Reds @ Nationals (6/30 - 7/3)

Votto had another face off with fans along the first base line in this one. Went after a pop up that he could not reach which landed in front of the stands. Votto picked up the loose ball, held it out towards the stands as if asking who wants it, then rolled the ball to the ball girl. A batter or two later, Votto made a nice over the shoulder catch of a foul ball in the same area for the third out, then stared down the fans in the stands before turning and jogging to the dugout. Smiled to teammates as he jogged in.

Would you expect anything less from this "Professional" athlete?

Well, then he wonders why fans like to get on him to get his goat. I guess he loves to torment. He's becoming increasingly good at it.

If he doesn't watch it he's going to alienate both of the Reds fans.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lamb was pitching good and then Walk, Walk, Walk and Grand Slam. What is going on between his ears is beyond me. This is why the Reds are going to set ML records for walks and HomecRuns given up. Yet he is here and Stephenson is no where to be found.

Lamb was pitching good and then Walk, Walk, Walk and Grand Slam. What is going on between his ears is beyond me. This is why the Reds are going to set ML records for walks and HomecRuns given up. Yet he is here and Stephenson is no where to be found.

These kids were not ready and its showing. I understand getting your MLB bumps, but these kids were not mentally ready. Its Homer Bailey all over again with all these pitchers.

Brenneman was ripping Lamb and to some extent some of the other young guys(Finnegan,Reed,etc.) during the game today on radio. Said at some point you need to see some improvement or a sign that you are changing(walks) and not seeing it with Lamb. There's a couple on here that love Lamb. I put him right with Hoover.

Brenneman was ripping Lamb and to some extent some of the other young guys(Finnegan,Reed,etc.) during the game today on radio. Said at some point you need to see some improvement or a sign that you are changing(walks) and not seeing it with Lamb. There's a couple on here that love Lamb. I put him right with Hoover.

I also think the pitching coach that everybody thought was a good one who took over as manager has a lot to do with this as well. For every step forward, and there's not many, these guys take two and three backwards. If you ask me, Lamb looks to me like he'd rather be anywhere else but on that mound.

I'm hoping I'm acting like Chicken Little and the young pitching will start improving soon but I don't have my hopes high. Maybe Price wasn't the guru pitching coach some folks thought.

It's the youngest pitching staff in the majors and 2nd youngest roster. There will be lots of ups and even more downs with them right now. Cueto had a 4.81 ERA in his first year and 4.41 in his second year. It takes time to figure it and not all of these guys will pan out. I'm not sure what you guys expected coming into the year? I'd like to see something a little more from Reed tomorrow. That last start was really disappointing.