Cop shoots man laying on ground with hands in the air

NamecipS

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bizarre situation with the autistic guy, the toy truck, open dialog between the parties. Not your typical police chase and catch.

As always I need to see all video and the complete facts (not hear say) before I render judgement.

I think JD's post is spot on.

Story sounds real bad. But again, everything is coming from victim and lawyer. I'm with Clyde, they had 2 different videos, 1 before with guys hands in the air and 2nd with the victim cuffed. What happened in between.

But the 1st video with the guys arms in the air and stating the autistic kid did not have a weapon seems really bad for officer. One shot may be an inexcusable accident, but 2-3 shots, wow.

It's getting out of control and it needs to stop.

According to the article, the man was laying on the ground with his hands in the air and was shot in the leg by a police officer. He asked why he shot him and the cop allegedly responded with "I don't know".

Miami shooting: Man shot by cops while lying down with hands up, lawyer says - CNN.com

Your first sentence...huh?

How is it getting out of control?

If this Officer screwed up, he screwed up. It's that simple.

Unfortunately all we have are videos after the fact and statements from an attorney. An attorney who stands to gain a lot of money based on the outcome of this.

It definitely looks bad. If he shot the guy for no reason, he needs to be punished and fired. But I'm willing to wait and see what a thorough investigation reveals before i fan the flames.

Your first sentence...huh?

How is it getting out of control?

If this Officer screwed up, he screwed up. It's that simple.

Unfortunately all we have are videos after the fact and statements from an attorney. An attorney who stands to gain a lot of money based on the outcome of this.

It definitely looks bad. If he shot the guy for no reason, he needs to be punished and fired. But I'm willing to wait and see what a thorough investigation reveals before i fan the flames.

Violence is out of control. On both sides of the fence.

Can't imagine this happening as originally stated by victim, especially with all we have going on right now. If so, this LEO is in big trouble and the victim will be paid for his trouble. The video looked horrible. What more could the guy do but lay on his back with his arms in the air?

I've got to hand it to the guy (if all is as it appeared), he was giving everything he had to prevent the autistic guy from getting shot. He literally put his life on the line.