Is the GOP's New Frontrunner in Iowa a Member of a Religious CULT?

Now, I do not believe Carson is in a cult. I just think he thinks way differently than I or many do. I almost always lean to the Democratic platform (if there is such a thing in either party), but just because I disagree (a lot) does not mean I think he is in a cult or driven by Satan.

I don't know when it happened on a large scale but just because a person disagrees does not mean they are evil.

I don't think the good doctor is evil. I just think he makes a lot of strange statements, many of which probably arise from his odd SDA beliefs.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree. This is not the place for the Jeb Bushes of the world.

Definitely not a Jeb Bush fan. But I have opinions and when things strike me as wrong, I tend to speak out (I blame my Irish ancestry for that). SF you do make us think about stuff and if that is your purpose, you do a hell of a job.

Here's an interesting analysis. Starts out with this:

What is a cult?

A religious cult is an organization that has departed from mainstream Christianity to follow doctrines that are not Biblical. They hold their leader's Bible contradictions over the Word of God. The Seventh-day Adventist Church teaches many non-Biblical doctrines and a false gospel.

Is Seventh-day Adventism a cult?

That's the thing, most people do not understand the meaning of the word "cult", as soon as someone hears the word cult they go directly to thinking of cults like the branch davidians or the heavens gates cults, the overwhelming number of cults are far from the two examples above.

I guess my question would be....who cares?

This is what I think also. Aren't Democrats, and liberals in general, supposed to be all inclusive? The answer is yes, when it suits their proposes. If he were Muslim would they consider that a cult? The real problem is that Ben Carson is black and a conservative Republican. This is considered blasphemy, kind of like being a black police officer.

Gosh, I hope he is a member. Then I hope they prove it is a cult by definition.Then I hope you dems don't vote for him, just like you were going to anyway.

You're correct. This is strictly a GOP conundrum. For the next 9 months or whatever, the only people who will cast a vote for (or against) Carson in state primaries will be registered Republicans.

You're correct. This is strictly a GOP conundrum. For the next 9 months or whatever, the only people who will cast a vote for (or against) Carson in state primaries will be registered Republicans.

Actually that's only true in states with closed primaries. Look it up.

This is what I think also. Aren't Democrats, and liberals in general, supposed to be all inclusive? The answer is yes, when it suits their proposes. If he were Muslim would they consider that a cult? The real problem is that Ben Carson is black and a conservative Republican. This is considered blasphemy, kind of like being a black police officer.

Some of us are. Even if my evil - sorry, I meant liberal - purposes aren't served.:thumb:

Definitely not a Jeb Bush fan. But I have opinions and when things strike me as wrong, I tend to speak out (I blame my Irish ancestry for that). SF you do make us think about stuff and if that is your purpose, you do a hell of a job.

And I love that you speak out. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Keep doing it ! And, yes, I like to pose thought-provoking questions. I learn ... you learn... we all win.