Lawsuit alleges Boone County Deputies falsely arrested husband, wife

theguru

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously.

Again, I'm going off what is in the suit. If all he did was tell them to let go of his wife and instruct his neighbor to record the incident, does that constitute an arrest?

It depends. I wasn't there. If he's interfering with them making an arrest he's getting too involved IMO.

Based on just his attorneys account in the lawsuit? No, it doesn't. But I'm sure there is more to the story.

I'm sure there is as well.

This is all we have to go off of as of now though. I'm simply trying to figure out what the officers could be facing on the (off) chance that it actually happened as described in the suit.

IF it happened like the story states I would guess the officers will have trouble explaining the arrest of mom and dad. However, unless there is some video or voice recording it will be he said she said I would think. They did something to prompt the officers to arrest them so the deputies could just state mom was interfering with them arresting junior and dad was being disorderly.

So hypothetically an officer could go up to anyone and tell them they have a warrant for their arrest and not have to produce said warrant?

I'm sure they could. They would most likely be in a lot of trouble when they got the person to the police station and didn't have a warrant or reason for the arrest.