Track the Reds (Second Half)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not looking good, my friends... not good at all. have to go 4-0... cards have to go winless , and Astros 1-3... Here's to a "miracle on the river"
You never know....but regardless, the experts didn't give the Reds a chance to compete this year.

Sure the NL was down and injuries, inconsistent starting pitching, prolonged slumps, losing streaks, trades....all that factoring into a 162 game season, they are truthfully overachieving and playing near .500.

Reds fans always have higher hopes and often, not realistic but all you can ever ask for, is a chance to compete and be in it, to win it....last few games of the season and the Reds still have a chance.

It will be an interesting off-season and winter meetings, to see what moves are made and which direction, some players go.

You never know....but regardless, the experts didn't give the Reds a chance to compete this year.

I at least will say that I thought that they would be finished much earlier than the last week. Not bad, now they have to build on this, instead of stagnating as they often do. The Reds and their fans can not stand for being on the outside looking in. Given the history, et al, it has gotten out of control.

I at least will say that I thought that they would be finished much earlier than the last week. Not bad, now they have to build on this, instead of stagnating as they often do. The Reds and their fans can not stand for being on the outside looking in. Given the history, et al, it has gotten out of control.
.....:thumb:

Changes are needed and those may be the most difficult decisions, that this management group has faced to date.

I haven't checked the numbers, but it certainly seems attendance figures were down. Could there be a correlation, to some of the trades which occurred, costs or fans didn't feel this group would be competitive.

.....:thumb:

Changes are needed and those may be the most difficult decisions, that this management group has faced to date.

I haven't checked the numbers, but it certainly seems attendance figures were down. Could there be a correlation, to some of the trades which occurred, costs or fans didn't feel this group would be competitive.

They were over 2 million, so attendence was up...

They were over 2 million, so attendance was up...
Wow, that was surprising. I noticed a lot of empty seats during TV games.

How does that compare average wise, over the last several years. Similar numbers or been a steady increase/decline over a period of time.

Thanks GT....:thumb:

Wow, that was surprising. I noticed a lot of empty seats during TV games.

How does that compare average wise, over the last several years. Similar numbers or been a steady increase/decline over a period of time.

Thanks GT....:thumb:

I believe they have been right around 2 million since GASP opened...

Sure the NL was down and injuries, inconsistent starting pitching, prolonged slumps, losing streaks, trades....all that factoring into a 162 game season, they are truthfully overachieving and playing near .500.

Reds fans always have higher hopes and often, not realistic but all you can ever ask for, is a chance to compete and be in it, to win it....last few games of the season and the Reds still have a chance.

It will be an interesting off-season and winter meetings, to see what moves are made and which direction, some players go.

Good post. Through everything that's happened since the Reds went "south" when they traveled "west", it's been fun. When's the last time the Reds were scrapping for a playoff spot the last week of the season? 1999. So this season has been a welcomed surprise.

Changes for next year?

Can anyone else see Deno platooning with Freel in CF?

Closer?

FA 2nd basemen or FA outfielder (Torri Hunter mentioned today in LHL)

Will Griffey move to RF?

Phillips to SS?

Aurilla, Weathers not returning?

Bailey makes rotation?

FA starter pickup or is that low on the list?

Good post....

Changes for next year?

Can anyone else see Deno platooning with Freel in CF?

Closer?

FA 2nd basemen or FA outfielder (Torri Hunter mentioned today in LHL)

Will Griffey move to RF?

Phillips to SS?

Aurilla, Weathers not returning?

Bailey makes rotation?

FA starter pickup or is that low on the list?

Thank you and this a considerable list and very valid questions.....it will be interesting.