Ten Good Programs In Bad Situations

While some of the information is correct about Cooper moving up to 6A there is no truth to the myth that Cooper was "distancing themselves from Highlands". If anyone is remotely familiar with the growth of NKY, and more specifically the growth in Union, one will certainly see that by the next time reclassification comes around Cooper will be firmly entrenched in 6A. Would they have been one of the larger schools in 5A had they stayed? absolutely. Could they have been a favorite to get back to BG in 5A, quite possibly. Is it a challenge for them to make it back to State in 6A, of course, but given the fact that Cooper, since the schools short 8 year existence, was already playing 4 (6A) schools per year anyway it's not totally impossible.

Outside of really bad loss at Bryan Station last year where Cooper could not have played any poorly (and BS certainly had a definite hand in that) 2015 showed they can compete as they were 1pt shy of being a final 4 team in the KY's largest division. No predictions at all, but Cooper will always just fly under the radar and just do what they do.

Good thread but the move had nothing to do with Highlands but I think more about the expected growth which is right around the corner. JMO

But why move up before you have the enrollment to justify it? Sure, maybe they will be 6A in the future, but for what reason would they move early? It's not like they would lack for local 5A teams for a district, and they can play any class for their non-district schedule.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manual sticks out for sure. Arguably the premier academic public in the entire commonwealth. Couple that with the ability to provide transportation for students around Jefferson county... Male has beaten them handily the past two seasons, snapping a Crimson 4 game streak.

Freshman have lacked numbers lately. Any word of the numbers for early summer practice?

Manual sticks out for sure. Arguably the premier academic public in the entire commonwealth. Couple that with the ability to provide transportation for students around Jefferson county... Male has beaten them handily the past two seasons, snapping a Crimson 4 game streak.

Freshman have lacked numbers lately. Any word of the numbers for early summer practice?

Hopefully we can keep this thread on topic.

On Manual, another thread for them sounds ideal Ham Bone.

Paducah Tilghman is in a much better state than the last 2 years. The staff and kids and community are rallying around this team. Should be interesting to watch. I think at least a regional title and 2 rounds of playoffs. This schedule will accelerate the growth of the underclassmen. The very new schemes won't be realized until mid season. The underclassmen will be huge contributors this year as there are only 11 seniors on this squad and only 5 will play dominate roles. So sewing the seeds of future success is going to be the mantra this year. That being said i love being a cinderella. Underdogs fly under the radar. Look out for Big Blue!!! So i don't consider PT on this list at all. ATL usually you are right on point, however your aim is off on this team.

Not used to seeing Bell on a list like this. Things are not going to turn around anytime soon. Zero Varsity coaches are returning for Bell and so far only 2 assistant coaches on staff neither with Varsity experience. Really sad.

This sounds really bad. Have all the coaches from last year moved on to other jobs? Is Mills still at Bell Co.?

Paducah Tilghman is in a much better state than the last 2 years. The staff and kids and community are rallying around this team. Should be interesting to watch. I think at least a regional title and 2 rounds of playoffs. This schedule will accelerate the growth of the underclassmen. The very new schemes won't be realized until mid season. The underclassmen will be huge contributors this year as there are only 11 seniors on this squad and only 5 will play dominate roles. So sewing the seeds of future success is going to be the mantra this year. That being said i love being a cinderella. Underdogs fly under the radar. Look out for Big Blue!!! So i don't consider PT on this list at all. ATL usually you are right on point, however your aim is off on this team.

Any team that is on it's third coach since the end of the 2013 season belongs on this list, especially since the last two coaches before Barber left under less than amicable circumstances.

That being said, I do agree that things are looking up for Tilghman and this program could be on the verge of returning to its former greatness. With the crop of really good younger players coming up there is so much potential--- if only the coaching can finally rise to the same level of talent.

Tilghman consistently puts players in D1 schools and the NFL. Not many schools in KY can say that. Unfortunately, they don't put it all together to win State very often. Hopefully Coach Barber can use what he has learned at the college level to bring them back to where they need to be.