Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity/St.Xavier Predictions

Trinity/St.Xavier Predictions 70 members have voted

  1. 1. Trinity/St.Xavier Predictions

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

looking at comparative schedules, ST X has wins against:

Lex Cath 1-5 (3a)

Central 1-4 (3a)

Highlands 1-5 (5a)

PRP 4-2(6a)

 

Trinity beat:

Brentwood-TN 4-1

Ensworth-TN 4-2

Lafayette 5-1 (6a)

Male 5-1 (6a)

J-town 1-5 (6a)

PRP 4-2 (6a)

 

Trinity has played a much harder schedule, their first four opponents are 18-1 if you remove the Trinity losses. Trinity also had two weeks to prepare with the j-town game being basically a week off.

 

St X hangs on until halftime. Trinity rolls 45-17

 

I'll give you the TN teams, but you forgot to add the top team in KY, BG, to X's schedule, which makes it more comparable to T's. If you look at all 10 games, both teams schedules are very good and competitive.

  • Replies 136
  • Views 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give you the TN teams, but you forgot to add the top team in KY, BG, to X's schedule, which makes it more comparable to T's. If you look at all 10 games, both teams schedules are very good and competitive.

 

I understand that X played BG,... but I was basing it on wins as you see in the original posting

Isn't it neat how the Xers have now anointed BG the best team in the state. If they are basing it on their frustrations with them then that puts them about 4th behind BG, Trinity and Male.

 

That said I saw both the JV and Frosh games this week. There's no question that the X guys (90% CSAA products according to Coach Wofford, wonder what the significance of that is?) are tired of losing to Trinity. Emotions will be huge for them in this one. I'm not sure the Trinity guys are as pumped up as they are, the JV and frosh certainly weren't. I said it before, this game worries me but in the long run it's meaningless. A loss may even be beneficial to Trinity, prove that they aren't invincible. Better a loss now then in November. Sad thing is the way the districts are paired this year this will likely be the only time these 2 teams face-off.

 

All that said GO ROCKS!!!!!

(90% CSAA products according to Coach Wofford, wonder what the significance of that is?)

 

I have known Will for years and like Will, but he just isn't the caliber of coach of Beatty. If he is blaming his failures of his team over his tenure on the background of his players, that is pretty sad.

I believe it it Ridder did not play the first 2 games and the only loss was to the best team in KY this team is getting better each week and is ready!

 

I saw that Ridder was suspended for two games. What was that about?

I think everyone understands the inference. At least everyone in Green and Gold.

 

Congrats on all of your successes, Trinity.

Isn't it neat how the Xers have now anointed BG the best team in the state. If they are basing it on their frustrations with them then that puts them about 4th behind BG, Trinity and Male.

 

That said I saw both the JV and Frosh games this week. There's no question that the X guys (90% CSAA products according to Coach Wofford, wonder what the significance of that is?) are tired of losing to Trinity. Emotions will be huge for them in this one. I'm not sure the Trinity guys are as pumped up as they are, the JV and frosh certainly weren't. I said it before, this game worries me but in the long run it's meaningless. A loss may even be beneficial to Trinity, prove that they aren't invincible. Better a loss now then in November. Sad thing is the way the districts are paired this year this will likely be the only time these 2 teams face-off.

 

All that said GO ROCKS!!!!!

 

If by "anointed" you mean the rankings have ranked BG the best, then yes I guess X fans have "anointed" them.

Some of us do remember when Trinity was a Catholic school on Shelbyville Rd.

Violation of a school rule, nothing more, nothing less. :popcorn:

I understand that X played BG,... but I was basing it on wins as you see in the original posting

 

Good call.

I saw that Ridder was suspended for two games. What was that about?
Violation of a school rule, nothing more, nothing less. :popcorn:

3rd down will be key. If X/Ridder can keep drives alive on 3rd X will be in good shape. I'm more concerned about X's defense. Can't let T big play them and can't sit back with 8 defenders in pass coverage on passing downs and give the T QB all day. Have to find ways to generate pressure with 4 and at times bring 5 to add some stress to the T OL and backfield.

 

Rushing statistics have been key in this game, but 3rd down % will be huge factor in deciding the game as well.

If by "anointed" you mean the rankings have ranked BG the best, then yes I guess X fans have "anointed" them.

 

Chuckle, you mean the LIT ratings that don't include Trinity's wins against powerful TN teams?

 

Because the calpreps ratings, BGP rating, and AP poll all put Trinity as number one in state. Three vs one and two of those are more highly regarded. So, it would be far more of an opinion of St. X fans, than anything based in fact.

Chuckle, you mean the LIT ratings that don't include Trinity's wins against powerful TN teams?

 

Because the calpreps ratings, BGP rating, and AP poll all put Trinity as number one in state. Three vs one and two of those are more highly regarded. So, it would be far more of an opinion of St. X fans, than anything based in fact.

 

There is evidence to support my claim.

There is evidence to support my claim.

 

Not all evidence is created equal. The LIT ignores 1/3 of Trinity's games.

 

You have to consider all evidence rather than solely following something because it fits what you want to be true. That's flat out selection bias

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.