Husband in Afghanistan cuts off wife's nose.

jericho

It has nothing to do with their religion.

I'm going to agree. It has everything to do with some of the Koran Religion thinking.

And yes some in America are nuts and do insane stuff but it usually isn't in the same precedent as the ones in the Middle East do it.

Just like when they stone people to death, it's their culture and religious thinking.

Another thing, these people in America that do it are usually delusional or on meds, the ones in the ME aren't. They see it as justice.

I'm going to agree. It has everything to do with some of the Koran Religion thinking.

And yes some in America are nuts and do insane stuff but it usually isn't in the same precedent as the ones in the Middle East do it.

Just like when they stone people to death, it's their culture and religious thinking.

Another thing, these people in America that do it are usually delusional or on meds, the ones in the ME aren't. They see it as justice.

I may get chastised but I am in the process of reading the Bible through yet again and I believe what they do and think in terms of "justice" in much of the Islamic countries is what I read in a lot of the Old Testament. Someone on here a couple months ago was lamenting the fact that we have gotten away from OT teachings. It sounds like ME countries are the ones that still adhere to Biblical-type justice. Of course it's insane and barbaric. It was in Abram's time and it is now. It may have been accepted then but it was still crazy. Religion makes people do some crazy things.

I may get chastised but I am in the process of reading the Bible through yet again and I believe what they do and think in terms of "justice" in much of the Islamic countries is what I read in a lot of the Old Testament. Someone on here a couple months ago was lamenting the fact that we have gotten away from OT teachings. It sounds like ME countries are the ones that still adhere to Biblical-type justice. Of course it's insane and barbaric. It was in Abram's time and it is now. It may have been accepted then but it was still crazy. Religion makes people do some crazy things.

The Bible isn't the Quran

And

Jesus ain't Muhammed

Don't read the Bible to try to compare or justify what is happening now in Middle East or their punishment.

I have never seen where God said to cut off a woman's nose

I have never read where Jesus condoned violence

Nose?

Things could be worse.

Key excerpts below. Warning - Article includes graphic descriptions of injuries and manner of death.

Saudi Arabia: Islamic cleric rapes, tortures, kills daughter, pays fine | Examiner.com

In Saudi Arabia an Islamic cleric who admits to raping, torturing and killing his daughter received a fine but no jail time for his heinous crime. Saudi media reports that the father paid 200,000 riyals ($50,000 US) in “blood money” for his crime, but will not be required to serve any time in prison.

In Saudi Arabia, Islamic law is interpreted to be that a father cannot be executed for murdering his children, nor can husbands be executed for murdering their wives.

US father decapitates disabled son. We don't have to go too far to find people doing horific things to people, including children:

Louisiana police: Father confesses to decapitating special-needs son - CNN.com

Sad but true on the bolded.

Heck, who to say that some in the ME aren't taking this kind of article and trying to get their own people stirred up about "those people".

Motes and beams.

Depending on your source ISIS has killed approximately 150,000 to 200,000 innocent people in a very short time. That's some serious killing in a short time.

Google " Yazidi girls" and read those stories from girls escaping their captors.

You guys are right we are awful pepole here in America and live in an awful country.

Proud of you ScienceFriction. Pray for understanding from the fairly tale in the sky.:thumb: