Boone County and Family of Samantha Ramsey Settle

Clyde

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guess this is what you wanted me to read?

Another issue addressed by the settlement is the use of prescription medication by officers on duty, according to Gerhardstein. He said there was a question of whether Brockman was on a therapeutic level of medication at the time of the incident, which, "could have impacted his judgment."

"Could Have" is a LONG WAY from was Impaired. Maybe you didn't read the next line in the story you linked.

Even though there was no final conclusion reached on that question, Gerhardstein said he hopes there is more clear guidance from the department about those medications.

Even the attorney for the family admits that it was never determined that he was impaired in any way. As for your "Out of Control" comment that doesn't seem to be backed up by your "Read" link either.

I'm guess this is what you wanted me to read?

Another issue addressed by the settlement is the use of prescription medication by officers on duty, according to Gerhardstein. He said there was a question of whether Brockman was on a therapeutic level of medication at the time of the incident, which, "could have impacted his judgment."

"Could Have" is a LONG WAY from was Impaired. Maybe you didn't read the next line in the story you linked.

Even though there was no final conclusion reached on that question, Gerhardstein said he hopes there is more clear guidance from the department about those medications.

Even the attorney for the family admits that it was never determined that he was impaired in any way. As for your "Out of Control" comment that doesn't seem to be backed up by your "Read" link either.

Originally, I thought they were talking about the girl being impaired and out of control, which she was. Then realized they were talking about the cop. I assume the wrong article was linked because I read nothing about officer out of control and no findings about being impaired.

Originally, I thought they were talking about the girl being impaired and out of control, which she was. Then realized they were talking about the cop. I assume the wrong article was linked because I read nothing about officer out of control and no findings about being impaired.

I don't expect there is an article that says he was found to be "Impaired" or "Out of Control"

So she attempts to murder a cop and her family gets 800K?

Where and when did she try to" murder a cop"? She tried to drive off, and he jumped on the hood of her car. The video is clear to that. Was she wrong to drive off? Yes. Was she trying to murder a cop? Absolutely not!

I disagree that he was "Out of Control"

Well in a sense I might have to agree with you. He had enough control to jump on hood, pull his gun and fire into the driver area of the car and didn't hit anyone else in the car, or have shots going out aimlessly. That part he had control over.