One true cost of immigration

jericho

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree all parties involved need to be punished including those hiring. Like I said before, I just cant undserstand how this isn't quite easily shut down

I think there are several reasons. One, We've become so dependent on that labor, no one has the stomach to aggressively shut it done....too many businesses and every day goods and services would be affected negatively. 2nd, it's become so widespread and accepted, that it would require a Herculean effort with exorbitant costs, that no one one is willing to foot the bill for. And those are the two reasons I think it makes more sense to focus on legalizing these people, than trying to round them up and deport/imprison them.

Here is an idea.

Why don't all of those smart undocumented and illegal smart people go back or stay in their own country and try to help them out. It's obvious Mexico needs a few smart people.

Here is an idea.

Why don't all of those smart undocumented and illegal smart people go back or stay in their own country and try to help them out. It's obvious Mexico needs a few smart people.

You can never have too many smart people. I will always take a few extra smart guys on my team regardless of where they are from.

Here is an idea.

A lot of those that pertain to this thread have been in America since very early childhood. America, regardless of the method they used to get here, is all they've ever known.

As I've said numerous times, fine them, make them start paying their share, and register them, but deporting them is not only unreasonable, it's not feasible.

It's not like they got the scholarships for being illegal, they earned those scholarships. Look at the grades, they're not bragging about being illegal and getting money lol.

How about the legal resident who just missed getting that scholarship? One of my kids missed getting a $17,500 scholarship, which required an unweighted cumulative GPA of something like 3.80, and it was something like a 3.7995. The College said the transcript had to show 3.8 and to have the school round it up, school says that they have to send it out exactly as the number comes out of their program. I get mad every semester when I see the bill from the college.

How about the legal resident who just missed getting that scholarship? One of my kids missed getting a $17,500 scholarship, which required an unweighted cumulative GPA of something like 3.80, and it was something like a 3.7995. The College said the transcript had to show 3.8 and to have the school round it up, school says that they have to send it out exactly as the number comes out of their program. I get mad every semester when I see the bill from the college.

They missed it because they didn't do better than these kids, that's if they missed it anyways. As far as with your child is concerned, that situation doesn't involve any legal or illegal citizens.

It's likely these children have lived in the US for most of their lives anyways. They want to better their lives and be a productive member of society, and they did good enough in school and they're getting help for it. Not help because they're illegal, help because they worked hard and got the grades. Who cares where they were born if they're productive?