Mike Glaser comments - true?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that he made the same comment twice, one week apart. It looks like coach,the fans,the team and the Alumni have no problem with his statement ( respectfully).

Gentlemen start your engines!!

I think that if you step back and look from his perpective that it was only the "last game" that was not the way he scripted,

Here is a snapshot of 5 looks into last season.

Game 1 St x beats Bowling Green for Bowling Green's only loss.

Trinity loses to Montgomery Bell

Game 2 StX beats Lexington Catholic for their only loss

Game 4 St X routs Trinity 48-16 for their only Kentucky loss

Game 9 St X beats Male for their only loss

Game 14 St X defeats Warren Central their only loss to go 14-0. Trinity advances to go 12-2.

After each of these games, you would agree that St X believed they were the best.

Only the "last game" didn't go as desired. Still, they held the Mr Football candidate to 12-22 passing with one fumble and won the possession game while completing 1 pass in the second half. The leading receiver for X did not catch a pass. Kudos to Senn and Co. So the quarterback broke his foot, the running back hurt his shoulder and the receiver didn't show. I guess that's poor coaching in the eyes of the Shamrock supporters.

One better spot by an outside official that was intimidated and had bad spots both ways throughout the game could of changed the game, There is no way that Donnell doesn't make the first down in the 3rd quarter on the 3rd and 1? Horrible spot. On the last play by Vic Anderson, how can a helmet fall on the goal line and be placed at the 2 yard line? No his knee didn't touch the ground.

Also, how can the KHSAA bypass the 4A game and place the best Lexington crew on the the 2A game and the best Northern Kentucky squad on the 3A game and leave the 4A to Somerset, Stanford, Baxter, and Morehead officials? They obviously thought the 4A was not to be a close game and scheduled accordingly.

Also, I have copied the 20 plays in the end of the first quarter and into the 2nd quarter which I saw as the pivotal time of the game.

Here are the results.

20 plays

8 penalty plays

2 incomplete passes

1 missed field goal

74 total yards

8.2 average per play.

Did Trinity cause substitution infractions? Is this a good defense that gave up 8.2 yards a play during the time the St X offense struggled? I think you saw a team distracted by the coach's dedication to his grieving family.

Here is the play by play as the KHSAA.org site replays.

[sHOT], BRENT CURLEY rush for 17 yards to the TRINITY25 (KYLE HALLION),

PENALTY STX holding 11 yards to the STX47, NO PLAY.

S 2-24 S47 BRENT CURLEY pass complete to VIC ANDERSON for 23 yards to the TRINITY30

(ERIC BRADY).

S 3-1 T30 PENALTY STX false start 5 yards to the TRINITY35.

S 3-6 T35 PENALTY STX substitution infraction 5 yards to the TRINITY40.

S 3-11 T40 [sHOT], BRENT CURLEY pass complete to MIC. MATTINGLY for 21 yards to the

TRINITY19, 1ST DOWN STX (BRIAN HART;BLAYNE DONNELL).

S 1-10 T19 MIC. MATTINGLY rush for 4 yards to the TRINITY15 (BRIAN HART;ANDREW FULTZ).

S 2-6 T15 VIC ANDERSON rush for no gain to the TRINITY15, out-of-bounds (ERIC BRADY).

S 3-6 T15 PENALTY STX delay of game 5 yards to the TRINITY20.

S 3-11 T20 BRENT CURLEY pass incomplete to DAN PASSAFUIME.

S 4-11 T20 TIM DOUGHERTY field goal attempt from 37 MISSED - wide right, spot at

==END OF 1st QUARTER==

ST XAVIER 6, TRINITY 7

======================

Play-by-Play Summary (2nd quarter)

S 1-10 S30 Start of 2nd quarter, clock 12:00.

S 1-10 S30 VIC ANDERSON rush for 3 yards to the STX33 (JOHN KINDERMAN).

S 2-7 S33 PENALTY STX false start (ZACH SLAYTON) 4 yards to the STX29.

S 2-11 S29 [sHOT], BRENT CURLEY rush for 10 yards to the STX39 (WESLEY WEITLAUF).

S 3-1 S39 BRENT CURLEY rush for 2 yards to the STX41, 1ST DOWN STX (DILLON

HOLLIN;JOHN KINDERMAN).

S 1-10 S41 BRENT CURLEY pass complete to ALEX JAMES for 11 yards to the TRINITY48,

1ST DOWN STX, out-of-bounds (BRIAN HART).

S 1-10 T48 PENALTY TRINITY Encroachment (LUKE MCDERMOTT) 5 yards to the

TRINITY43.

S 1-5 T43 PENALTY STX substitution infraction 5 yards to the TRINITY48.

S 1-10 T48 [sHOT], BRENT CURLEY pass incomplete to MIC. MATTINGLY.

S 2-10 T48 PENALTY STX false start (ZACH SLAYTON) 5 yards to the STX47.

S 2-15 S47 [sHOT], BRENT CURLEY pass incomplete, PENALTY STX intentional grounding

McGEE).

Unfortuneately, Curley fumbles on the next play.

Because of all of this, I think Coach Glaser thought he had the best team going into the state final. Gives kudos to the Rocks but in 2006, neither team will be in the final. Male wins over Dunbar 31-7.

^ and finally the sore loser show up. Thanks for playing.......

STATE CHAMPS 2005...live with it.

and a whole lot of sore winners.......you guys won against a better team...why complain..you should be proud....

What's the bigger accomplishment...winning a game that you should have easily won or winning one where you were the underdog and avenging a 48-16 pounding earlier in the year????

You are correct 85. The circumstances leading up to the victory are what made the win one of greatest in Rock history. I'm sorry that some Tigers can't realize that they were not the best team when it counted. To come on here and cry foul about the officials and find excuse after excuse and play the coulda, shoulda, woulda game diminishes X's fine season and program. I stated on the night of the game in a post on this board that this loss would weigh heavy on a lot of X fans for some time to come. I guess my prediction was correct, but I never thought the coach himself would fall prey to the temptation.

All I can say is wow.

I've never seen so many excuses in one post ever.

The bottom line as I see it is that X may have had the best team on paper but they don't play the game on paper do they?

X was out coached and out played in December, 2005 and in my book that negates any discussion of them being the best team.

The best teams perform when it is time. X had that opportunity and blew it, Trinity stepped up and took it.

I think that if you step back and look from his perpective that it was only the "last game" that was not the way he scripted,

Here is a snapshot of 5 looks into last season...

I was going to respond point by point, but I think that would lessen the value of your post. Man that was good!

I will offer you this, it is a toss-up for my favorite parts of your post between X

won the possession game...in the second half.

or

The quarterback broke his foot, the running back hurt his shoulder and the receiver didn't show.
It's very close.

I never thought it was possible that the 2005 Trinity State Championship could affect another team's fans/coaches/players more than Trinity's. But as time goes on I realize I am incorrect, as that cold December night in 2005 has produced a greater effect at X than at Trinity.

Everybody needs to get over it. It was, and is, a bitter pill to swallow. I dare to say that most people, including the T fans, thought X would win. I certainly did. I know one of the T players fathers didn't even go to the game until the second half. It has to be considerred an upset, no matter which team you follow, and upsets happen all the time. That's not to say that T didn't earn the win. They improved greatly since the first, and I suspect played their best game of the season. Bring on 2006.