Track the USL 2017

Getslow

Citaaaaaaay!! Louisville wins 4-0 over Bethlehem to advance to the East semis.

Tarek Morad (2), Luke Spencer, and Bryan Ownby all register goals.

On the other side, the No. 1 seed is OUT. Real Monarchs SLC loston penalties to Sacramento Republic FC following a 1-1 draw.

Tonight's games should be really great, especially Cincinnati's visit to Tampa Bay, which to my mind, is the game of the weekend.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBR 3 FCC 0

I did not see the game, but I'll watch replay when I get home. Best part about the USL.

Yes sir. Watching the Rochester-Charlotte game from last night right now. Will skim through the TBRvCIN match later. The YouTube archive is a treasure.

Resuts from yesterday:

(4) Rochester 2:1 (5) Charlotte (AET)

(2) Charleston 0:4 (7) NY Red Bull 2

(3) Tampa Bay 3:0 (6) FC Cincinnati

(2) San Antonio FC 2:1 (7) Tulsa Roughnecks

(3)Reno 1868 FC 0:1 (6) Oklahoma City Energy

(4) Swope Park Rangers 1:1 (5) Phoenix (postponed due to big lightning storm in Kansas City, will play second half today at 4 pm EDT)

Finally got around to watching some of the TBR/CIN match from the weekend. Have to say that this one is squarely on Koch. I get that he wants both Fall and Koenig on the field. They're two talented strikers.

But that 4-4-2 with the wings pressed up was just a little silly. Basically surrendered the entire middle third of the field to Tampa Bay, the most talented and experienced midfield in the entire league. Cincinnati was too talented to be undone by a silly tactical decision like that. Hindsight is 20/20, but Fall up top with more bodies in the middle of the field would have given FCC a much better chance of winning that one.

Saturday's Conference Semifinals:

East

(1) Louisville City FC vs (4) Rochester Rhinos, 7:30 pm

(3) Tampa Bay Rowdies vs. (7) NY Red Bull II, 7:30 pm

West

(4) Swope Park Rangers vs. (8) Sacramento Republic FC, 8:30 pm

(2) San Antonio FC vs. (6) Oklahoma City Energy FC, 8:30 pm

Finally got around to watching some of the TBR/CIN match from the weekend. Have to say that this one is squarely on Koch. I get that he wants both Fall and Koenig on the field. They're two talented strikers.

But that 4-4-2 with the wings pressed up was just a little silly. Basically surrendered the entire middle third of the field to Tampa Bay, the most talented and experienced midfield in the entire league. Cincinnati was too talented to be undone by a silly tactical decision like that. Hindsight is 20/20, but Fall up top with more bodies in the middle of the field would have given FCC a much better chance of winning that one.

Koch was terrible all season. Always too cute with his rotation and additions to the roster through the course of the season. De Wit was AWFUL, yet played as much as Berry and Dalbridge b/c he wanted 3 at the back for 1/2 of the season. Their best team was a 4-3-3.

Koch was terrible all season. Always too cute with his rotation and additions to the roster through the course of the season. De Wit was AWFUL, yet played as much as Berry and Dalbridge b/c he wanted 3 at the back for 1/2 of the season. Their best team was a 4-3-3.

Yeah. May still have lost, but it's hard not to think that a third body hanging around the midfield wouldn't have helped them out.

I did see they've already re-signed Konig and several others for next season, so that's a good step right after the year ends, especially in a league with as much constant year-to-year turnover as the USL.

Swope Park Rangers 1:0 Sacramento Republic

San Antonio FC 1:1 Oklahoma City Energy FC (OKC advances 4-2 on penalties).

East Final

Louisville City FC vs. NY Red Bull II; Saturday 11/4, 7:30 pm, Slugger Field

West Final

Swope Park Rangers vs. Oklahoma City Energy FC; Saturday 11/4, 8:30 pm, Children's Mercy Park

The seeds remaining: 1, 7, 4, 6.

Watched the TBR/NY match yesterday. Pickens, ugh, but I'm no expert.

If someone gets a chance to look at the start of the 57th minute, could you explain why Pickens played the player and not the ball there? He had angle. I don't understand his thinking there.