Trinity/St.Xavier Predictions

LVGambla32

Trinity/St.Xavier Predictions  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Trinity/St.Xavier Predictions

Please allow me to digress for a moment and make a comment about the actual game. Each team will have their hands full in defending the other team's QB, Ridder and Blackburn. Blackburn does not get the acclaim that Ridder does (and I'm sure he deserves every bit of it) but he is a dual threat, too.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please allow me to digress for a moment and make a comment about the actual game. Each team will have their hands full in defending the other team's QB, Ridder and Blackburn. Blackburn does not get the acclaim that Ridder does (and I'm sure he deserves every bit of it) but he is a dual threat, too.

Wait, a game? You're a mad man, a maaaad man! :lol2:

And the 15% all just happened to be exceptional athletes.

;)

From a non-catholic non Louisville resident-SO WHAT!?!? The attitude at X is by definition elitist. Spread the word, educate the heathen, educate the poor when you can, educate the disadvantaged when you can.

Either report Trinity to Julian for whatever illegal activity you think is happening or get used to everyone outside of X to call you elitist and look at the leadership of Trinity as being more compassionate human beings.

Call Central, Oldham, New Albany, and others to inquire about the direction Trinity has taken. Both schools are Catholic College Prep, Trinity is also heading towards Athletic Prep School status. Does that answer it for you?

Do I sense jealousy... Is it a sin to be a great school and excel in athletics?

Nobody takes issue with Trinity OR St. X educating non-Catholic kids. That's preposterous, and it's intellectually dishonest to stand here and act as if that's actually what we're addressing. It's that Trinity has focused on bringing specific non-Catholic kids in to win high school football games. That's all.

From a non-catholic non Louisville resident-SO WHAT!?!? The attitude at X is by definition elitist. Spread the word, educate the heathen, educate the poor when you can, educate the disadvantaged when you can.

Either report Trinity to Julian for whatever illegal activity you think is happening or get used to everyone outside of X to call you elitist and look at the leadership of Trinity as being more compassionate human beings.

Easy big fella, I can handle a T fan getting on here a calling X "elitist" and X being for only the rich and smart, but someone from the outside saying it is a bit of stretch.

X does not have a student parking lot full of BMWs, it is a blue collar student body, faculty, staff, administrators who bust their tails to make sure everyone who walks through the doors has the opportunity at a great education and be a part of just as excellent extra-curricular activities. The young me at X are not all born with the golden spoon, and sacrifices have been made by families to allow their son to experience one of the best schools in the state, region, and country. While each school has different standards to accommodate their students, X is no way a place just for the rich and powerful.

Easy big fella, I can handle a T fan getting on here a calling X "elitist" and X being for only the rich and smart, but someone from the outside saying it is a bit of stretch.

X does not have a student parking lot full of BMWs, it is a blue collar student body, faculty, staff, administrators who bust their tails to make sure everyone who walks through the doors has the opportunity at a great education and be a part of just as excellent extra-curricular activities. The young me at X are not all born with the golden spoon, and sacrifices have been made by families to allow their son to experience one of the best schools in the state, region, and country. While each school has different standards to accommodate their students, X is no way a place just for the rich and powerful.

Here we go. All i need to know is the comments made from a handful of the X faithful and I can look at the roster with my own eyes. How about this, educate me. Which of the 2 schools have a program for kids with learning disabilities? Which of the schools have more non Catholics? Which of the schools have more minorities?

Ridder will get a few plays with his legs, but will have to be able to stretch the ball down field with his arm to T's defense honest. Also, work in a few screens to to keep T's DL from teeing off of the running game and predictable passing situations.

Here we go. All i need to know is the comments made from a handful of the X faithful and I can look at the roster with my own eyes. How about this, educate me. Which of the 2 schools have a program for kids with learning disabilities? Which of the schools have more non Catholics? Which of the schools have more minorities?

Actually, X offers an Honors, Academic, and Traditional program. All of which have varies levels built into them to accommodate various learning abilities of the student population. So to answer your question yes X's offers an educational setting for all learning abilities. Since it's a private school I can't comment on the percentage of minorities at the school, but I'm sure if you were interested you could schedule an appointment and find out for yourself.

Actually, X offers an Honors, Academic, and Traditional program. All of which have varies levels built into them to accommodate various learning abilities of the student population. So to answer your question yes X's offers an educational setting for all learning abilities. Since it's a private school I can't comment on the percentage of minorities at the school, but I'm sure if you were interested you could schedule an appointment and find out for yourself.

So, no they dont have special ed for learning disabilities like Trinity.

So, no they dont have special ed for learning disabilities like Trinity.

You are correct, they offer the Excel Program.

From the St. X website:

"Excel Program

Emphasizing core subject areas such as reading, mathematics, and basic writing, the Excel Program is an academic regimen designed for the student who exhibits a need for individualized instruction or skill building in the core subjects. This program provides guidance through the Learning Differences Coordinator, allowing each student to achieve his maximum potential with the assistance of individual attention. The Excel Program is a unique and wholesome learning environment dedicated to the success of each student. Smaller class sizes, remediation, and personal instruction allow the program's students to achieve their academic goals."

But again, it's a distinction without a difference.

You are correct, the offer the Excel Program.

From the St. X website:

"Excel Program

Emphasizing core subject areas such as reading, mathematics, and basic writing, the Excel Program is an academic regimen designed for the student who exhibits a need for individualized instruction or skill building in the core subjects. This program provides guidance through the Learning Differences Coordinator, allowing each student to achieve his maximum potential with the assistance of individual attention. The Excel Program is a unique and wholesome learning environment dedicated to the success of each student. Smaller class sizes, remediation, and personal instruction allow the program's students to achieve their academic goals."

But again, it's a distinction without a difference.

There's more to a learning disability than add. As a matter of fact I don't think the government even calls that an SLD. specific learning disability. Ever heard of dyslexia etc..?