Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

The Brewers get the edge in the pitching matchups today with Sheets going up against Suppan, but the Cards have their ace Chris Carpenter going tomorrow.

 

0-0 through 6...

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 224.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brewers score 2 in the 7th to take a 2-0 lead.

Cincinnati is guaranteed to sellout their first series of the season and their last series of the season in 2007. The Cubs begin and end the 2007 season at GABP.

It looks like Scott Spiezio may have just eliminated the Reds. He comes up with a big, big, two out, bases loaded triple to give the Cardinals a 3-2 lead in the bottom of the 8th. :cry:

I hate the Brewers even more now...:irked: :cry: :cry:

The Reds are officialy eliminated as former Red Brady Clark grounds out to end the ballgame. :cry: A nice season for Reds fans, and hopefully things will be even better next year. :thumb:

If someone said they would be eliminated from the NLC race on the last Saturday of the season in March, I would have been very happy with the new ownership and direction of the team. I see no reason to change that stance. Go Reds!!!

If someone said they would be eliminated from the NLC race on the last Saturday of the season in March, I would have been very happy with the new ownership and direction of the team. I see no reason to change that stance. Go Reds!!!

 

:thumb: With Carpenter going for St. Louis tomorrow anyways I think are chances were very slim, but it still would have been nice to have one more day to be hopeful...:D

If someone said they would be eliminated from the NLC race on the last Saturday of the season in March, I would have been very happy with the new ownership and direction of the team. I see no reason to change that stance. Go Reds!!!

:thumb:

 

The Reds had a much better season than I thought they would and for the 1st time in a while I'm excited about the direction the Reds seem to be going.

From Lancaster...

 

That's it and that's all

 

PITTSBURGH -- The tarp is on the field and rain appears to be on the way, but this game doesn't mean anything now, anyway. Thanks to Scott Spiezio and the Cardinals, the Reds are done before taking the field tonight. A run of contention that -- I think we can all agree on this -- lasted remarkably long is over, and it's on to next year.

 

Shortly after the Reds were eliminated, Wayne Krivsky spoke about how proud he was of Jerry Narron and the players for hanging in there after a bad stretch and rejoining the race at the end. He declined, however, to muse too deeply about what went wrong.

 

"What’s the use of going back over 162 games and overanalyzing to death?" said Krivsky. "What’s the point of doing that? It’s a long season and it is what it is. We battled and came up a little short.

 

"It would have been great for tonight’s game to really mean something, and then tomorrow, too. That would have been tremendous. At some point, your margin for error becomes zero."

 

The Reds arrived at that point today. Despite the disappointment of being knocked out, there were some reasons for optimism. I asked Krivsky if he believes the Reds have some pieces in place to be a playoff team down the line.

 

"Yeah, definitely," he said. "I really do. There’s some good players here and we’ll just see how the winter goes. Just keep adding to it."

 

We've all learned this season that we can expect nothing less from the GM.

If someone said they would be eliminated from the NLC race on the last Saturday of the season in March, I would have been very happy with the new ownership and direction of the team. I see no reason to change that stance. Go Reds!!!

 

I couldn't agree with you more, cuz. This team has provided an awful lot of fun for me.

 

In hindsight, I wish I had more opportunities to go up and see them live other than the time we went to see them against the Brew Crew. I expect 2007 will be much more magnetic.

Are they on rain delay? I just switched the radio over from the UK-CMU game.

Are they on rain delay? I just switched the radio over from the UK-CMU game.

 

 

Yes. Pirates lead 3-0 in the top of the 8th, and the rain started coming down.

Well, for what it's worth, I hope Steve Stewart lands somewhere good. I still feel he got done wrong; he improved a great deal this year.

Did I think that the Reds would be in contention until the last Saturday of the season? No - a pleasant surprise.

 

Did I think the Reds would need to win the last game of the season to avoid having a losing record for the year? That wouldn't have surprised me on Opening Day.

 

It does appear that this GM is willing to do what it takes to be competitive, which is very encouraging.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.