Frank Beamer Retiring

D-Rob

I spoke with a big Va Tech guy today. He said the defensive struggles of late may hurt Fosters chances...but if a great hire doesn't develop he could end up the fall back.

He said he has heard whispers of Rich Rod coming to Blacksburg. I don't know if that is viable or not but that would be interesting, I'd love to see him come back east and be in the ACC.

I spoke with a big Va Tech guy today. He said the defensive struggles of late may hurt Fosters chances...but if a great hire doesn't develop he could end up the fall back.

He said he has heard whispers of Rich Rod coming to Blacksburg. I don't know if that is viable or not but that would be interesting, I'd love to see him come back east and be in the ACC.

Rich Rod would be a great fit for the Hokies. I'm surprised Beamer didn't retire before now, he had a good run at it.

He nearly hit me with an errant approach shot while we were watching him play with Phil in the Pro-Am round at the Greenbrier a couple of years ago. He came over and I said that looked like one of my shots and he said, "wish you'd have called for a fair catch" and just laughed. Really nice fella.