Mike Vick HOF'er?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say that Ron Mexico was about as electrifying and as box office of an attraction for the years he was rolling in Atlanta. His numbers were not great, but his dual threatness made him one of the more effective QBs in the league. It was not a coincidence that Atlanta had the top rushing attack in the league during Vick's tenure.

Per Profootballreference.com, which compares careers of players, Michael Vick compares statistically to:

Joe Theismann

Joe Namath

Tony Romo

Trent Green

Matt Ryan

Steve McNair

Carson Palmer

Steve Grogan

Jim Everett

Kurt Warner

Using this, he's closer than most probably think, but I'd still say no.

Michael Vick Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Per Profootballreference.com, which compares careers of players, Michael Vick compares statistically to:

Joe Theismann

Joe Namath

Tony Romo

Trent Green

Matt Ryan

Steve McNair

Carson Palmer

Steve Grogan

Jim Everett

Kurt Warner

I had looked at that too and I don't know how Football Reference can say he compares to Kurt Warner for instance...numbers wise it's not really that close.

Vick 56% passer with just over 20K yards 80.4QBR

Warner 65% passer with over 32K yards (in 20 less games) 93.7QBR

Vick has better numbers than Namath and some others, but lacks compared to most on that list.

Joe Theismann

Joe Namath

Tony Romo

Trent Green

Matt Ryan

Steve McNair

Carson Palmer

Steve Grogan

Jim Everett

Kurt Warner

There is no way he compares close to many on that list. As Jumper_Dad pointed out he isn't even in the same zip code to Kurt Warner on that list. I'd give him Theismann and Namath because the only reason they got in the HOF is because of popularity. He won a SB but was not a great QB compared to others in the same era who didn't make it in, ie Ken Anderson. But at the same time, Vick played in the era where the game was all meant for a QB's success with all the rule changes etc. Vick would have probably been closer to 40% compl% if he played in the 70's and 80's. Instead Vick was afforded to play in the most QB friendly era ever for QB's where a QB better complete 60% of his passes on a regular basis or he would be among the bottom half of the league. Moving on to some others on the list

Tony Romo's stats make Vicks look horrible. Romo who will never see the HOF or get close has a compl% of 65% and QB Rating of 97

Trent Green who won't sniff the HOF either has much better stats than Vick also. 60% and 86 Rating

Matt Ryan stats blow Vicks out of the water with a 65% compl % and a 93 QB Rating

Steve McNair 60% and 83 QB Rating

Carson Palmer 62% and 88 QB Rating

Steve Grogan.....lol, Steve Grogan!!! LOL If you want to compare yourself to Steve Grogan then HOF should never be in your vocabulary. Steve Grogan probably isn't even allowed in the state of Ohio where the HOF is at because he was that bad. OK, Mike Vick is just like Steve Grogan..lol He can have that one.

Oh and you can have Jim Everett too lol

We were talking HOF I thought.

Kurt Warner, well Vick can't even carry his jock strap.

Profootballreference.com needs a little help when they compare players because this list you provided is a joke.

There is no way he compares close to many on that list. As Jumper_Dad pointed out he isn't even in the same zip code to Kurt Warner on that list. I'd give him Theismann and Namath because the only reason they got in the HOF is because of popularity. He won a SB but was not a great QB compared to others in the same era who didn't make it in, ie Ken Anderson. But at the same time, Vick played in the era where the game was all meant for a QB's success with all the rule changes etc. Vick would have probably been closer to 40% compl% if he played in the 70's and 80's. Instead Vick was afforded to play in the most QB friendly era ever for QB's where a QB better complete 60% of his passes on a regular basis or he would be among the bottom half of the league. Moving on to some others on the list

Tony Romo's stats make Vicks look horrible. Romo who will never see the HOF or get close has a compl% of 65% and QB Rating of 97

Trent Green who won't sniff the HOF either has much better stats than Vick also. 60% and 86 Rating

Matt Ryan stats blow Vicks out of the water with a 65% compl % and a 93 QB Rating

Steve McNair 60% and 83 QB Rating

Carson Palmer 62% and 88 QB Rating

Steve Grogan.....lol, Steve Grogan!!! LOL If you want to compare yourself to Steve Grogan then HOF should never be in your vocabulary. Steve Grogan probably isn't even allowed in the state of Ohio where the HOF is at because he was that bad. OK, Mike Vick is just like Steve Grogan..lol He can have that one.

Oh and you can have Jim Everett too lol

We were talking HOF I thought.

Kurt Warner, well Vick can't even carry his jock strap.

Profootballreference.com needs a little help when they compare players because this list you provided is a joke.

Dang dude, don't shoot the messenger.