September 27, 200620 yr I thought you were past curfew this late??? I was actually busy moving my TV to the same room as my computer. I can finally post and watch at the same time. It was tough running back and forth.
September 27, 200620 yr I'm kicking everyone that is trying to crawl back onto the wagon. :fight: :fight: I've been telling you guys all along that they're getting ready to get hot.
September 27, 200620 yr 7-5 Pads after 8. Encarnacion/Rolen/Edmonds/Belliard up in the 9th for the Cards...
September 27, 200620 yr Everyone beware and stay out of LRCW's thread. Where have you been Digger? The last time we saw you in here before today the Reds were 7 games out. :sssh:
September 27, 200620 yr Where have you been Digger? The last time we saw you in here before today the Reds were 7 games out. :sssh: :jump: :bunny:
September 27, 200620 yr It would be truly amazing if they came back to win this thing. Everyone including myself wrote them off. I have always supported them but I didn't think they would make this late run. Michalak needs to pitch the best game of his career tomorrow.
September 27, 200620 yr It looks like the Brewers will have the chance to treat the Cards like they treated the Reds in 99... :sssh:
September 27, 200620 yr It looks like the Brewers will have the chance to treat the Cards like they treated the Reds in 99... :sssh: We can only hope.
September 27, 200620 yr I'm honestly to the point now that I HOPE Dunn gets traded. There are so many Reds "fans" that bang on him constantly, you'd think he sucks so bad they should just waive him (I mean he is so bad it's not like anyone else would even pick him up, right?). My favorite are the Reds' fans that say "he stinks," and then their next breath is "he is the only Red with trade value, so trade him." Umm, okay. I hope he gets traded to a team that will appreciate what he does bring to the team and not crucify him for what he doesn't. Reds' fans thinking Dunn stinks (their word, not mine) is about the funniest thing I have seen. For the record, here is a list of the players in the NL that are above and below him in each offensive category (except K's, I'll list the 2 below him). Pretty good company, I'd say: * Games played, he's tied with: Chase Utley and Rafeal Furcal * Runs scored, tied with Jason Bay and 1 ahead of Bill E. Hall * Hits, tied with Chipper Jones and right behind Jose Vidro * Doubles, tied with Pat Burrell and Juan Encarnacion * Home Runs, tied with Carlos Beltran and Andruw Jones * RBI, tied with Scott Rolen and 1 ahead of Pat Burrell * Total Bases, behind Adam LaRoche and ahead of Freddy Sanchez and P. Fielder * Walks, tied with Nick Johnson and behind Barry Bonds * Strikeouts, in order, ahead of Ryan Howard, Bill E. Hall, and Soriano * On-base, tied with Connor Jackson and ahead of Garciaparra * Slugging, between Adrian Gonzalez and Josh Willingham * Batting Avg., tied with Morgan Ensberg and ahead of Clint Barmes * Sac Flies, tied with, among others, Junior, Francoeur, Ensberg, and Miggy Cabrera * Intentional Walks, behind David Wright and ahead of Carlos Delgado. * Ground into DP's, tied with, among others, Bobby Abreu (NL) and Josh Barfield * Total Plate Appearances, behind Zimmerman and ahead of Uggla * Pitches seen, behind Soriano and ahead of Furcal and Ryan Howard * Extra base hits, behind Mike Cameron and ahead of Prince Fielder * Stolen Base %, 100%, 7 for 7. * OBPS, 24th in the NL, behind Garciaparra and ahead of Pat Burrell Is he the best player in the NL? No. Does he get enough credit for what he DOES bring to the table? No. Honestly, again, I hope the Reds deal him in the winter for his sake (and partially mine). He deserves better. It's rare, in my opinion, these days to see a big-time player (please don't argue that) who is so self-aware, doesn't take himself too seriously, and is willing to say "I stink" when he is in a funk. I can assure you that most of you will miss him when he's gone.
September 27, 200620 yr When the Reds win, fans like Dunn and when they lose....Dunn, Griffey and Narron get the blame. Dunn like many of the Reds, has had his ups and downs. Power hitters are not usually going to hit for average and his has declined, which I attribute to two things. 1) Dunn K's a lot and I'm sure he would agree, putting the ball in play more would help his RBI total, if players get on in front. 2) His number of games played, as he goes out each day and tries to help the Reds win....Professionalism. His HR's and RBI's have been one consistent spot for the Reds offense. I think in time, Dunn would make the transition to 1st base and be solid. I'll respectfully disagree with you HSSB, the Reds don't need to trade Dunn.... but they may need to get rid of some "fans" or help them have a better understanding of the game and what each players limits, along with abilities are. Some Reds "fans", think 3 hits make you a superstar and 0-3, means you quit....some who constantly complain, must learn the difference in a season and not a series.
September 27, 200620 yr I'm in the trade Dunn group for a couple of reasons. Not one of them is b/c he's not any good. I think he has the most trade value on the team. I'm not sure what they could get back for him, but I'd like to find out. I could see his career going two ways. 1.) Something clicks and he becomes a .275 45 125 guy. 2.) I think this is more likely. He continues to not improve and doesn't dedicate himself to the game and his numbers continue to decline every year all th while he's here making between $10-15M a year. I don't think they can pay a guy like him that doesn't drive runs in. He's not a number 2-5 hitter right now it's that simple. Can the Reds afford a $12M a year 6 hitter?
September 27, 200620 yr I'll respectfully disagree with you HSSB, the Reds don't need to trade Dunn.... but they may need to get rid of some "fans" or help them have a better understanding of the game and what each players limits, along with abilities are. Some Reds "fans", think 3 hits make you a superstar and 0-3, means you quit....some who constantly complain, must learn the difference in a season and not a series. Whoa. I don't think for a second the Reds "should" trade Dunn, I'm saying if he is going to continue to be eveyone's whipping boy, than I hope they trade him for him. Not for the club.
September 27, 200620 yr Majewski gets knocked around a bit before an early exit. 5-2 with 1st and 3rd and 1 down for the Fish in the 6th... That was the biggest surprise of the night. You mean to tell me that you can't count on this guy to get you outs when you need them?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.