Charges dropped against mom, daughter after viral arrest body cam released

halfback20

A lot of times, I'm hesitant to decide or tend to side with police in incidents. Figured I'd share this one because it's an example of an officer who appears to be completely wrong.

He handled this horribly. He definitely escalated the situation and he was a disrespectful jerk to the mother for no reason. He had zero reason to arrest her imo. I hope, since he apparently isn't being fired, that he was having a bad day and is otherwise a good police officer. If he's like this consistently, he should have been fired a long time ago.

I stopped watching when he started to arrest her.

Charges dropped against mom, daughter after viral arrest body cam released | KDFW

If there anything that will make a mother get upset its defending their child from a physical threat - real or perceived. She is already emotional and then the officer throws the proverbial gas onto the fire asking her why she did not teach her son better about littering.

The older daughter sees what is happening and tries to ensure mom does go off the deep end by placing herself between the mom and officer - with her back to the officer since she is basically addressing her mother to try to de-escalate the situation or at least keep it from getting worse. That is when the officer loses it.

This could be a heck of a training video in and of itself on how not to handle a situation.

If there anything that will make a mother get upset its defending their child from a physical threat - real or perceived. She is already emotional and then the officer throws the proverbial gas onto the fire asking her why she did not teach her son better about littering.

The older daughter sees what is happening and tries to ensure mom does go off the deep end by placing herself between the mom and officer - with her back to the officer since she is basically addressing her mother to try to de-escalate the situation or at least keep it from getting worse. That is when the officer loses it.

This could be a heck of a training video in and of itself on how not to handle a situation.

Agreed.

The cop baited her and she bit! I guess he got what he wanted. Got her ticked off, arrested her and got a 10 day vacation. The daughter should have been the hero as she tried to defuse the situation.

Glad they did charge the painter, he seemed to start the whole mess by grabbing the kid.

I get what the one daughter was trying to do, but as close as she got to the officer probably wasnt the best move. Officer was wrong in about 90% of this, but the daughter getting close to the officer like that to get between the officer and her mother wasnt a good move.

I get what the one daughter was trying to do, but as close as she got to the officer probably wasnt the best move. Officer was wrong in about 90% of this, but the daughter getting close to the officer like that to get between the officer and her mother wasnt a good move.
You're only off by 10% on the low side.

The daughter was just trying to eliminate the threat... That's a problem now?

The daughter was just trying to eliminate the threat... That's a problem now?

Only because she got up in the officers grill to do so. Like I said I get what she was doing, but her getting up close to the officer was not a good idea on her part. Could have been perceived as a threat by the officer.