

Dear lord. Can we please find a woman I like to run for President so I won't look sexist being very against Elizabeth Warren as well?

Do you think Elizabeth Warren knew about Rule 19 before last night? Just curious.

“Sen. Warren was giving a lengthy speech. She had appeared to violate the rule. She was warned. She was given an explanation,” he said. “Nevertheless, she persisted.”

She was also quoting Ted Kennedy about what he said about Sessions when warned. She kept on with MLK wife speech and was stopped.

So yes she knew and kept on.

Which doesn't answer the question I posed? It's not about whether she was defiant or not. The answer to that is yes.

I was just randomly curious if she would have even known a rule like that was on the books.

This is already being picked up as a rallying cry for some feminist groups. They're going to plaster that quote on mailers and e-mails and raise a ton of money off it.

In some respects, it'll be exactly what the DNC wanted.

Dear lord. Can we please find a woman I like to run for President so I won't look sexist being very against Elizabeth Warren as well?

It's early yet and so I don't know a ton about her, but I could easily see myself supporting Calif. Senator Kamala Harris in that respect. We'll find out if she's a good candidate as time goes by. She's not been in the Senate long at all.

It's early yet and so I don't know a ton about her, but I could easily see myself supporting Calif. Senator Kamala Harris in that respect. We'll find out if she's a good candidate as time goes by. She's not been in the Senate long at all.

I'm with you @Getslow. I learned a little about her during the Women's March, I think? Another couple of members posted about her.

I'll say it again, the Democrats in the Senate have brought this on themselves. In their arrogance in wanting to pack federal courts and approving any appointment that Former President Obama wanted to make, plus the added arrogance that they NEVER envisioned a Democrat not winning the White House again they took away their only tool to stop a cabinet appointment. Now all they have left is the current fiasco of whiney showboating.

Do you really believe that the Democrats thought the Republicans would never win another presidential election?