Massie pushes bill to defund Boehner's new office

All Tell

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massie is the main reason why we don't have funding for the new I-75 bridge between Cincinnati and Covington.

One can't constantly take on the office of Speaker of the House and expect to reel in benefits for one's district. This is what happens when we choose a Tea Party extremist to represent us in Congress.

Massie is the main reason why we don't have funding for the new I-75 bridge between Cincinnati and Covington.

One can't constantly take on the office of Speaker of the House and expect to reel in benefits for one's district. This is what happens when we choose a Tea Party extremist to represent us in Congress.

People actually liked this post?

Massie is one of the more honest politicians in Washington. He has done everything or fought for everything he campaigned on.

He is the real deal fiscal conservative.

People actually liked this post?

Massie is one of the more honest politicians in Washington. He has done everything or fought for everything he campaigned on.

He is the real deal fiscal conservative.

I think you're both right.

In other words, you have NO problem with the potential wasting of millions of our dollars?

Mr. Massie has been working on a number of items. Most have to with a smaller, federal government. One that is less intrusive into our lives. He is working on reducing regulations, reducing government spending and defending our Constitutional liberties, including our 2nd and 4th Amendments Rights. He has supported legislation to allow local farmers to sell raw milk and increase local sale of meat. He has also backed bills to allow the sale of industrial hemp, defend patent rights, reduce federal spending and defending gun rights. He is far from a do-nothing. He may just be something you do not like, a defender of Constitutional Rights, a supporter of a smaller Federal Government and a supporter of reducing government spending.

In other words, you have NO problem with the potential wasting of millions of our dollars?

In a vacuum reigning in unnecessary spending is a great thing, and I'm all for getting former members of Congress out of Washington and away from lobbying groups, but aren't you even just a little bit uncomfortable with bills being filed on behalf of a personal grudge?

In a vacuum reigning in unnecessary spending is a great thing, and I'm all for getting former members of Congress out of Washington and away from lobbying groups, but aren't you even just a little bit uncomfortable with bills being filed on behalf of a personal grudge?

You're taking quite a leap there as you don't know his real reasons. However, no, it does not bother me as I want the waste cut out of DC and if it has to happen because someone has a personal grudge, so be it. Maybe there should be more personal grudge bills, if that's what it is.

You're taking quite a leap there as you don't know his real reasons. However, no, it does not bother me as I want the waste cut out of DC and if it has to happen because someone has a personal grudge, so be it. Maybe there should be more personal grudge bills, if that's what it is.

I don't know the man, never heard him speak, have read his comments in the newspaper if they are accurate. It is nothing personal, he is not for his constituents when you don't support and fight for the I-75 bridge, would cut our social services to many that need it, etc.

I don't like his stance on many issues. I could care less what he does with Boehner, although it has appeared he has an ax to grind with Boehner.

He lacks the ability or will not compromise, therefore, he will is not a good Congressman IMO.

Did you read the article?

This has been something that has been going on, but all of a sudden when a guy he doesn't like gets to take advantage of the law, it is all of the sudden a problem. Heck, I even agree with the merits of the bill, to me it just makes Massie come across as juvenile.

I don't know the man, never heard him speak, have read his comments in the newspaper if they are accurate. It is nothing personal, he is not for his constituents when you don't support and fight for the I-75 bridge, would cut our social services to many that need it, etc.

I don't like his stance on many issues. I could care less what he does with Boehner, although it has appeared he has an ax to grind with Boehner.

He lacks the ability or will not compromise, therefore, he will is not a good Congressman IMO.

Given you're on the opposite side of the aisle that is not surprising. Obviously many others disagree with you.

I know nothing about him either but I sure like this move.

Did you read the article?

This has been something that has been going on, but all of a sudden when a guy he doesn't like gets to take advantage of the law, it is all of the sudden a problem. Heck, I even agree with the merits of the bill, to me it just makes Massie come across as juvenile.

You've got to start somewhere cutting the fat, I applaud him. We need more similar bills. If I'm not mistaken this is the first Speaker change since Massie has been in office? Seems like a good time to bring the bill up.