Lawsuit alleges Boone County Deputies falsely arrested husband, wife

theguru

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the officer lie to the mom or , as the article said, not give her the reason for the arrest of the son. If it's the latter then I'd say it's not a problem.

I'm not sure if lying is a legal problem either. Their job is to execute the arrest warrant.

The location of the father when arrested is immaterial. He either deserved to be arrested or he didn't. If he did then the part about being "in the house" is meaningless.

Is it still meaningless if the arrest was not warranted? To me, if he did nothing to deserve being arrested, the officer entering the home is a major no-no. I could be wrong though.

Did the officer lie to the mom or , as the article said, not give her the reason for the arrest of the son. If it's the latter then I'd say it's not a problem.

I'm not sure if lying is a legal problem either. Their job is to execute the arrest warrant.

Re-read it. See where the claim is that they said the warrant was for the original charge.

I doubt that's going to be an issue.

The location of the father when arrested is immaterial. He either deserved to be arrested or he didn't. If he did then the part about being "in the house" is meaningless.

Why is immaterial? If he was in his house and the arrests of the son and mother occurred outside of the house how would he be interfering with the arrests?

One thing I just noticed while looking at the article again....24 year old son living at home???

Millennials... :lol2:

But really, I don't think that's outside the norm these days.

I have a 25 year old son still living at home. He has Asperger's and while he has a steady and decent job, he will probably always live at home.

If a police officer came to our door for him one night, I would probably be asking a lot of questions as well - possibly to the point of being arrested because I'm not sure how much my son would understand about what's going on.

I'm not saying this is the case with this guy. Just letting you know that all young adults who still live with their parents are not stoners playing video games all day in the basement with no job and no ambition as is stereotyped sometimes.

I have a 25 year old son still living at home. He has Asperger's and while he has a steady and decent job, he will probably always live at home.

If a police officer came to our door for him one night, I would probably be asking a lot of questions as well - possibly to the point of being arrested because I'm not sure how much my son would understand about what's going on.

I'm not saying this is the case with this guy. Just letting you know that all young adults who still live with their parents are not stoners playing video games all day in the basement with no job and no ambition as is stereotyped sometimes.

And that's completely different and understandable.

The bolded never even crossed my mind. I just can't imagine being 24 and wanting to still live with my parents.

That was the gist of my comment.

And that's completely different and understandable.

The bolded never even crossed my mind. I just can't imagine being 24 and wanting to still live with my parents.

I don't think it's "want" but student debt + crummy job opportunities = take refuge where you can.

Alright, break's over, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Police Officers can lie to accomplish their jobs, happens all the time.

However, and this is very important, never on an official document or in court or anything like that.