Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Muzzleloading season

Featured Replies

I knew it was close to muzzloading season, bore butter laying on the kitchen table. Lol

  • Replies 53
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just decided with the youngest to indeed hunt Sat morn. Staying with my best friend since HS on his place, the site where my youngest took his first buck at age 5 with my dad and I. Never forget it. My dad kept the pic of him with that deer on his mantle. Seems fitting that we go. He turns 17 tomorrow and I couldn't be prouder of the young man he has become. My dad felt the same. So much so that when we discussed things the first thing out of his mouth was "now you all know Brian gets all my guns". Ha

  • Author
Just decided with the youngest to indeed hunt Sat morn. Staying with my best friend since HS on his place, the site where my youngest took his first buck at age 5 with my dad and I. Never forget it. My dad kept the pic of him with that deer on his mantle. Seems fitting that we go. He turns 17 tomorrow and I couldn't be prouder of the young man he has become. My dad felt the same. So much so that when we discussed things the first thing out of his mouth was "now you all know Brian gets all my guns". Ha

 

I was going to ask you if you would be able to go. Great decision for you. I'm sure it will be emotional for you, but I'm also sure you will cherish the moment. It will be a great weekend for you, with or without that big buck.

Best wishes. Prayers still heading your way.

So did you all hear a lot of shots this morning?

 

a.) a couple

 

b.) bob white club

 

c.) gun range

 

d.) gettysburg :lol2:

  • Author
So did you all hear a lot of shots this morning?

 

a.) a couple

 

b.) bob white club

 

c.) gun range

 

d.) gettysburg :lol2:

 

I'll go with E.). Church

 

Nothing moving. 4 folks on my place saw nothing. Jumped to at my godfathers walking in tonight but have not seen them since.

Oh how I wish I could be in the woods with you all. This early muzzleloader weekend is my idea of a national holiday, but I am stuck at work. The report from the farm is that it was very quiet this morning. One shot heard way off in the distance. Nothing seen, either. Good luck to you all, and be safe.

Four of us on three different farms.........

Nothin...... Didn't see a deer all day, not many shots heard either.

 

Plenty of turkeys though.....

  • Author
Dropped my first two coyotes within 15 minutes of each other tonight with the muzzle loader!

 

Saw tons of poop, no coyotes though.

  • Author

Saw some does tonight. No good shots though.

Went yesterday morning with my youngest and my best pal and his son who brought a friend. And the boy who had never killed a buck whacked his first one. A solid six point with no brow tines. He was so tickled. Made my day. My son said, that's pretty cool dad. Which makes me realize all the lessons weren't wasted.

Four of us on three different farms.........

Nothin...... Didn't see a deer all day, not many shots heard either.

 

Plenty of turkeys though.....

 

You know of course they help each other out...that combined smell and sight teamwork!

 

:)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.