What NKY Team Wins The Next State Title?

WhoozYoDaddy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smallest 32?...How exactly does it work for football? Cantrall rankings this week has 27 in 1A, 35 in 2A, 41 in 3A, 40 in 4A, 38 in 5A, and 32 in 6A. That is 213 schools with football and my old math divides that by 6 to give me 35 1/2 teams per class. Are this many schools opting to play up out of their class?

Cantrall only has 27 teams in Class 1A because five teams haven't played enough games against in-state opponents to have a rating. Same for numbers in the other classes, especially 2A.

Scott has a good chance as long as they stay at 4a. Loads of talent that just needs to be polished and a softer side of the bracket. Just have to get through 2016.

Id say the same for Ryle, SK, and Cooper. One of they will get through to a title game in the next 3 years. You have to get there to have a shot at winning one.

I just want to be sure I have this straight. So saying that Beechwood will win the next state title amongst NKY teams is "crazy" but saying that Scott - who can count their total number of winning seasons on one hand - will be the next NKY team to win a state title is not crazy?

Scott has a good chance as long as they stay at 4a. Loads of talent that just needs to be polished and a softer side of the bracket. Just have to get through 2016.

Id say the same for Ryle, SK, and Cooper. One of they will get through to a title game in the next 3 years. You have to get there to have a shot at winning one.

I realize there is a little to be said for the side of the bracket that any given team is on, but they've still got to beat the best team on the other side of the bracket if they want a title...which is the task that the OP is asking about. I just can't see Scott beating the likes of Johnson Central, South Warren, or Franklin-Simpson any time soon. Frankly, I think even by last year's standards Scott would have to have an unusually good game in order to beat the Shelby Counties, the Wayne Counties and the Collins-es out there in 4A.

As for Ryle, Simon Kenton and Cooper, I'll just point out that there has never been a Northern Kentucky school to win a state title in the large school division. Never. There's a first time for everything, but I don't see one of these three breaking that barrier before one of the other NKY teams wins a title.

I realize there is a little to be said for the side of the bracket that any given team is on, but they've still got to beat the best team on the other side of the bracket if they want a title...which is the task that the OP is asking about. I just can't see Scott beating the likes of Johnson Central, South Warren, or Franklin-Simpson any time soon. Frankly, I think even by last year's standards Scott would have to have an unusually good game in order to beat the Shelby Counties, the Wayne Counties and the Collins-es out there in 4A.

As for Ryle, Simon Kenton and Cooper, I'll just point out that there has never been a Northern Kentucky school to win a state title in the large school division. Never. There's a first time for everything, but I don't see one of these three breaking that barrier before one of the other NKY teams wins a title.

You cant win the title game if you dont get to the title game, but you understand that. Correct me if I am wrong but wasnt Scott one play away from beating Johnson Central last year? Like I said not this years team or maybe even next years but the talent is there. Heck luck plays into alot of this come playoff time, but in one game anybody can beat anybody, specifically in the stress of a state title game.

You cant win the title game if you dont get to the title game, but you understand that. Correct me if I am wrong but wasnt Scott one play away from beating Johnson Central last year? Like I said not this years team or maybe even next years but the talent is there. Heck luck plays into alot of this come playoff time, but in one game anybody can beat anybody, specifically in the stress of a state title game.

Now that is the truth!! Any given friday!

Based on your parameters you would have to include New Cath, HHS, Beechwood, Cov Cath and maybe Holy Cross as they all would have a good chance of getting to the SC game in the next 3 years.

Based on your parameters you would have to include New Cath, HHS, Beechwood, Cov Cath and maybe Holy Cross as they all would have a good chance of getting to the SC game in the next 3 years.

With the new region rotation plan in 5A it will be more difficult for Highlands and Cov Cath. Plus I dont think those teams have any chance against the Pulaski's and Bowling Green's teams coming up.

After this year what does NCC have for talent to compete in 2A? 2A is probably the toughest of the 6 classes.

Everyone has caught up to Beechwood and they just dont have the talent they used to.

Have to look at the whole picture with this stuff, not just traditional whats happened in the past.

With the new region rotation plan in 5A it will be more difficult for Highlands and Cov Cath. Plus I dont think those teams have any chance against the Pulaski's and Bowling Green's teams coming up.

After this year what does NCC have for talent to compete in 2A? 2A is probably the toughest of the 6 classes.

Everyone has caught up to Beechwood and they just dont have the talent they used to.

Have to look at the whole picture with this stuff, not just traditional whats happened in the past.

Those teams all have a much better chance at making the SC game than Scott and Highlands teams coming up will be able to compete with anyone in the class although there's no doubt BG is going to be loaded.

When what's happened in the past covers decades, not just years, of success, it continues to be a very good indicator of what will happen in the future. These programs aren't all just going to drop off the radar, ain't gonna happen.