January 8, 201610 yr That's it. I've been wondering on multiple occasions who Martavis Bryant reminds me of. It's Chris Henry. Almost to a tee. Nothing like Steelers fans calling their own out on realized or unrealized fandom... I'm a fan of Spindocs objectivity since diplomacy is so highly espoused in todays society :lol2:... I tell you that to tell you this....Bryant will determine the outcome of this game, as will, whoever is covering him without help. Since others will be occupied taking care of H. Miller and A. Brown! So how is the food at the iron city inn?
January 8, 201610 yr I don't see how it is legal but I love it! Same as it being legal for that Steelers bar in Cincy not allowing Bengal fans in for the game, "We have the right to refuse anyone". As well as that deli a few years ago in Mason that had a sign that said something along the lines of "You must speak English to be served". The latter, indeed was legal, but wasn't the best P.R. move. Yes, I love the vendors idea as well
January 8, 201610 yr When it involves the NFL, it is all about the money. A guy that I work with (huge Steelers fan) had bought single tickets on Ticketmaster for the last Bengals/Steelers game here. He received an email with "Dear valued Bengals season ticket holder" offering him playoff tickets. He certainly wasn't going to say no. I wonder how many other Steelers fans got similar emails. Kind of hard to create a home field advantage when it is that easy.
January 8, 201610 yr Travis' boss is a guy named Hugh, and I need to send him a text that just says, "I love you, Man". Great guys at 333-SEAT! 333-SEAT > Martino's on Short Vine
January 8, 201610 yr Nothing like Steelers fans calling their own out on realized or unrealized fandom... I'm a fan of Spindocs objectivity since diplomacy is so highly espoused in todays society :lol2:... I tell you that to tell you this....Bryant will determine the outcome of this game, as will, whoever is covering him without help. Since others will be occupied taking care of H. Miller and A. Brown! So how is the food at the iron city inn? Awful but no one complains.
January 8, 201610 yr Why would it not be legal? I could see where MLB team that would not sell tickets to certain area codes or zip codes could be illegal because they are the original ticket seller and a part of MLB. But a ticket broker re-selling? That would seem to be ungoverned as long as he has a vendor license. What if that certain someone from another zip code is black or Muslim? What about a female? When businesses take this kind of plunge it is only a matter of time before they offend someone in a protected class or put another way someone other than a white male and then look out. Slippery slope.
January 8, 201610 yr What if that certain someone from another zip code is black or Muslim? What about a female? When businesses take this kind of plunge it is only a matter of time before they offend someone in a protected class or put another way someone other than a white male and then look out. Slippery slope. The only reason a Bengals fan would come into Martino's on Vine would be to stir up trouble. I was there last night with lots of Steelers fans and sure enough, 2 guys with beer muscles showed up and had to be politely "shown the door" by a couple of huge bouncers. The 2 beer muscles were wearing Bengals gear and only wanted to fight, until the bouncers (both about 6' 6 and 300 pounds) escorted them outside. lol!
January 8, 201610 yr The only reason a Bengals fan would come into Martino's on Vine would be to stir up trouble. Or...you know...to EAT.
January 8, 201610 yr Or...you know...to EAT. Ummm...said bar is filled with Steelers fans, 2 drunken 25 year olds smirking with their Bengals shirts walk in and start yelling Who Dey . . . yeah, they were there to eat all right. They got fed to the bouncers! lol!
January 8, 201610 yr The only reason a Bengals fan would come into Martino's on Vine would be to stir up trouble. I was there last night with lots of Steelers fans and sure enough, 2 guys with beer muscles showed up and had to be politely "shown the door" by a couple of huge bouncers. The 2 beer muscles were wearing Bengals gear and only wanted to fight, until the bouncers (both about 6' 6 and 300 pounds) escorted them outside. lol! I am glad to hear the in house muscle is sufficient.
January 8, 201610 yr Ummm...said bar is filled with Steelers fans, 2 drunken 25 year olds smirking with their Bengals shirts walk in and start yelling Who Dey . . . yeah, they were there to eat all right. They got fed to the bouncers! lol! You said the "only reason a Bengals fan would come into Martino's on Vine would be to stir up trouble." That place, especially before he took this hard-line anti-Bengal stance, was well known for their HUGE and delicious sandwiches with catchy mafia type names. Now those particular cats may have come looking to mix it up, don't know, don't care, but there are other reasons to go into Martino's. Which was your original post.
January 8, 201610 yr I am glad to hear the in house muscle is sufficient. Owners of the place are getting lots of free publicity for their loyalty to the Steelers!
January 8, 201610 yr Owners of the place are getting lots of free publicity for their loyalty to the Steelers! Just like 333 Seat, smart people, no doubt about it.
January 8, 201610 yr And if the Bengals lose I am thinking in 2016 and beyond we are not going to allow Steelers fans to post in the NFL forum on the weeks the Bengals play the Steelers.
January 8, 201610 yr You said the "only reason a Bengals fan would come into Martino's on Vine would be to stir up trouble." That place, especially before he took this hard-line anti-Bengal stance, was well known for their HUGE and delicious sandwiches with catchy mafia type names. Now those particular cats may have come looking to mix it up, don't know, don't care, but there are other reasons to go into Martino's. Which was your original post. Yes, in April, May, June, July, I agree with you. But when the Steelers are in town, common sense should tell you if you are a Bengals fan to stay away from such a place. It would be like a couple of little sheep walking into a den of hungry lions and not expecting trouble. It don't happen.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.