Massie pushes bill to defund Boehner's new office

All Tell

Please define "fair share". What percentage of a "wealthy" person's income is "fair"? Define "wealthy".

Well, I think you know, here goes. Someone that is wealthy has assets and earnings in the millions sometimes billions. They do not pay the same percentage as I do on mine. They pay more $$ but not percentage, it goes on the other end of the spectrum also. I don't care what the percentage is just let it be the same.

Too many loopholes. And we know many huge businesses get tax credits and breaks that small businesses do not get.

I call that unfair. Taxes are way too complicated when they need not be IMO.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume that you subscribe to the belief that we are under taxed as a society? And I assume that you believe that the federal govt doesn't spend enough?
Well this post just proves that what is said about assuming is true for some people .

I'll clap for the first Senator who sets forth a Constitutional Amendment that says, "You know guys, it probably is best if we, as Congressmen, cap how much we can spend on our campaigns and only serve 2 terms, like the President does." Until then, I look at all of them as looking after #1. Massie isn't doing this out of the goodness of his heart. If he's ready to go after Boehner, and I'm fine w/ that, let's have him open his own books up.

We need to scale back on all these special privileges granted to congress by congress. I have no idea how to do that short of kicking them all out or putting them on 2 year terms and saying you have 24 months to cut the fat and end these perks.

The best way to accomplish this task is to elect more Reps and Senators like Massie, Cruz and Lee. People like Reed, Pelosi and McConnell will never achieve anything like your goal.

Massie was the lone member of the Kentucky House delegation to vote against the highway bill that might provide funding for the new Brent Spence bridge, even though the bridge is in his district. But, hey, the man is popular with the Boone County Tea Party crazies.

Link below:

http://www.nkytribune.com/2015/12/bill-straub-light-at-the-end-of-the-bridge-for-brent-spence-thanks-to-just-about-everyone-but-massie/

Statesman Hah !Massie is a do-nothing Congress man who is earning none of his salary . Even Gene Snyder was better .

Gene Snyder, elected Representative Ky.1967, that is a name I know. Different world, different time. Politicians actually worked across the aisle. And got bills passed.

Edited by Sportsaholic Mamaw

'Fair Share' as presented by libs is a phony concept. They never define it other than those who make money should pay more. The right thing to do is create a system where everyone pays an equal percentage of their income. Big government, as Mr. Massie supports, needs to go on a diet. There are plenty of places to cut and allow the government do its Constitutional duties and provide help for those who are permanently disabled and temporary help for others.

Thanks to loopholes, armies of tax lawyers and mailing addresses in Switzerland, Ireland and Bermuda, many companies' "fair share" is zero.

Thanks to loopholes, armies of tax lawyers and mailing addresses in Switzerland, Ireland and Bermuda, many companies' "fair share" is zero.

That is why we need tax reform. Lots of talk about doing so, but the only ones who will do it are people like Massie, Paul and Cruz. They will pass legislation that will lower tax rates whereby companies will bring that foreign money home. The money grabbers like Reed and Pelosi will not. Lowering the rates will actually produce more tax revenue, since the companies will be able to bring their dollars home at a lower rate.

I'm like everyone else I pay too high taxes especially for a one school public school system here in Southgate . We have to pay the salaries for both a principal and superintendent in this system . What a joke and waste of taxpayers money , I wish they would merge with either Ft.Thomas or Newport .

That is why we need tax reform. Lots of talk about doing so, but the only ones who will do it are people like Massie, Paul and Cruz. They will pass legislation that will lower tax rates whereby companies will bring that foreign money home. The money grabbers like Reed and Pelosi will not. Lowering the rates will actually produce more tax revenue, since the companies will be able to bring their dollars home at a lower rate.
Massie will never vote for any meaningful legislation .

Massie will never vote for any meaningful legislation .

Mr. Massie is a defender of our Constitutional liberties. He supports a smaller federal government, so our state and local governments can make decisions for us that are closer to home. He wants to lessen the burdens of taxation and federal regulation. As these are items he would vote for, you must believe they are not meaningful. I can see you do not mind giving up your liberties to a big, oppressive, controlling federal government.

Mr. Massie is a defender of our Constitutional liberties. He supports a smaller federal government, so our state and local governments can make decisions for us that are closer to home. He wants to lessen the burdens of taxation and federal regulation. As these are items he would vote for, you must believe they are not meaningful. I can see you do not mind giving up your liberties to a big, oppressive, controlling federal government.

How bout he get a damn bridge built.

How bout he get a damn bridge built.

He is not the only one involved. While it is Kentucky's bridge, the bridge should be of Ohio's Governor's and Congressman's concern, in addition to ours plus senators. Since this bridge is important to trade for the entire region, you would think that all states that I-75 run through and states that feed off of it like Indiana would jump on board. And then there is the big concern of how to pay for it. Maybe a concerned citizen out there can come up with a compromise plan that would make everyone want to jump on board.

Edited by bballfamily

He is not the only one involved. While it is Kentucky's bridge, the bridge should be of Ohio's Governor's and Congressman's concern, in addition to ours plus senators. Since this bridge is important to trade for the entire region, you would think that all states that I-75 run through and states that feed off of it like Indiana would jump on board. And then there is the big concern of how to pay for it. Maybe a concerned citizen out there can come up with a compromise plan that would make everyone want to jump on board.
No but he is a major obstructionist to getting it built .Tolls .