Trinity/St.Xavier Predictions

LVGambla32

Trinity/St.Xavier Predictions  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Trinity/St.Xavier Predictions

I think everyone understands the inference. At least everyone in Green and Gold.

Congrats on all of your successes, Trinity.

No some of us don't. Please elaborate.

Do you mean that some high school kids aren't deserving of a private school education? Who gets to decide that?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people are worn out talking about this "Rivalry". On field and court schools are going in different directions. Before you jump down my throat, NEITHER is wrong. I do think it has changed the rivalry. X not being as competitive doesn't help.

All that said, Go Tigers!

You never answered about what you were talking about. Trinity is a Catholic, college preparatory school forming men of faith and men of character. If X is headed in a different direction from that, so be it.

Some of us do remember when Trinity was a Catholic school on Shelbyville Rd.

Well those of us who paid attention would know that Catholic means Universal. Let's face it, any institution who claims to be Catholic and yet is elitist, aloof, and extremely selective is anything but Catholic. Logic dictates no other outcome conceptually.

Yep. Just a coincidence that the non-catholic school kids who are seeking a catholic education are really good at football.

Congrats again for your noble efforts.

Is it because you feel that they should be carrying trays at the country club as opposed to being allowed in? Hmmm.. sounds unnecessarily elitist to me.

I had many a good friend who were not Catholic at Trinity who never once played a single sport. I fail to see how their religious leanings are relevant. The school isn't teaching other faiths before Catholicism so I can't fathom why you would have an issue with non-Catholics. You do realize that Bloody Monday was 161 years ago right? We can let that go and move on. No need to segregate ourselves from the rest of the population.

It is truly unfortunate that you don't feel that all young men deserve a chance at a top notch education in a Catholic school.

Ha. OK.

I would have expected a far more detailed retort from a school as prestigious as St. Xavier. After all with such enrollment standards as they have, keeping out the huddled masses and all, I would have expected the likes of Clarence Darrow instead of the unnecessarily succinct "Ha. Ok." Then again though what do I know since I attended a school that had clearly debased itself by letting in "undesirables."

Because if there is one thing Catholicism and our current Pontiff teaches is that elitism is clearly the way to go and only those who are of the right faith are really worthy.

Ha. OK. What nonsense...

It's a helluva football program. We'll just try to keep it close tonight if possible.

My goodness, if you feel that the mission to have as many young men get the benefits of a faith based Catholic education is ridiculous then I truly worry for my Catholic brethren. :depressed: