MBA 24 Paul Dunbar 7

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They just showed the highlights on TV, MBA didn't seem to be overwhelming. The way the sportscasters spoke, this was a close game, for awhile, I think at one point late in the 2nd quarter, it was only 14-7.

They never are an overwhelming team. They are a very disciplined squad that plays very hard.

They just showed the highlights on TV, MBA didn't seem to be overwhelming. The way the sportscasters spoke, this was a close game, for awhile, I think at one point late in the 2nd quarter, it was only 14-7.

This was a VERY CLOSE game. It was 14-7 till about 9 minutes to go in the 4th quarter when Dunbar muffed a punt and MBA recovered deep in Dunbar terriotory. Dunbar held them to a field goal which made the score 17-7. Dunbar then drove the ball to MBA's 4 yard line and penalties messed up the drive and a missed field goal gave Dunbar no points on the drive. MBA scored a late touchdown to make the game 24-7.

The story for Dunbar tonight was the lack of skill kids and special team mistakes. Cramps and injuries have killed Dunbar so far this year. Hopefully Dunbar can get healthy. If Dunbar could have had all of their players on the field tonight this game could have very easily gone the other way. MBA could not move the ball at all on Dunbar's defense. Dunbar in the trenches really gave MBA fits. MBA had no answer for Dunbar's defensive line yet Dunbar could not move the ball much with basically no skill kids on the field. Special teams and injuries lost this game for Dunbar.

They have good size, offensive left tackle is a 6-5 285 lb. Jr. The Golfer is right. Special teams and the injuries, (which are part of the game), cost Dunbar. MBA was not able to run the ball on the Dawgs at all.

Attended the game...was not impressed with either team. Both offenses (IMO) were anemic. PLD runs a ton of sets but seems to basically run the same thing out of each. MBA looked short on athletes to me. But then again...those are just my opinions. However, I did think the quote Coach Hensley had in the paper this morning was interesting...said he told his kids that this was the best team they would play this year...hum.

I was at the game to and for the most part I was impressed with the Dunbar defense. Except for that punt return for MBA in the first quarter it was a dead lock until late in the game. I would say though that there were a couple of opportunities for Dunbar to tie or take the lead.

Dunbar's inability to throw the football will hurt them this year. They did hit one nice pass, but that was they only one.

The Bulldogs played hard, but as has been mentioned earlier, do not seem to have the skilled people to compete against a well-coach Montgomery Bell Academy team

Dunbar's inability to throw the football will hurt them this year. They did hit one nice pass, but that was they only one.

The Bulldogs played hard, but as has been mentioned earlier, do not seem to have the skilled people to compete against a well-coach Montgomery Bell Academy team

Dunbar has one of the best runningbacks around in Jerrell Greene but he sprained his MCL in the Franklin County scrimmage last week and didn't play. He is #33. He played against Southwestern in the first scrimmage and everyone seemed very impressed with the few carries he had that night. If you add him to the offense Dunbar looks MUCH better. Then when all of the other skill kids went down with cramps Dunbar couldn't move the ball at all.

Dunbar played an outstanding game on defense. Their offense looked extremely conservative. I think in a couple of weeks, if everyone can get healthy, they will be a force in 4A statewide. They have speed, size, and a great D, but sometimes in last night's game the defensive ends lacked discipline on key plays. They had their chances to beat MBA, but they didn't. Don't think they really trust the forward pass much with Haney, but the kid throws a really nice ball. The DOGS will be a better team than last year.