What NKY Team Wins The Next State Title?

WhoozYoDaddy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beechwood may not win this year, but they will soon. They have a great young group of guys.

Beechwood was one of, if not the largest 1A school last time they classified all schools. They have, and will, continued to grow. They should move up to 2A regardless if they are even classified as such. Playing Ludlow, Bellevue and Dayton is a waste of their time....usually. The real competition for small schools up here would be Holy Cross, Walton Verona, NCC, and Lloyd......oh...and MAYFIELD to win a title!

Based on 2015-16 numbers, Beechwood goes up to 2A and New Cath goes down to 1A. Covington Holy Cross is on the bubble to go down to 1A. That is based on the numbers. Remember, there is the new rule that allows a team to request to play up so if another team wants to go down then New Cath could stay in 2A.

That could be big if it happens later in the next realignment..

When Beechwood moves to 2A, I'd be surprised if Newport Catholic or Covington Holy Cross steps back to Class A. That will make for one very tough district if/when the time comes. I would assume if this does happen that the NKY Class A district would end up being Bellevue, Dayton, Ludlow, and Brossart. It will feel weird once Beechwood is gone.

It's still weird in ways how much things have changed with all of the changes since going to six classes. It still doesn't seem long ago at all since Beechwood, Bellevue, Dayton, Lloyd, Ludlow, and Newport Catholic was in Class A together representing NKY Class A as a district, which I guess reflects somewhat on my age. How things have changed since, but still just as fun to watch and follow.