Bryan Station 2006

Oh really, so your idea of interesting debate is everyone agreeing with your way of thinking. Maybe you need to check out some other source of entertainment as there have been few and far between posters that buy what you are selling. Note your recent tirade against Manual. I recall that Trinity is one of only a few teams in state with the...ah... guts to play the big boys from out of state. And I believe the Rocks are the only one to have actually defeated Ohio's best team a few years ago (if anyone else has done this please forgive me). You constantly come on here with false bravado about the strength of 4A football in Lexington and when challenged you hide behind all of the unfair advantages that the Jefferson County schools have.

Oops! I'm sorry that I disagreed with 1 Trinity/Manual/ Louisville 4A supporter. Us here in we little ol' Lexington will never have as great athletes as they do in the river city so here it is. Sorry. There, are you happy? Can we talk about teams in 4A other than the Lou. schools, please? That would be so nice of you to allow that. :rolleyes:

By the way, you 1: only beat the team once. What about MBA? 2: Are you a Trinity fan or a Manual fan, please pick one? My guess: Manual you are.

This post is about BSHS, not Trinity or manual so i'll get back on the subject that I have created. Bryan Station is a school that is absolutely loaded with talent, just undeveloped. The kids don't live in by far the best neighborhoods and do not recieve the best opportunities. The new guy has created alot of buzz, so I am interested in what they will start bringing to the table, as should EVERYONE else.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops! I'm sorry that I disagreed with 1 Trinity/Manual/ Louisville 4A supporter. Us here in we little ol' Lexington will never have as great athletes as they do in the river city so here it is. Sorry. There, are you happy? Can we talk about teams in 4A other than the Lou. schools, please? That would be so nice of you to allow that. :rolleyes:

By the way, you 1: only beat the team once. What about MBA? 2: Are you a Trinity fan or a Manual fan, please pick one? My guess: Manual you are.

This post is about BSHS, not Trinity or manual so i'll get back on the subject that I have created. Bryan Station is a school that is absolutely loaded with talent, just undeveloped. The kids don't live in by far the best neighborhoods and do not recieve the best opportunities. The new guy has created alot of buzz, so I am interested in what they will start bringing to the table, as should EVERYONE else.

By the same token while you like to pound your chest about our losses to out of state opponents, how many times have you beaten Louisville schools?

But to the thread I would like to see some life out of the Lexington district and I really expected Bryan Station to be that school, especially after their spectacular performance in 99. Either way there is too much talent in those schools to not have won at least one title in the last 10 years. Is the issue getting the athletes out for football or what because I know those schools have some talented athletes on the bball courts, and they could be stars on the gridiron just as easily.

BTW it hasn't been atheletes that has made the difference in my experience it is discipline and coaching.

By the same token while you like to pound your chest about our losses to out of state opponents, how many times have you beaten Louisville schools?

But to the thread I would like to see some life out of the Lexington district and I really expected Bryan Station to be that school, especially after their spectacular performance in 99. Either way there is too much talent in those schools to not have won at least one title in the last 10 years. Is the issue getting the athletes out for football or what because I know those schools have some talented athletes on the bball courts, and they could be stars on the gridiron just as easily.

BTW it hasn't been atheletes that has made the difference in my experience it is discipline and coaching.

We have beaten a lou. school just as much as oyu guys have beaten out of state opponents from TN and OH, once.

Not saying I'm against T, but at the same time, I don't feel it's fair to boast about how great you are when you do get or recieve, however you want to put it, talent from other places. Every PLD/ Lexington 4A fan respects the Trinity program because of your success, but for our limitations, we have been very successful too. I hope that T can get back to beating a MBA or Elder because it represents our state very well beyond it's borders.

It has been on the hands of the athletes. Like I stated, the communities in which most of them come from aren't the best, but they have to learn to choose the right path instead of the negatives.

We have beaten a lou. school just as much as oyu guys have beaten out of state opponents from TN and OH, once.

Not saying I'm against T, but at the same time, I don't feel it's fair to boast about how great you are when you do get or recieve, however you want to put it, talent from other places. Every PLD/ Lexington 4A fan respects the Trinity program because of your success, but for our limitations, we have been very successful too. I hope that T can get back to beating a MBA or Elder because it represents our state very well beyond it's borders.

It has been on the hands of the athletes. Like I stated, the communities in which most of them come from aren't the best, but they have to learn to choose the right path instead of the negatives.

We have 2 victories that I am aware of against Ohio schools and 1 against a TN school. That makes 3, just to be specific.

Athlete wise we almost never out athlete our opponents talent wise, we platoon to wear them down.

In regards to the last comment there, sometimes those can make for the best teams with the right coach.

We have 2 victories that I am aware of against Ohio schools and 1 against a TN school. That makes 3, just to be specific.

Athlete wise we almost never out athlete our opponents talent wise, we platoon to wear them down.

In regards to the last comment there, sometimes those can make for the best teams with the right coach.

I won't say that Trinity has a lot of great skill kids but a lot of people judge talent on how fast they run a 40 yard dash, and I can pretty much gurantee take any team in the weightroom agains Trinity and it's no comparison.

Trinity's kids don't look like studs or speed demons but they are more physically developed at this point in time. Trinity has an unbelievable weight room. I know EKU doesn't have one that nice and I haven't seen WKU but if they do that' s a colllege choice I would want to make.

I don't know for sure but I would love for one day to figure up how many starters on Trinity can bench 315 or more and then I have a feeling many people will begin to see how far ahead they are from everyone else.

I won't say that Trinity has a lot of great skill kids but a lot of people judge talent on how fast they run a 40 yard dash, and I can pretty much gurantee take any team in the weightroom agains Trinity and it's no comparison.

Trinity's kids don't look like studs or speed demons but they are more physically developed at this point in time. Trinity has an unbelievable weight room. I know EKU doesn't have one that nice and I haven't seen WKU but if they do that' s a colllege choice I would want to make.

I don't know for sure but I would love for one day to figure up how many starters on Trinity can bench 315 or more and then I have a feeling many people will begin to see how far ahead they are from everyone else.

Good point, either way though I have taken this off topic big time. Let's get back to the main discussion at hand. :thumb:

You are pretty new here so I'll give it to you slowly, again. First, the handle is LSU-R-O-C-K, Trinity Sham-R-O-C-K-S get it. I mentioned the Manual thing because I would have thought your learned you lesson from the beating you took on comparing Dunbar's "success" to Manual's "failure". It wasn't just me, you were universally thumped on that one. I have no problem talking about any and all other schools, but lets stick to the facts. You keep harping on all the "talented players" that don't play and I contend they aren't players at all if they don't in fact PLAY. I wish all the 4A schools in Lexington the best of luck, I'm tired of hearing all the fans from the other bracket talk down our side of the draw as weak. Please, step up and provide some competition. Oh I forgot, you would rather cry foul about schools without districts etc.

FYI, recently the Rocks have fared pretty well out of state. We should even the slate with MBA this year. Beat a pretty good Dayton team with a back that played quite a few minutes as a freshman in the Big Ten last year (Javon Ringer). And of course the win over Ohio D1 Champs Elder has been called one of the biggest wins in Kentucky high school football history by many on this board.

You are pretty new here so I'll give it to you slowly, again. First, the handle is LSU-R-O-C-K, Trinity Sham-R-O-C-K-S get it. I mentioned the Manual thing because I would have thought your learned you lesson from the beating you took on comparing Dunbar's "success" to Manual's "failure". It wasn't just me, you were universally thumped on that one. I have no problem talking about any and all other schools, but lets stick to the facts. You keep harping on all the "talented players" that don't play and I contend they aren't players at all if they don't in fact PLAY. I wish all the 4A schools in Lexington the best of luck, I'm tired of hearing all the fans from the other bracket talk down our side of the draw as weak. Please, step up and provide some competition. Oh I forgot, you would rather cry foul about schools without districts etc.

FYI, recently the Rocks have fared pretty well out of state. We should even the slate with MBA this year. Beat a pretty good Dayton team with a back that played quite a few minutes as a freshman in the Big Ten last year (Javon Ringer). And of course the win over Ohio D1 Champs Elder has been called one of the biggest wins in Kentucky high school football history by many on this board.

This thread has NOTHING to do with Jeff Co 4A football but BSHS. Best I can tell, here is where Jeff Co 4A came into this thread.

You continue to boast about how under the right situation school after school in the Lexington area would wake up and dominate 4A. Now who is posting about what they don't know? The fact is that Lexington 4A has never been able to compete with Jefferson County in 4A. For proof I won't offer a bunch of "what ifs", I'll stick with the reord book.

Can you remember the days when Trinity was terrible? Granted that was a long time ago, but things do change over time as they did for the Rocks. I wonder how the Trinity faithful felt then when the Flaget folks looked down their noses at them? Then came a coach named Paulie Miller (ironically from Flaget) and he ran off a ton of players as he showed them how hard they had to work to become a solid football team. Then Jim Kennedy delivered their first of many state titles. From that point on in 1968, their fortunes obviously have changed drastically.

I don't understand why some enjoy looking down their noses at others who are optimistic about the future of their programs. The Trinity faithful then who were optimistic may be no different than the BSHS faithful are now. Just a thought. ;)

This thread has NOTHING to do with Jeff Co 4A football but BSHS. Best I can tell, here is where Jeff Co 4A came into this thread.

Can you remember the days when Trinity was terrible? Granted that was a long time ago, but things do change over time as they did for the Rocks. I wonder how the Trinity faithful felt then when the Flaget folks looked down their noses at them? Then came a coach named Paulie Miller (ironically from Flaget) and he ran off a ton of players as he showed them how hard they had to work to become a solid football team. Then Jim Kennedy delivered their first of many state titles. From that point on in 1968, their fortunes obviously have changed drastically.

I don't understand why some enjoy looking down their noses at others who are optimistic about the future of their programs. The Trinity faithful then who were optimistic may be no different than the BSHS faithful are now. Just a thought. ;)

This post should go down in preps history. Absolutely great! OUTSTANDING! It's good to see that someone else understands also. It was about BS, and somehow "like the guru says" thread after thread turns into something about T or X or both. People act as if they've never seen down times, but they have. Some just act as if people don't look into the past. THANKS!:D

This post should go down in preps history. Absolutely great! OUTSTANDING! It's good to see that someone else understands also. It was about BS, and somehow "like the guru says" thread after thread turns into something about T or X or both. People act as if they've never seen down times, but they have. Some just act as if people don't look into the past. THANKS!:D

You are welcome. Noone has more respect for what T & X have done. The numbers absolutely speak for themselves and are the benchmark for all other 4A teams to strive for. I wish only the best for BSHS. No they don't have the tradition of an X or T, however, they have had some pretty good ball clubs and turned out some awfully good players and I hope they return to that form. :thumb: It is good for ALL football in KY period when more teams succeed.