Track the USL 2017

Getslow

Louisville dominates possession and chances but ends in a 0-0 draw with St. Louis.

FC Cincinnati also has the better possession but drops their opener on the road at Charleston.

Bit of an underwhelming start for the local pro teams.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy Moss has signed with the Charlotte Independence...

Yeah I saw that on Twitter earlier. Didn't think it was going to get any weirder this year in USL than the "Didier Drogba to Phoenix Rising FC" stuff, but here we are.

• 2 weeks later...
The Rowdies are off and running in their first 3 USL matches, picking up 9 points right off the bat.

They are in Louisville next Saturday, Cincinnati on the 19th.

Should be a great one. I'll be there withe bells on.

Watched part of the Rowdies' game from yesterday earlier this morning. They play quick, up-and-down, and energetically. Should be a fantastic game.

FCC home opener on Saturday. Very, very excited.

With Preki as their new coach and an almost complete roster turnover from last year, Saint Louis looks like the completely changed squad the are. Held Louisville to 0-0 in the opener and have won two since. Should be a good one. Going to try and watch a replay Sunday morning.

I'll be there the next weekend as Louisville's headed up the river to play at Nippert on the 22nd.

With Preki as their new coach and an almost complete roster turnover from last year, Saint Louis looks like the completely changed squad the are. Held Louisville to 0-0 in the opener and have won two since. Should be a good one. Going to try and watch a replay Sunday morning.

I'll be there the next weekend as Louisville's headed up the river to play at Nippert on the 22nd.

I will be on a golf outing. I would have liked to see this

• 2 weeks later...

Marcel Schafer's goal from 40 yards out in the 7th minute vs FC Cincinnati was an absolute rocket. The look on Hildebrandt's face after the goal was hilarious.

That was the Schafer's 1st USL goal as well as his first for the Rowdies. Thank you Wolfsburg. :D

I watched this one last night. That goal was just silly.

No Joe Cole and no Sergei Hristov for Tampa last night. I guess they're just taking a break during a midweek game? Same for Quinn for FCC?

Hated to see that Dacres will be sitting out the Louisville game this weekend. But it was a pretty fair red on a studs-up kick.

That's a tough road swing for Tampa going back to back in Louisville and Cincinnati. I'm sure they'll be happy to see the back of it.

Lou City vs. Cincinnati. Game 1. Dirty River Derby.

I'm in Cincinnati all weekend and the weather might be looking a little better than the forecasts were predicting a couple days ago. Really hoping that's the case anyway.

Hitting up Rheingeist in OTR and then a place I've never been before called the Brass Tap over by UC ahead of the game today. Should be a great day.

The other two games are in Louisville later this summer.

For the City. Let's do this.