Snake bite threat - Is this real?

theguru

God's country. Pike County. :ylsuper:

There are critters living in the country, part of life. We have a lot of coyotes and there are more bears around then people realize, but those things don't bother me.

I don't care for snakes, but in reality, we don't see very many snakes and that was the only time I have ever had one in the house.

None of the critters bother me but snakes!

Obviously, I have a problem with snakes. So when people here that I went to Reelfoot Lake in Tennessee , for a fishing trip they cannot believe it. Especially when I tell them I knew about the lake going in. At Reelfoot you only use john boats, the first thing you are told is do not put your stringer of fish off the side of the boat in the water because the snakes will come after it. My dad and I thought that the guy working at the fishing cabin was just kidding with us....nope, we caught a couple real quick and had them the stringer in the water, sure enough about 5-6 come after the boat making a B-line. When we cleaned the fish at the cleaning station off the dock, they come and feed like sharks. The freakiest place I have ever been in my life. The whole lake is about a third the size of Lake Cumberland and averages about six foot deep, looks like you are in a deep Louisiana swamp.

http://www.reelfoot.com/

Edited by doubledeuce

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of the critters bother me but snakes!

Obviously, I have a problem with snakes. So when people here that I went to Reelfoot Lake in Tennessee , for a fishing trip they cannot believe it. Especially when I tell them I knew about the lake going in. At Reelfoot you only use john boats, the first thing you are told is do not put your stringer of fish off the side of the boat in the water because the snakes will come after it. My dad and I thought that the guy working at the fishing cabin was just kidding with us....nope, we caught a couple real quick and had them the stringer in the water, sure enough about 5-6 come after the boat making a B-line. When we cleaned the fish at the cleaning station off the dock, they come and feed like sharks. The freakiest place I have ever been in my life. The whole lake is about a third the size of Lake Cumberland and averages about six foot deep, looks like you are in a deep Louisiana swamp.

Reelfoot Lake Outdoors- hunting, fishing and eagle watching. Reelfoot is the famous earthquake lake in Northwest Tennessee

I've never been there. Planned a trip once when I was in school and it poured he entire weekend. The Cyprus trees look pretty cool. But the snakes,,,,pass.

I have never seen a Cottonmouth here in NKY, never seen one any where in Ky. I know there are a few in Western Ky from what I've read. That's just me though.

You will not see one in Kentucky unless it is like you said, far west.