Has Kentucky started to show that the one and done isn't the way?

newarkcatholicfan

Again, show me the 6-7 people who have proven me wrong. Quite their posts and I will again show you where they haven't proven Cal is any better at coaching than any of the ones I have named and actually probably have gotten less out of the talent compared to other

coaches in the same time frame.

Start with post 2 go from there. Skip all posts that have a dislike.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everyteam has "veterans" off the bench. Show me any team that only plays freshman.

The 2010 started a junior in Patterson, sophomore Miller, then veterans off the bench. 2011 team started 3 veterans in Liggins, Miller and Harrelson. 2012 team started veteran Miller and sophomore Lamb. 2013 team started Junior Harrow, sophomore Wiltcher, senior Julius May's, and Polson played a lot.2014 was pretty much a one and done team. 2015 team started juniors Poythress, and WCS before Poythress got hurt, plus 2 sophomores in the twins. Now this season it's basically freshman starting again.

You just stated how people have no facts to argue back to your argument. Well what just listed is facts, and shows it hasn't just been freshman starting. In fact the majority of the years Calipari had starting lineups just like the Duke team that won a title but you say wasn't a one and done team. So if that Duke team doesn't count as a one and done team. Then only 2 years can you truly say Cal had one and done teams really. 2014 and this year.

My point is if you are going to claim that the 2015 Duke team doesn't count as a one and done team winning it all since they had some key veterans playing. Then basically all of Calipari time here at UK was not a one and done teams either. Can't pick and choose what fits your argument the best.

Ok good talk. As usual you've been proven wrong by about 6-7 people here. I'm not going to go over it again. Start with post 2 and go from there if you haven't figured it out yet.

Are you just making things up now? Who said he's a better coach with less talent? What are you talking about? Many of us have been cirital of his in game coaching and X and Os at times.

Then why are you always disagreeing with me just to disagree? That's what I said all along. I answered the statement that said Cal is an Extremely Succesful coach. He isn't.

He is is far from it.

He is an extremely good recruiter.

I never said anything different.

What I disagreed with, and what got your panties in a bunch was saying he wasn't an EXTREMELY Succesful coach because he hasn't been with the talent he's had.

I pointed out over and over again that many other coaches could have been just as succesful or even more successful with the talent he's had. I'm talking in game

coaching period.

The 2010 started a junior in Patterson, sophomore Miller, then veterans off the bench. 2011 team started 3 veterans in Liggins, Miller and Harrelson. 2012 team started veteran Miller and sophomore Lamb. 2013 team started Junior Harrow, sophomore Wiltcher, senior Julius May's, and Polson played a lot.2014 was pretty much a one and done team. 2015 team started juniors Poythress, and WCS before Poythress got hurt, plus 2 sophomores in the twins. Now this season it's basically freshman starting again.

You just stated how people have no facts to argue back to your argument. Well what just listed is facts, and shows it hasn't just been freshman starting. In fact the majority of the years Calipari had starting lineups just like the Duke team that won a title but you say wasn't a one and done team. So if that Duke team doesn't count as a one and done team. Then only 2 years can you truly say Cal had one and done teams really. 2014 and this year.

My point is if you are going to claim that the 2015 Duke team doesn't count as a one and done team winning it all since they had some key veterans playing. Then basically all of Calipari time here at UK was not a one and done teams either. Can't pick and choose what fits your argument the best.

I never said Duke 2015 isn't counted as one and done. Actually I specifically said they were but when someone made a

comment that they had no upperclassmen that contributed I pointed out the fact that Quinn and Plumlee were both upperclassmen and had a big impact on that team as well. Both started every game they played in that year and it was Quinn who scored a game and team high 22pts in one of the semi or quarterfinal games that got them that win to get them to the title game.

Then why are you always disagreeing with me just to disagree? That's what I said all along. I answered the statement that said Cal is an Extremely Succesful coach. He isn't.

He is is far from it.

He is an extremely good recruiter.

I never said anything different.

What I disagreed with, and what got your panties in a bunch was saying he wasn't an EXTREMELY Succesful coach because he hasn't been with the talent he's had.

I pointed out over and over again that many other coaches could have been just as succesful or even more successful with the talent he's had. I'm talking in game

coaching period.

So anything he did at UMass doesn't count?

I thought you said those games don't matter? :thumb:

On a title run they sure do. Which one matters more of the following:

A Sr scores 41 pts yet his team loses in the elite 8

or a Sr scores 41 pts and leads his team to a victory in that elite 8 game as they go in to win the National Championship?

Which is why I said everyteam has veterans off the bench. Name me one that doesn't.

Please, someone prove me wrong. Prove to me that there is a coach out there that hasn't been as succesful with more talent than UK has gotten since 2009. Problem is, there are coaches who have titles with less talent. That has been my entire point but the Cal apologist simply don't want to hear it.

I don't think anyone has argued other coaches havent won with less talent than Cal. However over the last few weeks, you have also said UK needs to recruit more players who will stay longer. They need a better in game Coach, a coach to develop players better etc. At the same time you complain about only one title.

We're pointing out that coaches who have done what you want their whole careers still only have 1 to 2 titles at most. So being a great in game Coach, developing players, recruiting talented guys that also stay. Doesn't mean more championships either. If so someone like Pitino would have more than 3 finals appearances ever, and only 2 titles.

You say the only 1 title for Cal proves that his getting younger players strategy doesn't work. Yet the strategy you seem to want also hasn't proven to be anymore successful either.

Cal is one of the first ones ever to truly focus on younger guys. That strategy has allowed him to have as much success as many of the guys who do it the way you prefer.

So if you want more titles, there hasn't been a proven way to get more titles. If there was a many great coaches like Pitino would have more than just 2 in their career.

So anything he did at UMass doesn't count?

Never said that. I also didn't say the same about his Memphis team, btw should have won if he worked more in FT's I feel.

It's not as if he won multiple championships at either of those schools. Remember we are talking about EXTREMELY SUCCESSFUL coaching.

Let me ask a simple question to you. Being serious here. Do you think fans are extremely happy if their coach gets theor team to the finals one time yet never gets to see their team win the title? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe all fans are happy with is just that. If that's the case then I guess I am

different when it comes to what I think is successful.

That's what I've been saying all along.

Everyone wants championships. Thanks to Cal, we have one in recent years. Without him, I'd have to think we are still counting back to 98.

If you're just wanting to argue that he is only Very Successful and not Extremely Successful. Fine, you win.

Everyone wants championships. Thanks to Cal, we have one in recent years. Without him, I'd have to think we are still counting back to 98.

If you're just wanting to argue that he is only Very Successful and not Extremely Successful. Fine, you win.

You are 100% correct. We do t know if we would have one if Cal didn't come here.

All I've said is that with the talent HE has brought in here and lost with I think there are a lot better in game

coaches than him around.