Track the USL 2017

Getslow

I've heard plenty of fans wish that he was still the coach and they aren't thrilled with the new guy.

It's tough to bring in a new coach that close to the start of the season. None of the new signings were his guys. He hadn't had the preseason to train in the style he wants. Bad situation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roughly a third of the way through the season and with a US Open Cup break coming midweek and with some teams having played as many as 12 games and others having played as few as 7, I thought a little points per game update would be good.

Team/Points/Games Played/Points Per Game

1) Charleston Battery 23/11/2.09

2) Louisville City 15/8/1.88

3) Tampa Bay Rowdies 21/12/1.75

4) Rochester Rhinos 12/7/1.71

5) Charlotte Independence 11/7/1.57

6) FC Cincinnati 15/11/1.36

6) Pittsburgh Riverhounds 15/11/1.36

8) Saint Louis FC 12/9/1.33

8) Ottawa Fury FC 12/9/1.33

Louisville City playing its first game at home since APRIL 29 this evening. It's about time. What a weird schedule.

But we're into the long drudge of the regular season now, and all the USA soccer you can handle with World Cup qualifying on Thursday and Sunday with Gold Cup in a month.

Let the Summer of Soccer 2017 begin.

DVR'd the Louisville City/Red Bulls II match on WDRB from this afternoon.

RBII's home field is on the campus of Montclair State University, which is a DIII college. Looking at the stands I'd genuinely be surprised if there were 1000 in attendance at the game. Pretty poor for a rematch between the teams in the 2016 Eastern Conference championship.

DVR'd the Louisville City/Red Bulls II match on WDRB from this afternoon.

RBII's home field is on the campus of Montclair State University, which is a DIII college. Looking at the stands I'd genuinely be surprised if there were 1000 in attendance at the game. Pretty poor for a rematch between the teams in the 2016 Eastern Conference championship.

Yeah, it's annoying. Some of the MLS-owned teams have dedicated themselves to winning games and generating a fan base for themselves but New York is completely uninterested. They have a massive youth academy and so a boatload of good players, but they could not care any less whether anyone shows up to watch them.

At least Louisville looked really good. The switch to a 3-4-3 has really worked so far. In the last three games, Louisville's scored 7 goals and had three shutouts. Four wins and one draw in the last five league games. I hope it can last.

• 3 weeks later...

Roughly halfway through the season now. Teams have played anywhere between 14 and 18 games of the 32-game season in the Eastern Conference. Here are the current point-per-game standings.

Team / Points / Games / Points Per Game

1) Charleston Battery 34/16/2.13

2) Louisville City 28/14/2.00

3) Charlotte Independence 25/14/1.79

4) Bethlehem Steel 23/15/1.53

5) Tampa Bay Rowdies 27/18/1.50

5) Rochester Rhinos 21/14/1.50

7) Ottawa Fury 20/15/1.33

8) NY Red Bull II 21/16/1.31

9) Orlando City B 20/16/1.25

10) FC Cincinnati 21/17/1.24

11) Pittsburgh Riverhounds 19/16/1.19

12) Saint Louis FC 16/14/1.14

Top eight make the playoffs.

Three more games this season between the teams currently 1&2 in the league, including the next one down in Charleston tomorrow.

Louisville hosts FC Cincinnati in a week.

Fun part of the schedule ahead.

FC Cincinnati needs to worry less about attendance numbers at their games and worry more about beating teams that matter.

No way. Cincinnati is playing for the most important trophy of them all.

IMG_0442.JPG

So how is Louisville looking in the "Hunt" for the following trophy?

[ATTACH]62664[/ATTACH]

Touché. :lol2:

I have my doubts as to how much MLS teams care about the Open Cup until the final few rounds, but it's impressive that someone from Div 2 is still around.

It's not a tournament set up for the lower divisions to succeed, with the schedule and format really favoring the MLS teams with their massive reserve rosters. It would be hilarious if a Div 2 squad won it.

But honestly, they're in the Open Cup quarterfinals. Quit dropping points at home to Orlando City B.

Touché. :lol2:

I have my doubts as to how much MLS teams care about the Open Cup until the final few rounds, but it's impressive that someone from Div 2 is still around.

It's not a tournament set up for the lower divisions to succeed, with the schedule and format really favoring the MLS teams with their massive reserve rosters. It would be hilarious if a Div 2 squad won it.

But honestly, they're in the Open Cup quarterfinals. Quit dropping points at home to Orlando City B.

Recent form at Home has been much better than earlier in the season.

If anything, Cup success has probably hurt them when it comes to USL competition. I doubt we would have seen last nights lineup had they not been playing 3 games per week.

CWB on June 12 your slam a team for poor attendance, then slam FCC on July 7th for having great attendance.:idunno:

As was posted earlier and I totally agree, the Lamar Hunt Open Cup has hurt FCC in playing in the USL more than it has helped them, but those game against the Crew and the Fire, just might get the club in the MSL in the next couple of years and honestly that would be great.

FCC, unlike some other USL clubs, is located in a Major League Sport town and FCC has a plan to play in the MLS like the Reds, Bengals play in the MLB and NFL. Sure the Reds haven't been the team we would all like but they have and you can rag on the Bengals all you want but they have been in the playoffs more times than a lot of NFL Clubs and that includes going to the Super Bowl twice.

Playing the number of games during the same week is tough on any club but even more so on a second tier club like FCC, hopefully FCC will beat Miami and then continue on their march to the Lamar Cup Championship. Remember as long as you're in the top eight you make the playoffs and when that time comes our Club will have played some of the best Clubs in the USA and unlike now, won't be exhausted when it comes to league play.

No slamming here...just making a little fun. No need to get into a huff.

Really, I think it's fantastic that FC Cincinnati has good attendance. Attendance is important. The games I've been to have been EXTREMELY electric and fun. But as someone who follows them on social media, I just think it would be far more interesting to see the majority of their tweets and posts being dedicated to stats on how they're leading the league rather than how many tickets they've sold to each match.