Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity/St.Xavier Predictions

Trinity/St.Xavier Predictions 70 members have voted

  1. 1. Trinity/St.Xavier Predictions

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I think everyone understands the inference. At least everyone in Green and Gold.

 

Congrats on all of your successes, Trinity.

 

No some of us don't. Please elaborate.

Do you mean that some high school kids aren't deserving of a private school education? Who gets to decide that?

  • Replies 136
  • Views 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of us do remember when Trinity was a Catholic school on Shelbyville Rd.

 

So only Catholic kids are deserving of the advantages a private school education can provide? That certainly seems a bit elitist.

No some of us don't. Please elaborate.

Do you mean that some high school kids aren't deserving of a private school education? Who gets to decide that?

 

Now we're talking; took longer than I thought to get the good stuff going.

Is Roshkowski hurt again?

I think people are worn out talking about this "Rivalry". On field and court schools are going in different directions. Before you jump down my throat, NEITHER is wrong. I do think it has changed the rivalry. X not being as competitive doesn't help.

 

All that said, Go Tigers!

You never answered about what you were talking about. Trinity is a Catholic, college preparatory school forming men of faith and men of character. If X is headed in a different direction from that, so be it.

Some of us do remember when Trinity was a Catholic school on Shelbyville Rd.

 

Well those of us who paid attention would know that Catholic means Universal. Let's face it, any institution who claims to be Catholic and yet is elitist, aloof, and extremely selective is anything but Catholic. Logic dictates no other outcome conceptually.

Now we're talking; took longer than I thought to get the good stuff going.

 

Well the Xaverian elitism took longer to show up than usual, so there's that. :lol2:

Yep. Just a coincidence that the non-catholic school kids who are seeking a catholic education are really good at football.

 

Congrats again for your noble efforts.

Yep. Just a coincidence that the non-catholic school kids who are seeking a catholic education are really good at football.

 

Congrats again for your noble efforts.

 

Is it because you feel that they should be carrying trays at the country club as opposed to being allowed in? Hmmm.. sounds unnecessarily elitist to me.

 

I had many a good friend who were not Catholic at Trinity who never once played a single sport. I fail to see how their religious leanings are relevant. The school isn't teaching other faiths before Catholicism so I can't fathom why you would have an issue with non-Catholics. You do realize that Bloody Monday was 161 years ago right? We can let that go and move on. No need to segregate ourselves from the rest of the population.

 

It is truly unfortunate that you don't feel that all young men deserve a chance at a top notch education in a Catholic school.

Ha. OK. What nonsense...

 

It's a helluva football program. We'll just try to keep it close tonight if possible.

Man of logic, a question for you? Did this altruistic mission at Trinity change when Beatty was hired or is that just a coincidence?

I've seen some good ones. This may be the best.

Ha. OK.

 

I would have expected a far more detailed retort from a school as prestigious as St. Xavier. After all with such enrollment standards as they have, keeping out the huddled masses and all, I would have expected the likes of Clarence Darrow instead of the unnecessarily succinct "Ha. Ok." Then again though what do I know since I attended a school that had clearly debased itself by letting in "undesirables."

 

Because if there is one thing Catholicism and our current Pontiff teaches is that elitism is clearly the way to go and only those who are of the right faith are really worthy.

Honest questions? What is the percentage of non-catholics in the Trinity student body? What is the percentage of non-catholics on the football team?

Ha. OK. What nonsense...

 

It's a helluva football program. We'll just try to keep it close tonight if possible.

 

My goodness, if you feel that the mission to have as many young men get the benefits of a faith based Catholic education is ridiculous then I truly worry for my Catholic brethren. :depressed:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.