One true cost of immigration

jericho

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why wouldn't we want those highly motivated, intelligent students in our country?? If they earned the scholly's they deserve them. My two college aged kids still managed to get nearly all of their college paid before after scholly's and grants they earned....these scholly's didn't take money away from them.

As far as the cost chart, it does a great job of putting costs out there. Once again, as usual, it ignores their production of goods and services and the income and taxes that generates, as well as the amount of money they spend in the economy. It paints a partial picture

Why wouldn't we want those highly motivated, intelligent students in our country?? If they earned the scholly's they deserve them. My two college aged kids still managed to get nearly all of their college paid before after scholly's and grants they earned....these scholly's didn't take money away from them.

As far as the cost chart, it does a great job of putting costs out there. Once again, as usual, it ignores their production of goods and services and the income and taxes that generates, as well as the amount of money they spend in the economy. It paints a partial picture

One could argue that if they were so highly motivated, intelligent students they would figure out how to be legally in this country.

Well it also doesn't show how much money goes back to the Mexican economy either from them either.

It also doesn't show this.

How you all claim the cost of things would be higher if not for the cheap labor.

Well I know some people who own their own construction businesses and they have about 5 illegal Mexicans working for about 7 dollars an hour running a dozen and stuff. The cost of what they charge isn't any cheaper than when they had actual American workers doing the job and they paid them 15-20 an Hour to do the same thing. The only money they are saving is what they make and it goes right back into their family pocket and building their real. Ice house and buying up property to make money from.

So don't think all this cheap labor save a person money because it's not always the case.

This Map Shows Where Immigrants Send the Most Money Home | TIME Labs

$24 Billion Annually sent back to Mexico from immigrants (legal and illegal) in the US. That accounts for almost 2% of the Mexican GDP...no wonder Mexico is against any immigration crack downs or slowing of those crossing the borders illegally.

That's with no strings attached. Mexico does not have to provide one thing to those Mexican folks working illegally in the US. Each one that walks across the Rio provides valuable cash into the mexican economy.

^^^^^^^

Better be quiet, you will be scolded by the Libs on here.

I'm not scolding anybody. I just think the folks that are hiring them are just as guilty, if not more. But that group never gets mentioned.

Because they are here ILLEGALLY!!!!

Why do you Libs on here want to completely ignore this. They have broken the law. It doesn't matter why.

I can guarantee if you go to court for stealing, the prosecutor and judge won't care why you were stealing. You broke the law.

Because they are here ILLEGALLY!!!!

Why do you Libs on here want to completely ignore this. They have broken the law. It doesn't matter why.

I can guarantee if you go to court for stealing, the prosecutor and judge won't care why you were stealing. You broke the law.

I get that....but this is another one of those paths to citizenship, which can add a productive, intelligent person to our economy/society. Also, most likely, they were dragged here by their parents, and know no other life outside of this country. And once again, their parents are likely here because some American is employing them (ILLEGALLY) and there are many, many more that are willing to look the other way to take advantage of the goods and services those companies are providing (because they are using ILLEGAL workers). I'm not sure why conservatives completely ignore those points, and focus all the energy on the people. You have to make sure the jobs dry up, or those people that drive you guys crazy will keep coming.

As far as your analogy...I spent enough years working in Retail Loss Prevention, and sat through enough court cases to know, that for the most part, the judge and prosecutor give most people who commit that crime a chance, and rarely see the whole book thrown at them. There are very few laws where people aren't hurt and property not damaged that aren't applied with soft hands, and an opportunity for a second chance or lesser charge.

I get that....but this is another one of those paths to citizenship, which can add a productive, intelligent person to our economy/society. Also, most likely, they were dragged here by their parents, and know no other life outside of this country. And once again, their parents are likely here because some American is employing them (ILLEGALLY) and there are many, many more that are willing to look the other way to take advantage of the goods and services those companies are providing (because they are using ILLEGAL workers). I'm not sure why conservatives completely ignore those points, and focus all the energy on the people. You have to make sure the jobs dry up, or those people that drive you guys crazy will keep coming.

As far as your analogy...I spent enough years working in Retail Loss Prevention, and sat through enough court cases to know, that for the most part, the judge and prosecutor give most people who commit that crime a chance, and rarely see the whole book thrown at them. There are very few laws where people aren't hurt and property not damaged that aren't applied with soft hands, and an opportunity for a second chance or lesser charge.

The old line of "two wrongs do not make a right" applies here. They are illegal no matter the reason they are here or who hires them. Some just like to find excuses for wrong doers or find someone else to blame. People, all people, should live by the consequences of their actions.

The ones who who you mentioned in court, they were punished, just not to the full extent of the law. The illegals are not being punished, but rewarded.

The only thing you focus on is s way to keep them here. They should not be rewarded for breaking the law, which you are in favor of by your posts.

The only thing you focus on is s way to keep them here. They should not be rewarded for breaking the law, which you are in favor of by your posts.

If you are law abiding, productive, upstanding person...yes, I'm ok with providing a path to citizenship. I'm sorry, I just don't view these folks as the evil, lawless people. Especially the children who had no choice in coming here.

As I've said many times, which many seem to ignore, I'm not against immigration reform. I think the hyper focus on, and disdain we hold for immigrants is misplaced, and will never be effective in solving the problem. Every business that employs them and everyone who purchases goods and services from those businesses are just as guilty of breaking the law. Any immigration reform has to start there.