Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

Are the Reds really only 2.5 games out? How many long losing streaks have the Cards had this year?

 

Color me shocked I said the same thing when I saw that. After that horrid west coast road trip an combine that with the start of football I just quit watching baseball all together. Might have to tune back in.

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 224.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Dunn is even able to cut down on his K's? I'm not being sarcastic here, seriously, I wonder if he's made a serious attempt, or are they(staff, etc.)okay with everything status quo? Perhaps I'm the one with the problem with the K's and no one actually wearing a jersey is worried about it. I also wonder if Dunn's the least bit concerned about it. I'd be curious if anyone has tried to perhaps help his approach at the plate, change his philosophy a bit. The thing that I perceive most fans (me included) are irked by is how close Dunn is to being great. Not just good, I'm talking putting up Big Papi #'s.

I wonder if Dunn is even able to cut down on his K's? I'm not being sarcastic here, seriously, I wonder if he's made a serious attempt, or are they(staff, etc.) with everything status quo? Perhaps I'm the one with the problem with the K's and no one actually wearing a jersey is worried about it. I also wonder if Dunn's the least bit concerned about it. I'd be curious if anyone has tried to perhaps help his approach at the plate, change his philosophy a bit. The thing that I perceive most fans (me included) are irked by is how close Dunn is to being great. Not just good, I'm talking putting up Big Papi #'s.

 

 

To wonder if he or anyone else is concerned about everything hitting related seems preposterous to me. I'd say Dunn and Chambliss are now, have been, and will be spending a lot of time togther.

To wonder if he or anyone else is concerned about everything hitting related seems preposterous to me. I'd say Dunn and Chambliss are now, have been, and will be spending a lot of time togther.

You can call it preposterous if you like, but this years #s are not as good as last seasons and so on, so :thumb: here's to progress!

Every Reds fan is secretly pulling for a miracle and no one is willing to admit it. This could be one for the ages. Enjoy.

I wonder if Dunn is even able to cut down on his K's? I'm not being sarcastic here, seriously, I wonder if he's made a serious attempt, or are they(staff, etc.)okay with everything status quo? Perhaps I'm the one with the problem with the K's and no one actually wearing a jersey is worried about it. I also wonder if Dunn's the least bit concerned about it. I'd be curious if anyone has tried to perhaps help his approach at the plate, change his philosophy a bit. The thing that I perceive most fans (me included) are irked by is how close Dunn is to being great. Not just good, I'm talking putting up Big Papi #'s.
His K's are high and I'm sure all involved, will work on correcting but to Dunn's defense, he's getting pitched too more this year.

 

When the hitter preceding you in the line-up, poses minimal consistent threat, at driving in runs...Dunn saw more pitches. Teams were not pitching around him nearly as much but forcing him to hit the "pitchers pitch".

 

Have more consistency in front and behind him in the order, his RBI's will increase and if he resolves the K's, good be significant.

 

For the record....the fat lady still hasn't turned on the microphone, so the Reds are still alive.

Where do you keep getting this "worried about his golf game" stuff? Do you have a link to something? I have never heard any interview with him where even refers to playing golf. Fishing? Yes. However this is the 2nd or 3rd time you've referred to his "working on his golf game" and I just don't know where it's coming from.

Well it was reported on WLW that after a loss in a day game not to long ago he said I guess I could take extra batting practice but what good would that do?HE then proceded to grab his golf clubs out of his locker and take off to play that afternoon.Do you think he doesn't play golf?From the looks of his uppercut swing he is playing way too much.:D

From John Fay:

 

DUNN FOR FUN: The Dolphins Stadium scoreboard picture of Adam Dunn features a handlebar mustache, presumably part of the stadium's old-time theme.

 

"I'm going to grow one," Dunn said. "If you're going to play like a jackass you might as well look like one."

DSCF3466-778705.jpg

Speaking of being gone for a few days, I don't hear a particular someone bashing on Narron now...:lol:

 

 

If the Reds somehow magically manage to make the playoffs, my line will still be the same, get rid of Narron.

You can call it preposterous if you like, but this years #s are not as good as last seasons and so on, so :thumb: here's to progress!

 

Progress and work are not always directly related.

Speaking of being gone for a few days, I don't hear a particular someone bashing on Narron now...:lol:

 

I'm on that list of bashers. I would love for the Reds to somehow make up the 2.5 games but its going to take a continued collapse by the Cards.

 

Should the Reds somehow make it, I'm still going to post that Baseball Guy is not the right guy for the Reds while at the same time hoping he somehow gets them to the next round.

I'm on that list of bashers. I would love for the Reds to somehow make up the 2.5 games but its going to take a continued collapse by the Cards.

 

Should the Reds somehow make it, I'm still going to post that Baseball Guy is not the right guy for the Reds while at the same time hoping he somehow gets them to the next round.

 

 

 

Same here. I'll repeat once more what I've said before, Narron will cost you at least 8 W's by himself over the course of a season. A guy like Sweet Lou will keep Narron's W's turned L's in the win column. 78-79 becomes 86-71.

I want the Sweet One back!

Same here. I'll repeat once more what I've said before, Narron will cost you at least 8 W's by himself over the course of a season. A guy like Sweet Lou will keep Narron's W's turned L's in the win column. 78-79 becomes 86-71.

I want the Sweet One back!

In just under 3,000 games over 19 seasons, Lou is only 99 games over .500 for his career. His 1519-1420 record is good for a .517 winning %. Stellar...

Same here. I'll repeat once more what I've said before, Narron will cost you at least 8 W's by himself over the course of a season. A guy like Sweet Lou will keep Narron's W's turned L's in the win column. 78-79 becomes 86-71.

I want the Sweet One back!

....I won't even comment on Lou and I've stated before, we can speculate all we want about this manager, that manager, wins and loses....The entire NL is down, with the exception of the Mets and the Reds are a .500 team, playing near .500 baseball.

Giant_bat[1].gif

No one will ever convince me a manager should be held accountable for more than ten games per year. That's combined, wins and losses.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.