Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

When the Reds win, fans like Dunn and when they lose....Dunn, Griffey and Narron get the blame.

 

Dunn like many of the Reds, has had his ups and downs. Power hitters are not usually going to hit for average and his has declined, which I attribute to two things.

1) Dunn K's a lot and I'm sure he would agree, putting the ball in play more would help his RBI total, if players get on in front.

 

2) His number of games played, as he goes out each day and tries to help the Reds win....Professionalism.

His HR's and RBI's have been one consistent spot for the Reds offense.

 

I think in time, Dunn would make the transition to 1st base and be solid.

 

I'll respectfully disagree with you HSSB, the Reds don't need to trade Dunn.... but they may need to get rid of some "fans" or help them have a better understanding of the game and what each players limits, along with abilities are.

Some Reds "fans", think 3 hits make you a superstar and 0-3, means you quit....some who constantly complain, must learn the difference in a season and not a series.

I will respectfully disagree with both. Do I think that we should trade Dunn? No I don't,,,,,,unless the blockbuster pitcher were on the table. It's silly for me to sit and name whom I would unload him for. S3, to say he strikes out alot is like saying that Bill Clinton fibs. He leads the league,,,,AGAIN! He gets on base however with all of the walks, etc. and in Billy Bean's book, that's all that matters. In my book, he needs to drive in more runs....Before anyone has a coronary, I fully know his RBI totals have exceeded 100, but we're talking about a guy who plays everyday virtually. If you look at guys who have hit 40 HR in the last few seasons, his #s pale in comparison in every other category except walks. I personally like the Donkey, hope he stays, but wish somehow that he could shorten the stroke with 2 strikes and be a little better at putting it in play. I don't want to upset HSSB and more than once poked fun in his direction with regards to Dunner, but really, you compared his avg. to Clint Barmes....Clint Barmes. Might as well said his avg is higher than Jason Larue! I'll say this and quit,,,I hope we keep Dunner and hope that Krivsky bolsters the rotation somehow in the offseason. I'm sure that S3 would concur with that hope, however, if the right deal was on the table, I would pull the trigger for pitching, all things equal. Is there such a deal? Maybe, but I doubt it!

 

 

 

Dear HSSB, I hope you're not upset at my subtle jabs, I am only horsing around and mean nothing personal by them, just as upset as most about the mediocrity that I so love called the Reds!

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 224.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whoa. I don't think for a second the Reds "should" trade Dunn, I'm saying if he is going to continue to be eveyone's whipping boy, than I hope they trade him for him. Not for the club.
I'm using the same tongue in cheek tone, that you used about trading Dunn....thus this comment in my previous post.

 

but they may need to get rid of some "fans" or help them have a better understanding of the game and what each players limits, along with abilities are.

 

Fair-weather fans, are the ones needed to be traded, not Dunn.....:thumb:

 

Dear HSSB, I hope you're not upset at my subtle jabs, I am only horsing around and mean nothing personal by them, just as upset as most about the mediocrity that I so love called the Reds!

I don't take it personally, trust me. I enjoy the back-and-forth. :thumb:

Where have you been Digger? The last time we saw you in here before today the Reds were 7 games out. :sssh: :D

 

Nope, only 5.5. :thumb:

 

Check my history, my posts come in spurts! ;)

:jump: :bunny:

 

Still hard to believe they haven't made you Guru Jr. yet...

you compared his avg. to Clint Barmes....Clint Barmes. Might as well said his avg is higher than Jason Larue!

 

I wasn't comparing him to anyone, I was simply giving you the list of who was where. I listed the good and the bad; didn't want to be accused of only listing the "good" stats.

I will respectfully disagree with both. Do I think that we should trade Dunn? No I don't,,,,,,unless the blockbuster pitcher were on the table. It's silly for me to sit and name whom I would unload him for. S3, to say he strikes out alot is like saying that Bill Clinton fibs. He leads the league,,,,AGAIN! He gets on base however with all of the walks, etc. and in Billy Bean's book, that's all that matters. In my book, he needs to drive in more runs....Before anyone has a coronary, I fully know his RBI totals have exceeded 100, but we're talking about a guy who plays everyday virtually. If you look at guys who have hit 40 HR in the last few seasons, his #s pale in comparison in every other category except walks. I personally like the Donkey, hope he stays, but wish somehow that he could shorten the stroke with 2 strikes and be a little better at putting it in play. I don't want to upset HSSB and more than once poked fun in his direction with regards to Dunner, but really, you compared his avg. to Clint Barmes....Clint Barmes. Might as well said his avg is higher than Jason Larue! I'll say this and quit,,,I hope we keep Dunner and hope that Krivsky bolsters the rotation somehow in the offseason. I'm sure that S3 would concur with that hope, however, if the right deal was on the table, I would pull the trigger for pitching, all things equal. Is there such a deal? Maybe, but I doubt it!

....I'll agree on the bolster pitching rotation. My point on Dunn K's, is that when a hitter K's, it's not a productive at-bat and thus, no chance at an RBI.

 

Has MLB changed that much, that a guy who hits 40 HR's± and drives in 100 RBI, is not doing even to help his team. Dunn can't carry the Reds and a matter of fact, the Reds don't have a player currently who can carry them with average, power, RBI's and speed.

 

Trading away all the offensive production for pitching, would result in the same losing record, but in a different method "no offense"....move some of the middle relief core and a few starters, along with role players and try to get a starter.

 

Keep Dunn and hope "fans", understand his can do's and can not do's.

Where have you been Digger? The last time we saw you in here before today the Reds were 7 games out. :sssh: :D

 

Speaking of being gone for a few days, I don't hear a particular someone bashing on Narron now...:lol:

....I'll agree on the bolster pitching rotation. My point on Dunn K's, is that when a hitter K's, it's not a productive at-bat and thus, no chance at an RBI.

 

Has MLB changed that much, that a guy who hits 40 HR's± and drives in 100 RBI, is not doing even to help his team. Dunn can't carry the Reds and a matter of fact, the Reds don't have a player currently who can carry them with average, power, RBI's and speed.

 

Trading away all the offensive production for pitching, would result in the same losing record, but in a different method "no offense"....move some of the middle relief core and a few starters, along with role players and try to get a starter.

 

Keep Dunn and hope "fans", understand his can do's and can not do's.

My biggest beef with Dunn is his K's. Think about this, if he could somehow reduce his K's by 1/3. I'd venture to guess he'd add 20 or so Ribbies and .015 to his avg which has him at 120 RBI's and .250. Then there is no argument that he's The Man. Let me pose this question then,,,,If Dunner continues at his current rate for let's say another year/2years, Is he worth it to the Reds to pay 12-15 Mil? I'm not saying someone else wouldn't pay him, I'm saying with the Reds current salary structure, is he worth 1/4 to 1/5 of your payroll?

I don't think they should trade Dunn.But I wish he had a better work ethic.He is more worried about improving his golf game than reducing his Ks in baseball and it shows on the field.When you make the money all the guys do you would think they would work harder at the game.He has rarely put much effort into his play on the field.

Are the Reds really only 2.5 games out? How many long losing streaks have the Cards had this year?

I don't love Dunn's game, but I have never said they should trade him. And still don't think they should.

I don't love Dunn's game, but I have never said they should trade him. And still don't think they should.

 

Anyone and everyone is "trade-able". Its simply a matter of what you get in return.

My biggest beef with Dunn is his K's. Think about this, if he could somehow reduce his K's by 1/3. I'd venture to guess he'd add 20 or so Ribbies and .015 to his avg which has him at 120 RBI's and .250. Then there is no argument that he's The Man. Let me pose this question then,,,,If Dunner continues at his current rate for let's say another year/2years, Is he worth it to the Reds to pay 12-15 Mil? I'm not saying someone else wouldn't pay him, I'm saying with the Reds current salary structure, is he worth 1/4 to 1/5 of your payroll?
Not easy finding players, that can provide 40 HR's and 100 RBI's in today's market, than are or will be affordable.

 

Yes I agree, his K's are too much and therefore, his productive outs are less and will take away his RBI chances. At the same token, getting runners in scoring position in front of him, is also part of the problem.

 

I guess the question would also be...would Dunn's RBI total's be better, if 2-3 had better on base %....?

I don't think they should trade Dunn.But I wish he had a better work ethic.He is more worried about improving his golf game than reducing his Ks in baseball and it shows on the field.When you make the money all the guys do you would think they would work harder at the game.He has rarely put much effort into his play on the field.

Where do you keep getting this "worried about his golf game" stuff? Do you have a link to something? I have never heard any interview with him where even refers to playing golf. Fishing? Yes. However this is the 2nd or 3rd time you've referred to his "working on his golf game" and I just don't know where it's coming from.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.