Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mike Glaser comments - true?

Featured Replies

Can someone confirm for me that Glaser has been on two different TV stations proclaiming the "best team did not win the title last year"? Thanks.

  • Replies 88
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone confirm for me that Glaser has been on two different TV stations proclaiming the "best team did not win the title last year"? Thanks.

I've never been impressed with his intellect on TV, but I can't imagine that he would say that.

I saw one of them. On WHAS he said it obvious that they had the best team in the state last year and that they just didn't finish in the last game. Several players echoed that sentiment.

 

My initial reaction was how come he as a head coach did not have "the best team in the state" better prepared then he did?

I know there is a lot of construction going on... but I have been all over my old school's campus and I cannot find the trophy that the best team in the state (for 2005) wins. Somebody help me out here.....

I saw the same thing and now they have a slogan and its called "The Last Game" or something like that.

Since the coach is part of the team, I think it is obvious that on that day they weren't the based team in the state. They were outplayed and outcoached.

Where has Glaser been for the last eight months? The best team did win along with the best coaches in Kentucky. Not too many X supporters making a comment about Glaser's statement.....

not trying to strike any more chords, but WHEN did he say this, immediately after we won, or recently? That would be very telling IMO.

not trying to strike any more chords, but WHEN did he say this, immediately after we won, or recently? That would be very telling IMO.

Recently, not sure what channel.

I didn't see him make the comments, and assuming he did, it wasn't too bright to say on TV, but I would have to agree with him. Trinity played a great game, but I think St. X was the best team in the state last year. Unfortunately for them, they didn't play their best game when it counted. I think the St. X supporters are staying away from it simply because they know it wasn't the smartest thing for the coach to say on TV. I have a feeling most of them would tell you they still think St. X was the best team in the state last year, regardless of the final game.

Can someone please confirm what exactly was said? I want to have my ducks in a row before I unleash on Glaser.

not trying to strike any more chords, but WHEN did he say this, immediately after we won, or recently? That would be very telling IMO.

Last week sometime, I saw it on WHAS. It was an interview during practice

Can someone please confirm what exactly was said? I want to have my ducks in a row before I unleash on Glaser.

He said, and I paraphrase, the there was no question that X was the best team in the state last year and that they just didn't finish it off in the last game. The sentiment was echoed by players interviewed and finish the job (or something to that effect) was going to be the theme for their season this year.

Last year is done and over with - or at least it should be. Having said that though, I'll backtrack some and say that it is very questionable whether X had the best 4A team at the end of the playoffs last year. There was so much hype about how tough the west side of the bracket was that people forgot to see how well T was playing at the end, how much they had improved, and how X was vulnerable. I would invite a position-by-position comparison of the two teams (to include intangibles and coaching) effective the first week of December, 2005. I would submit that if X was better (conjecturally), it wasn't by much. I do indeed think T was better. End of story.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.