October 18, 201510 yr Author Had activity all morning. Heard turkeys. Squirrels are more than plentiful. Turkeys finally came around. Bunches of them. They left and enter the does. Watched a couple for about 20 minutes. They left and another came right by my stand and hung with me for about 10 minutes. Too small or she would have been jersey. Walked out and kicked up another doe. Love those kind of days.
October 18, 201510 yr This first timer actually had the hammer cocked and sighting in a 6 ish pointer at about 70 yards....on the range, had a pattern of 3 within 4 inches at 100 yards, so I was pretty confident.....but he didn't come the extra 3 feet into the shooting alley.......instead, jumped the creek and went up the hill........ Oh well, perhaps we will meet again on the second Saturday in November
October 18, 201510 yr Brother in law dropped a nice 13 pointer this evening. Spooked a nice tall and wide 8 pointer over the hill to me on the shot, but I passed him up. My first two bucks have been an 8, and a 9, so I'm trying to trophy hunt this year. Did hear a lot more shots and activity tonight than the rest of the weekend
October 19, 201510 yr 2 days of squirrels and chipmunks in Lewis Co. 10-15 shots in the distance each day. Had several deer on cameras multiple times before Saturday, I quess they all went out of town for the weekend. Did see a bobcat though,which was fun.
October 19, 201510 yr Lots of movement yesterday afternoon, all does. I did spot a doe bedded on a wooded fence line, lazy in the sun...I kept looking at this "spot" and realized she was just watching me and since I was downwind, she didn't care. Not often I catch them bedded in the afternoon, but her spot was a good one....I should have just bedded down in the sun myself...
October 24, 201510 yr How do you go out into the woods all day and not see any deer? You guys should come over to my house in the city around dusk and you could get close enough to strangle a couple.
October 26, 201510 yr How do you go out into the woods all day and not see any deer? You guys should come over to my house in the city around dusk and you could get close enough to strangle a couple. Uhh, PM me an address. I'm not beyond strangling one in the city !
October 26, 201510 yr Needless to say alot of does bit the dust on our place. My son killed (3) and I got (2) BONUS TAG, so did not get to hunt Sunday, but lots of summer sausage, tenderloin, jerky on the way. Had a ball with my son as he shot his first with the muzzle loader. Bucks always hide it seems this time of year right before they rut, I think the change in hormones freak them out a little, they spend alot of time lying around. Next 3 weeks will be great!
October 30, 201510 yr They are a moving...and road kill is evident as well. Be on the look out driving 24/7 for the next few weeks!!! :thumb:
October 30, 201510 yr They are a moving...and road kill is evident as well. Be on the look out driving 24/7 for the next few weeks!!! :thumb: Stood up on the brakes early this AM on the way to work. Everything that was in my front seat, moved to the floor...doe just kept on walking, but didn't hit her so it's a win. Probably get the PSE into the woods this evening
October 30, 201510 yr Stood up on the brakes early this AM on the way to work. Everything that was in my front seat, moved to the floor...doe just kept on walking, but didn't hit her so it's a win. Probably get the PSE into the woods this evening Saw a basket 8 chasing a doe last night.
November 1, 201510 yr Stood up on the brakes early this AM on the way to work. Everything that was in my front seat, moved to the floor...doe just kept on walking, but didn't hit her so it's a win. Probably get the PSE into the woods this evening Spent the day in Granville OH yesterday and it was "carnage" on the drive up. We drove a different route home between Granville and Columbus and I saw at least 10 alive on the move...and we counted 7 ( not so alive ) between Granville and Columbus, about 25 miles...
November 9, 201510 yr Good luck this weekend everyone!!! Hunted all day Saturday saw (11) different bucks, 9 of them were small but moving all day. Did see my 2 (10) pointers that I would love to post pictures on here about. One is a 170-180 inch deer, the other 150 and can be a monster next year but my son really wants to shoot him!! Be safe and happy hunting
November 11, 201510 yr Anyone know anybody that went on a Quota Hunt this past weekend? Any results out there?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.