Bryan Station 2006

It's one thing to post. While on the other hand, it would be good to know what you're posting about. The post is about a school that has as much of tradition in the game of football as any other school in KY. Just because they haven't enjoyed much recent success doesn't mean that with the right coach, they can't get back to the glory days were they were once a feared opponent. Some positive outcomes of games for them this year alone could start to reshape 4A football across the state. There is a really big sleeping giant on Eastin Rd. here in Lexington.

Why so cryptic? Tell me what I don't know about the post I responded to. It was posted that some of the "best players" don't play football at BS. I contend that if they don't play, they aren't players. You continue to boast about how under the right situation school after school in the Lexington area would wake up and dominate 4A. Now who is posting about what they don't know? The fact is that Lexington 4A has never been able to compete with Jefferson County in 4A. For proof I won't offer a bunch of "what ifs", I'll stick with the reord book.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came real close to taking a job there. Coach Lucas is a go getter. He will bring a lot of energy and experience to the program. My two biggest questions were how do they get the kids out of the hall and keep them eligable. He said getting them out was the least of his worries and they have well over 10 coaches in the building to keep them on their grades so we will see. In the end it just wasn't the right time for me to leave but it was very intriguing. New school in Jan, new football stadium the next year. I will be very suprised if they don't start becoming a force while he is there if he stays around which he says he is. The whole reason they came here was for his wife to retire with her family in Mt Sterling. He was very first class with me and I have nothing but great things to say about the whole experience with him and the vision he has for the program.

Station has always had trouble keeping their best players academically eligible, alot of the better players will come out and play one or two years, but they just can not keep their grades or behavior at an acceptable level, these are the same problems that all schools that contain students of a lower socioeconomic status have.

I really look forward to seeing Station steadily improve. It's not right to see Bryan Station and Tates Creek go 1-9 or 2-8. When teasm with excellent tradition began to lose games, it's not as fun to play them anymore, and takes some juice away from the rivalry.

It really isn't. The tradition and the talent that continues to fill the hallways of those two schools is really unbelievable.

Why so cryptic? Tell me what I don't know about the post I responded to. It was posted that some of the "best players" don't play football at BS. I contend that if they don't play, they aren't players. You continue to boast about how under the right situation school after school in the Lexington area would wake up and dominate 4A. Now who is posting about what they don't know? The fact is that Lexington 4A has never been able to compete with Jefferson County in 4A. For proof I won't offer a bunch of "what ifs", I'll stick with the reord book.

With open enrollment and an extremely open school district, please continue to belittle all other places who don't have all of the options that your school has. Easy wins huh. Your only challenger has been a school with the same enrollment guidelines. Oh what an accomplishment! :rolleyes: With all of the possible kids you can bring in, why can't you win against "out of state" opponents? I'm a fan of football, but there's some people who make following the game and discussing it with fellow followers not very interesting. Hint: check the mirror

I came real close to taking a job there. Coach Lucas is a go getter. He will bring a lot of energy and experience to the program. My two biggest questions were how do they get the kids out of the hall and keep them eligable. He said getting them out was the least of his worries and they have well over 10 coaches in the building to keep them on their grades so we will see. In the end it just wasn't the right time for me to leave but it was very intriguing. New school in Jan, new football stadium the next year. I will be very suprised if they don't start becoming a force while he is there if he stays around which he says he is. The whole reason they came here was for his wife to retire with her family in Mt Sterling. He was very first class with me and I have nothing but great things to say about the whole experience with him and the vision he has for the program.

Is he a BS alum? What kind of guy is he as far as coaching styles go?

Coach Lucas is a great coach and an even better person. His success on and off the field speaks for itself; he is a proven winner. He has won everywhere he has went and I don't see that changing with Bryan Station.

Is he a BS alum? What kind of guy is he as far as coaching styles go?

He is not a BS alum.

If I had to describe Coach Lucas in one phrase it would be: a motivational, offensive minded, players coach. However, he doesn't mind to "get after" his players either.

With open enrollment and an extremely open school district, please continue to belittle all other places who don't have all of the options that your school has. Easy wins huh. Your only challenger has been a school with the same enrollment guidelines. Oh what an accomplishment! :rolleyes: With all of the possible kids you can bring in, why can't you win against "out of state" opponents? I'm a fan of football, but there's some people who make following the game and discussing it with fellow followers not very interesting. Hint: check the mirror

Oh really, so your idea of interesting debate is everyone agreeing with your way of thinking. Maybe you need to check out some other source of entertainment as there have been few and far between posters that buy what you are selling. Note your recent tirade against Manual. I recall that Trinity is one of only a few teams in state with the...ah... guts to play the big boys from out of state. And I believe the Rocks are the only one to have actually defeated Ohio's best team a few years ago (if anyone else has done this please forgive me). You constantly come on here with false bravado about the strength of 4A football in Lexington and when challenged you hide behind all of the unfair advantages that the Jefferson County schools have.

He is not a BS alum.

If I had to describe Coach Lucas in one phrase it would be: a motivational, offensive minded, players coach. However, he doesn't mind to "get after" his players either.

Anyone,

Is he bringing in any other coaches that you know of?

Any idea if he favors a particular offense or defense philosophy?

Thanx, Woody Jr

I'm not going to give out his style of play because I don't think it's fair to him but I'll give you a little background. He coached at the University of Colorado when they won the National Championship. He was there for somewhere around 7 years I think. He went on to be an NFL sports agent but said it's too cutthroat for him. He is a family man and is strong in his faith from what I've gathered. He went on to coach at a school like Station I think around the Denver area. He had a lot of success there.

I have seen first hand practice plans, game cuts etc. He is detail oreinted from what I've seen and he seems to have a great repor with his players and coaches. He has brought several guys with him that know him well and has brought some new people in. When people like you enough to leave Colorado to come to KY you must be doing something right! He preached that they would be first class in everything. He said getting kids out was his forte. He has a slew of coaches from what I understand and that means more individual time. He is definatly a high energy motivator. Like I said I will be shocked if they don't steadily improve and I have nothing but GREAT things to say about the way he handled me. He was FIRST CLASS as far as our encounters went.

Station has athletes galore and they have a couple of nice young QB's. Keeping kids out of trouble in the overcrowded schools in Lexington is the challenge. If he can keep them out and keep their grades up then they have the potential to be a force in the future. New school, new field, new coach the recipe is there! They should be a fun program to keep an eye on but they have a big hole to dig out of. I also work with Dermonti Dawson's mom and he has tried to reach out to alumni which is a good sign too I think!

I'm not going to give out his style of play because I don't think it's fair to him but I'll give you a little background. He coached at the University of Colorado when they won the National Championship. He was there for somewhere around 7 years I think. He went on to be an NFL sports agent but said it's too cutthroat for him. He is a family man and is strong in his faith from what I've gathered. He went on to coach at a school like Station I think around the Denver area. He had a lot of success there.

I have seen first hand practice plans, game cuts etc. He is detail oreinted from what I've seen and he seems to have a great repor with his players and coaches. He has brought several guys with him that know him well and has brought some new people in. When people like you enough to leave Colorado to come to KY you must be doing something right! He preached that they would be first class in everything. He said getting kids out was his forte. He has a slew of coaches from what I understand and that means more individual time. He is definatly a high energy motivator. Like I said I will be shocked if they don't steadily improve and I have nothing but GREAT things to say about the way he handled me. He was FIRST CLASS as far as our encounters went.

Station has athletes galore and they have a couple of nice young QB's. Keeping kids out of trouble in the overcrowded schools in Lexington is the challenge. If he can keep them out and keep their grades up then they have the potential to be a force in the future. New school, new field, new coach the recipe is there! They should be a fun program to keep an eye on but they have a big hole to dig out of. I also work with Dermonti Dawson's mom and he has tried to reach out to alumni which is a good sign too I think!

Gotcha on that:thumb:

Dermonti wouldnt be too bad to have hanging around :D;)

Sounds great for BS & Lex FB

Woody JR

Couldn't have said it better myself.

To add to that, Coach Lucas has won 5 state championships as a HS Head Coach. He has also sent numerous players to Div. 1colleges and he emphasizes the importance of education and going to college.

You can check out this link from the Bryan Station HS website of Coach Lucas' resume.

http://www.bshs.fcps.net/Sports/football.htm

Very very impressive.

Had the fortunate oppurtunity to work along side him and some of his staff during Bryan Station's spring ball (I was doing observation at BS and got to volunteer on the football staff as they were shorthanded at the time), and I must admit I was overwhelmingly impressed.