Mike Glaser comments - true?

The main person who has diminished what the TRINITY TEAM accomplished last year has been your Coach! He took it to a higher level by saying on local T.V. two weeks in a row that "ST.X was the better team". He needs to take higher ground when he has local media airing or writing what he says. With media attention everyone needs to guard their words and be responsible. What he said is meant for locker room hype !!
As far as I'm concerned, if St. Xavier truly was the better team, that just makes Trinity's state title that much sweeter and more impressive.

I fail to see how Glaser's comments could be considered irresponsible. The people making the most of them here are simply trying to generate bulletin board material.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I'm concerned, if St. Xavier truly was the better team, that just makes Trinity's state title that much sweeter and more impressive.

I fail to see how Glaser's comments could be considered irresponsible. The people making the most of them here are simply trying to generate bulletin board material.

TRINITY does not need bulletin board material? :thumb:

The main person who has diminished what the TRINITY TEAM accomplished last year has been your Coach! He took it to a higher level by saying on local T.V. two weeks in a row that "ST.X was the better team".

How does it diminish what Trinity did last year to say they beat a superior team in the State Championship game (after getting shellacked in September)? That, to me at least, is a pretty high compliment.

Isn't reaching a goal just beyond your grasp the mark of an overachiever?

How does it diminish what Trinity did last year to say they beat a superior team in the State Championship game (after getting shellacked in September)? That, to me at least, is a pretty high compliment.

Isn't reaching a goal just beyond your grasp the mark of an overachiever?

I agree with your point that beating a good team that made it to the State Final,for the State Championship is icing on the cake. It is what everyone is practicing for right now!!!

The problem that everyone has is the ST.X Coach coming on local t.v. and saying that his team was the best last year? When they did not win the Championship, total BUSH league!

The TRINITY faithful are not looking for compliments just credit for winning the Title. By what Coach said he in fact puts down what TRINITY did, what him and his team could not, WIN THE TITLE!!

The TRINITY faithful are not looking for compliments just credit for winning the Title. By what Coach said he in fact puts down what TRINITY did, what him and his team could not, WIN THE TITLE!!

This statement is true no matter what people try to say otherwise.

Did anyone get a scouting report on MBA or are we too interested in what happened LAST YEAR????

Picked fifth in an eight team league. Most years they are picked in the top two. Ruturning 5 starters on O and 4 on D or vice versa. However, they will be well coached and have a three year starter at QB.

Xman85,

I`m sorry but where did you read or hear that TRINITY Fans said that the ROCKS were the favorite going into the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP Game!!.

The main person who has diminished what the TRINITY TEAM accomplished last year has been your Coach! He took it to a higher level by saying on local T.V. two weeks in a row that "ST.X was the better team". He needs to take higher ground when he has local media airing or writing what he says. With media attention everyone needs to guard their words and be responsible. What he said is meant for locker room hype !!

Coach Beatty has said:" last year was last year" this comes from a Coach whoes team and his boys stepped up and won the CHAMPIONSHIP,THE RING!

As they say " Walk the walk don`t talk the talk". With someone new to this area ( by 6 years ) it appears to me that is not what Coach G. does!! All talk no show!!! just my humble point of view.

My coach (as you put it) only stated that he thought we had the best team in the state and that we did not win the title. We did not win the last game. But that would be the team's focus this year.

Stating that X had what he (and most everyone else in the state) believed to be a better team but didn't win says just what that is bad about Trinity?

It says that Trinity did a fantastic job of playing and coaching...which they did. It says that after getting beat badly in September...that they worked their butts off in just under 2 1/2 months to change the tide....How is that bad...it is a compliment! I am not saying anything bad about Trinity!

By the way....doesn't UL (one of my 2 favorite college teams) have the same kind of motto?....Finish....because they felt that they were better than S.F., W.V. and V.T.....but didn't finish?

My coach (as you put it) only stated that he thought we had the best team in the state and that we did not win the title. We did not win the last game. But that would be the team's focus this year.

Stating that X had what he (and most everyone else in the state) believed to be a better team but didn't win says just what that is bad about Trinity?

It says that Trinity did a fantastic job of playing and coaching...which they did. It says that after getting beat badly in September...that they worked their butts off in just under 2 1/2 months to change the tide....How is that bad...it is a compliment! I am not saying anything bad about Trinity!

By the way....doesn't UL (one of my 2 favorite college teams) have the same kind of motto?....Finish....because they felt that they were better than S.F., W.V. and V.T.....but didn't finish?

Thanks for sharing your postion with me! You know where I stand and I believe most of the TRINITY FANS as well, Give credit when credit is due.