7. Newport

6. Trigg Co.

5. Middlesboro

4. Mercer Co.

3. O. Catholic

2. Belfry

1. Russell

Agree/Disagree?

You cant leave Corbin out this year for the 2a top ten. Last year was a slow rebuilding year for the redhounds that still yet showed alot of positives and turned into a good season. Corbin has learned alot from last year they have a very big and strong line this year with alot of experiance between them as well as the backfield. Corbin learned alot from the hard times of last year, they will be back with a vengence. With arguably the best QB in the state Clint Cashen leading this team, it would be crazy not to list them in the top ten.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ijames is a legit D-1 baseball prospect. His stats were down quite a bit this year, but a lot of that had to do with the fact that nobody around here will pitch to him anymore.
I didn't say he wasn't a D-1 prospect, I just meant that they don't give full scholarships in baseball.

I have heard that it will be a Soph, Evan Walker. Saw him playing baseball the other night, and he is a big kid for his age. Probably at least 6'3" looks like he's got a QB build.

Well Walker is who I feel my be the QB and yes he has good size but as the rumors go you know....My quess is Evan will be because playing QB because playing DB and QB would take a lot out of a player, I do not care how old they are....

I have heard that it will be a Soph, Evan Walker. Saw him playing baseball the other night, and he is a big kid for his age. Probably at least 6'3" looks like he's got a QB build.

I am with you on that, because playing QB and DB like Winklepeck would is tough on the body, I do not care how old they are. Walker good size kid no doubt...I do not know anything on his arm strenght

My quess is Evan will be because playing QB because playing DB and QB would take a lot out of a player, I do not care how old they are....

You could play both and come out pretty good. Brown from Russell played both ways all year last year along with some kickoff return. The style of offense that Russell ran would be even tougher because of all the scrambling and bootleg running they do.

Good luck to whomever steps up to the QB position. They have some big shoes to fill.:thumb:

Russell will be # 1 they won it last year and you should start season at the top. They will also be pretty good on top of that. Belfry is a solid 2 and them and Rusell will be another great game if they meet up. Then Id put O'Cath at 3 but I defintley think the 2 best teams will be from the East this year in Belfry and Russell.

Russell will be # 1 they won it last year and you should start season at the top. They will also be pretty good on top of that. Belfry is a solid 2 and them and Rusell will be another great game if they meet up. Then Id put O'Cath at 3 but I defintley think the 2 best teams will be from the East this year in Belfry and Russell.

I would have to agree. Until the West can learn to stop the smash mouth running attacks that has doomed them the last couple of years, the East would have to be the favorites. BTW I love that style even if it has shot down the West lately.:thumb:

NHSBIGDADDY, you know Newport never does good in the scrimmages, they didn't even score in their scrimmages last year but look how many points they put up. You know every year they just get work in. They never fair good in them for some reason.

Certainly Devils title to win. Devils have to replace clutch passing game ( Tommy Brown was a playmaker) and physical play of very experienced small senior class -almost all played both ways. The problem for the Devils this year is once they play the big three ( first three games) , it's cupcake city where you really cannot judge improvement or performance. Devils will go in the playoffs , as far as they can find ways to get Kasey , Jacob and others the ball outside the confines of the base Wing T....

One final word , Mercer , Newport,and Belfry (Physical Play) could have beat the Devils and would have certainly beat anyone from the West ... Bring on the season ...

Certainly Devils title to win. Devils have to replace clutch passing game ( Tommy Brown was a playmaker) and physical play of very experienced small senior class -almost all played both ways. The problem for the Devils this year is once they play the big three ( first three games) , it's cupcake city where you really cannot judge improvement or performance. Devils will go in the playoffs , as far as they can find ways to get Kasey , Jacob and others the ball outside the confines of the base Wing T....

One final word , Mercer , Newport,and Belfry (Physical Play) could have beat the Devils and would have certainly beat anyone from the West ... Bring on the season ...

Plus Greenup might not even be Big Three anymore.