LVGambla32

Trinity/St.Xavier Predictions  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Trinity/St.Xavier Predictions

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming back to beat Male by 3 at home means to me that the Rocks are not indestructible. I'm going on record and voting for X in this matchup. If Ridder has time, there's no reason to believe the Tigers can't go over the top.

The bottom line is always can you stop Trinity's run game. Hasn't been done yet but...

T - 24

X - 28

This outcome gives everyone at the top something to look forward to come November.

Coming back to beat Male by 3 at home means to me that the Rocks are not indestructible. I'm going on record and voting for X in this matchup. If Ridder has time, there's no reason to believe the Tigers can't go over the top.

The bottom line is always can you stop Trinity's run game. Hasn't been done yet but...

T - 24

X - 28

This outcome gives everyone at the top something to look forward to come November.

Male made that game close, because they connected on the long ball, something X hasn't shown they have in their offensive arsonal especially sinse Roshkowski may be out.

We can compare like opponents which there is only one.

PRP: score- T 29-10

X 27-17

yards- T 532

PRP 255

PRP 493

X could have easily lost to PRP, if you go by the huge discrepancy between the yards total. PRP screwed up several scoring opportunities to change that outcome.

T, on the other hand, never really was in jeapordy in their game once the took the lead. You can base that in the huge difference in the yards totals.

As far as stopping T's running game, Blackburn can throw the ball, he is a pretty good passer. If you want to compare, Bryant Robinson for PRP lit X up for 348 passing yards, I believe Blackburn is a little bit better QB than Robinson.

Tigers will need to have a compeitive passing attack in order to win. Not sure of the status of B ROSH, but if #10 is out we have already seen what a weapon he adds to the offense. You can expect Ridder will do Ridder things athletically picking up yards on broken plays and Sam Taylor will run his butt off, but defense can't keep giving up the huge plays.

If I was a betting man, I would take the Rocks +10.5 (24-13)

Do you think X football has a tough time getting over the mental hurdle this game brings? For school that are very similar, do you think when T has taken a lead it knocks the wind out of the Tigers sail because T has been so dominate the last decade, give or take?

I see what you did there. :lol2: